[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears shopping Thomas Jones?

URLACHERisGOD

SI.com

You can use a starter's pistol to mark the beginning of Thomas Jones trade talk when the Super Bowl ends. The hot rumor is that one of the New York teams is going to make an offer to the Bears -- either the Giants to replace Tiki Barber or the Jets to replace Curtis Martin.

-- Chicago Sun-Times

What do either of those teams have that we want? I suppose we'll take Coles, Shockey, or Vilma. :D

As a Bear fan, I hope they keep both! As a fan I like RBBC, in this situation. They both bring something different to the table. I have Jones in A Dynasty, but could drop him.

SI.com

What do either of those teams have that we want? I suppose we'll take Coles, Shockey, or Vilma. :D

Assuming the salary cap implications would work, I don't see the Giants trading one of the few impact TE's in the league or the Jets trading one of the best LBs in the league for Thomas Jones. A successful trade would probably involve a draft pick and even then, Bears fans might want to temper expectations. Maroney, Williams, and Addai were all taken in the latter half of the 1st round last year. Then again, I don't know if the draft will be as deep this year at RB.

Edited by bushwacked

As a Benson owner, I can't waite to see him leave!! I hope the door hits him in the booty on the way out!

I drafted Benson two years ago in a keeper league and have been looking for this day for a long time. Bring on the trade and hello Mr. Benson.

Fantasy wise, when the trade would go threw. This would allow Peterson to get 350-500 yards, and 3-5 TDs for next year. Could be a nice late pick.

Peterson in 133 ATT has Agv'd 4.7 yards a carry. And in 2005 he had 391 yards.

The AVG is a bit misleading since teams don’t expect him to run. But he is a solid runner. He always keeps on pumping his legs.

SI.com

I'd go after Coles if I were Angelo. Muhammad isn't that good anymore and the Jets would probably be OK with Cotchery and McCareins (alternatively, a Coles-for-Muhammad swap might work). I doubt that Mangini would want to give up Vilma. Shockey is always injured, his mouth is a distraction at times, and Rex never throws to his TEs anyway.

Now that could be realistic...

The Giants pick at #20 and the Jets pick at #25.

IMO, Thomas Jones is worth more than moving up 6-7 spots to the Jets pick ... so, 1.31 or 1.32 & TJones to the Giants for 1.20 may be closer to right ... imo.

Just a question to those who were bagging on Thomas Jones when he was in ARI and his first little while in CHI ...

Now that Edge has shown the world how lousy the run blocking is in ARI, and how well TJones has performed in CHI ... does TJones get any sort of a "pass" for his lack of production in the desert?

Just a question to those who were bagging on Thomas Jones when he was in ARI and his first little while in CHI ...

Now that Edge has shown the world how lousy the run blocking is in ARI, and how well TJones has performed in CHI ... does TJones get any sort of a "pass" for his lack of production in the desert?

I dont think so.. And here's why. In Thomas Jones last year with the Cardinals (2002), he ran for 511yrds and 2 TDs. In 2001 he ran for 380yrds and 5 TDs.

This year (obviously) Edge's first year with the Cardinals he ran for 1159yrds and 6 TDs.

The o-line has always been pitiful. Although this year the Cards had a passing threat/game to open up the run game just a little. Although, IMO, I think that E James and T Jones are not even in the same class..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Yes. Jones has played very well in a CHI offense that struggled to pass the ball effectively in '04 and '05.

Rex never throws to his TEs anyway.

And when he does, he misses them by a country mile when they're wide open in the EZ.

Probably shouldn't have said that, seeing as how I'm rooting for Rex and the Bears this weekend.

Just kidding, Rex. :D

Drafted Benson in a dynasty and have waited this whole year for this. :D

You waited one year for talk about Benson being da man? The waiting list goes a lot longer.

IMO, I really dont see the Giants trading Shockey for an above average (at best) RB. If anything, they'll try to get M Turner over T Jones.

Well, T. Jones ran for 1300+ last year and 1200+ this year with Benson nipping at his heals. He is a known commodity that will get you some behind a decent line. I think he has made a case for being at least above average. The market dictates that he doesn't have Hugh trade value. He may be best served as a RBBC on Da Bears.

M Turner over Jones...maybe? For every Lamont Jordan and Chester Taylor, who haven't exactly set the NFL world on fire, we still have the Chris Perrys and Maurice Morris.

I still think he would be a perfect fit in Denver. Maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick for T. Jones. Remember, last year Denver gave up a 2nd for Javon Walker. So they are willing to trade for vets, just not 1st round picks. Then Denver can trade T. Bell to the Giants in an effort to replace said 3rd or 4th round pick. (Okay, maybe 4th or 5th rounder)

I'd go after Coles if I were Angelo. Muhammad isn't that good anymore and the Jets would probably be OK with Cotchery and McCareins (alternatively, a Coles-for-Muhammad swap might work). I doubt that Mangini would want to give up Vilma. Shockey is always injured, his mouth is a distraction at times, and Rex never throws to his TEs anyway.

Clark went 45-626 and six touchdowns...