[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SB Weather Forecast: FRIGGING SHOWERS

BeeR

Sloppy conditions WAY favor the Bears. I knew it was too much to ask.

It's a 50% chance of showers. We aren't exactly talking about a hurricane here.

I've heard from many analysts of the game, that rain favors the passing game, hurts the run game, and the defensive game. Sounds like the Bears fans will be using this as an excuse.

You'd think that by the time either team made it to the superbowl, their offense AND defense would be prepared to handle some rain and still perform well regardless. Edited by cdrudge

It's a 50% chance of showers. We aren't exactly talking about a hurricane here.

You'd think that by the time either team made it to the superbowl, their offense AND defense would be prepared to handle some rain and still perform well regardless.

You'd think, but I'd expect a dome team to be at some type of disadvantage (however slight) by playing on wet natural grass.

Also, I would think it helps the Bears D in the sense that they are good at generating turnovers and slop should aid that.

Indy wins this game regardless of conditions. You think Rex grossman is anymore prepared for the elements than Payton Manning. Besides the wet conditions usually hurt the defender more than the offensive player.

Yeah that's why you hear about all those shoot-outs in the rain. :D

You'd think, but I'd expect a dome team to be at some type of disadvantage (however slight) by playing on wet natural grass.

Also, I would think it helps the Bears D in the sense that they are good at generating turnovers and slop should aid that.

exzachary

Yeah that's why you hear about all those shoot-outs in the rain. :D

The general consensus from coaches and players is moderate precip gives the advantage to the offense. A downpour is a different story. Seahawks played close to a half dozen games this year during moderate rainfalls and there weren't problems with points going up on the board.

you can shut up with the homerism. you have already exposed yourself. :D

Showers mean the rain won't be heavy, 68-70 and NE wind of up to 18.

Peyton's arm is strong enough to handle it. I'd worry about Grossman.

Won't make any difference to either QB. Grossman, BTW, has a cannon for an arm - it's the cannon's directional guidance system that's a bit iffy at times.

Sloppy conditions WAY favor the Bears. I knew it was too much to ask.

Yeah, sloppy conditions will really help Rex Fumble hold onto the ball. :D

Didn't it rain a little during SB 39 (Pats/Eagles)? That didn't seem to affect the game much and the forecast for Miami on Sunday night looks more like showers than rain.

Effects the tailgating more than the game , but since tailgating is not allowed at sb , I think we have probably have a non issue here ...manning will handle the conditions much better than grossman and if bears can't run the ball and run the ball well , I think we have a big wet indy blow out

Edited by isleseeya