[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who The Bears will not forget this weekend.

Pope Flick

I've always thought that was one of the biggest slights in the history of the NFL ... when Payton didn't get to score a TD in the SB.

And Ditka has apologized more times than I can count for that! But Walter never really took Mike to task for it! Hear that TO? Classiest Guy to ever play the game!

Thanks, Pope! It brought a tear to my eye and a chill down the spine! Well worth it! :D

I've always thought that was one of the biggest slights in the history of the NFL ... when Payton didn't get to score a TD in the SB.

I've seen an interview where Payton admits he was pissed at first, then realized he was being small about it and any "air" was cleared between him and Ditka within a short amount of time.

with all due apologies to mr. brown, mr. sanders, and mr. smith, the best that ever lived. if you wanted a pinball machine, you had walter to bounce it around in there. if you wanted a 2 yard t.d., wally would fly through the air. was walter not the best stiff-armer of all time??? i've never seen anyone else nearly as good. what i loved about him, was seeing the legs go one direction and his upperbody go another leaving defenders in his wake. we'll never see another wally. i'm picturing him and the big guy, side by side this sunday, soaking it all in and WILLING the bears to a victory.

with all due apologies to mr. brown, mr. sanders, and mr. smith, the best that ever lived. if you wanted a pinball machine, you had walter to bounce it around in there. if you wanted a 2 yard t.d., wally would fly through the air. was walter not the best stiff-armer of all time??? i've never seen anyone else nearly as good. what i loved about him, was seeing the legs go one direction and his upperbody go another leaving defenders in his wake. we'll never see another wally. i'm picturing him and the big guy, side by side this sunday, soaking it all in and WILLING the bears to a victory.

Just don't keep calling him "wally".

I grew up in Northwest Indiana and hence a Bears fan back in the day, and got to watch most of Walter Payton's career.

I can't remember what it was for, but I won some award when I was a junior in HS and actually got to sit at a table with him at some luncheon in downtown Chicago. This was back in 1985, the spring before the season when the Bears won the SB. It was one of the best experiences in my life, and still have his autographed picture.

He was truly a very classy man! :D:D:bash:

But he won a SB, now it's time for the Colt's!!!

I grew up in Northwest Indiana and hence a Bears fan back in the day, and got to watch most of Walter Payton's career.

I can't remember what it was for, but I won some award when I was a junior in HS and actually got to sit at a table with him at some luncheon in downtown Chicago. This was back in 1985, the spring before the season when the Bears won the SB. It was one of the best experiences in my life, and still have his autographed picture.

He was truly a very classy man! :D:D:bash:

But he won a SB, now it's time for the Colt's!!!

I envy you! :clap: I'll ignore the last comment! :doh::tup: