[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is my wife too picky?

Chavez

She doesn't like ANY potato pancakes.

List of foods she hates:

- salmon

- cod

- smoked fish

- barbecue sauce

- gruyere cheese

- havarti cheese

- gazpacho

- cheesecake

...the mind boggles, I tell ya.

EDIT - corned beef, whole wheat bread, verde sauce, alfredo sauce....

My girlfriend doesn't like any of those things except certain BBQ sauces.

• 2 weeks later...

Made some mashed potatoes the other night - obviously 3-4 spuds, about 1/4 cup olive oil, tsp minced garlic, healthy heaping of Lawry's - mix.

My wife thought it was the worst thing EVER. I thought it was fantastic. Who is the insane one?

My wife would be the same way. Her mother is such a bland cook that she grew up thinking anything different was bad. Not into trying new things much at all. :D

My wife would be the same way. Her mother is such a bland cook that she grew up thinking anything different was bad. Not into trying new things much at all. :D

My wife grew up eating all food prepared out of a can. A week after we met she said she wanted to cook dinner for me. She whipped up some sort of boiled lemon pepper chicken dish with a can of green beans. Probably the most horrific thing I've ever eaten but forced it down just to be nice. :D

Two weeks later I told her I would cook for her and she kept giving me a hard time about how it'll be hot dogs and a bag of chips. Well, I made her a pan-seared icelandic cod with a mango/papaya salsa and a simple mixed green salad with a riesling vinaigrette. Paired it up with a few nice wines and left her speechless.

She hasn't cooked since. :bash:

My wife grew up eating all food prepared out of a can. A week after we met she said she wanted to cook dinner for me. She whipped up some sort of boiled lemon pepper chicken dish with a can of green beans. Probably the most horrific thing I've ever eaten but forced it down just to be nice. :D

Two weeks later I told her I would cook for her and she kept giving me a hard time about how it'll be hot dogs and a bag of chips. Well, I made her a pan-seared icelandic cod with a mango/papaya salsa and a simple mixed green salad with a riesling vinaigrette. Paired it up with a few nice wines and left her speechless.

She hasn't cooked since. :D

dam, you may not even realize it but you got owned right there.

She hasn't cooked since. :D

Mine doesn't cook anymore either. For one, she wants me to...for another, I like good food. :bash: