[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great Blue North mock 1st round

Bronco Billy

wow...ill give it to you guys..he might not have had the best game....but to say he got poor reviews during the week? i heard nothing but good things about him during the week of practice...he was even coming out early before practice to get one on one and the coaches really were impressed

I'd really like to see the source for your info. Always looking for alternative viewpoints - especially when it goes against what I saw & was supported by sources I trust.

tuesday

As for the offensive linemen, Levi Brown of Penn St. and James Marten of Boston College had quick feet in drills while Dan Mozes of West Virginia and Marshal Yanda of Iowa did not and Brown also moved laterally very well.

wednesday

Along the offensive line Levi Brown of Penn St. is working hard, even coming out before practice started for some one-on-one coaching, and it's paying off because he's gotten better each day.

on thursday...supposeldy victor abiamiri from ND was giving him a tough time...by utilizing his speed...as you noted billy...abiamiri is a nice blend of size and speed...but i also heard brown was burying woodley from michigan who is a pretty talented pass rusher....i think with these massive tackle prospects, they are always going to be a susceptible to a great speed rusher

heres a report on mcneils weaknesses from last year...

McNeil does not play with any real sense of urgency or aggressiveness, which limits his production. He does not fire off the ball on run blocks and is more of a stand, grab and push run blocker. He does not bend his knees, sink hips or block with leverage, which limits his playing strength. He does not punch the defensive end in pass protection, allows the end into his chest and gets driven backward by aggressive pass rushers too easily. He does not stay in his shuffle long enough, crosses over and ends up chasing speed rushers around the corner.

heres a report from a different source on levi brown...

Lacks a mean streak and may not have that killer instinct...Is not overly powerful or aggressive...Is not a great technician...Somewhat inconsistent player who can be dominant at times and a bit lackadaisical at others...Needs to play with better leverage.

the same thing will be said about all of these 330 lb tackle prospects....i think browns stock is still on the up...and the fact that no other tackle prospect impressed probably bodes well for him too

tuesday

As for the offensive linemen, Levi Brown of Penn St. and James Marten of Boston College had quick feet in drills while Dan Mozes of West Virginia and Marshal Yanda of Iowa did not and Brown also moved laterally very well.

wednesday

Along the offensive line Levi Brown of Penn St. is working hard, even coming out before practice started for some one-on-one coaching, and it's paying off because he's gotten better each day.

on thursday...supposeldy victor abiamiri from ND was giving him a tough time...by utilizing his speed...as you noted billy...abiamiri is a nice blend of size and speed...but i also heard brown was burying woodley from michigan who is a pretty talented pass rusher....i think with these massive tackle prospects, they are always going to be a susceptible to a great speed rusher

heres a report on mcneils weaknesses from last year...

McNeil does not play with any real sense of urgency or aggressiveness, which limits his production. He does not fire off the ball on run blocks and is more of a stand, grab and push run blocker. He does not bend his knees, sink hips or block with leverage, which limits his playing strength. He does not punch the defensive end in pass protection, allows the end into his chest and gets driven backward by aggressive pass rushers too easily. He does not stay in his shuffle long enough, crosses over and ends up chasing speed rushers around the corner.

heres a report from a different source on levi brown...

Lacks a mean streak and may not have that killer instinct...Is not overly powerful or aggressive...Is not a great technician...Somewhat inconsistent player who can be dominant at times and a bit lackadaisical at others...Needs to play with better leverage.

the same thing will be said about all of these 330 lb tackle prospects....i think browns stock is still on the up...and the fact that no other tackle prospect impressed probably bodes well for him too

Link, please?

Brown reminds me a lot of Aaron Gibson or George Foster. Great size, great strength, weight fits well on them, but their feet get stuck & they aren't aggressive.

Link, please?

Brown reminds me a lot of Aaron Gibson or George Foster. Great size, great strength, weight fits well on them, but their feet get stuck & they aren't aggressive.

most of the stuff is from nfldraftcountdown.com

ive also read some stuff on other sites...theres alot of em...condraft...footballsfuture....im sure you might find some conflicting opinions

I really can't see MIN taking a RB...Taylor is Childress' guy.

I agree with that, but if Peterson drops, MIN will be hard pressed not to take him there. Peterson will have Taylor on the bench by week 2 of the preseason.

Yep. No way they make that move. They'd trade up or down or do something, keep in mind, the utterly stupid should no longer occur on draft day since Tice is gone.

I think last year's Vikings draft was terrible. Not in the players that they took but in the execution of those picks. But last year they had Fran Foley screwing things up, and this year we'll have Rick Spielman making his draft day debut. I for one do not have much faith in them making the correct moves again this year.

I'm not sure which philosophy Spielman abides by... take the best player available, or draft for need. If he's a best player available kind of guy, then maybe they would take Peterson with their first pick. :D