[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talk about your beer dispension system

Chief Dick

For me, I have a small fridge in the garage that houses my stock of beer. I have mastered the temperature control on the fridge so the beer is as close to ice as possible without ever crossing that line.

Every beer comes out the same, perfectly cold temperature. As a matter of fact, when I transfer beer from that fridge to the kitchen fridge, it actually warms up.

Here's to beer. :D

For me, I have a small fridge in the garage that houses my stock of beer. I have mastered the temperature control on the fridge so the beer is as close to ice as possible without ever crossing that line.

Every beer comes out the same, perfectly cold temperature. As a matter of fact, when I transfer beer from that fridge to the kitchen fridge, it actually warms up.

Here's to beer. :D

Need I ask? Bottle or can? Nothing better than an ice cold BOTTLE of beer IMO. Glad you mastered it Chief! Now at least I know who's fridge I'll raid if I'm ever in that area. :D

Need I ask? Bottle or can? Nothing better than an ice cold BOTTLE of beer IMO. Glad you mastered it Chief! Now at least I know who's fridge I'll raid if I'm ever in that area. :D

Can. And the only reason is because our local recycling program does not accept glass. Go figure. So I'd rather drink beer from a can and recycle the container.

the problem i have is, some beer really drinks best if it's ACAP (as cold as possible)....but beers with more complex flavors taste totally bland if they're too cold. it's been better since my wife bought me a little 6-bottle cuisinart wine fridge for christmas, which i am keeping at about 58 degrees, and i am stashing some of the better beers in there, while my main beer fridge is nice and cold.

:D

We have a full man fridge out in the garage. Beer in the fridge and Jaeger/Vodka in the freezer.

At hunting camp we put the cases of bier out in the vesitbule of the tent and it get well below zero at night... kinda funny but at the altitude and temp. the bier does not freeze until you open it, it part of it beeocmes a bier slushy but it is nice and cold!! I'll have to pull an Alton Brown and find out why?? :D

We have a full man fridge out in the garage. Beer in the fridge and Jaeger/Vodka in the freezer.

At hunting camp we put the cases of bier out in the vesitbule of the tent and it get well below zero at night... kinda funny but at the altitude and temp. the bier does not freeze until you open it, it part of it beeocmes a bier slushy but it is nice and cold!! I'll have to pull an Alton Brown and find out why?? :D

It doesn't freeze at the normal temp because it is under pressure. It would need to be even colder to freeze in the can or bottle. When you open it, the pressure is released but the liquid is still below the freezing point so it becomes a slushy.

Alton Brown is great :D

FYI, keeping the beer that cold guarantees that you can't taste it. The cold beer "stuns" the taste buds, reducing their ability to capture the correct flavors. This is why you can drink and ice cold Bud but cannot stand it when it warms up about 10 degrees. Just something to think about.

bier super-squishies

Edited by Bier Meister

My beer dispension system involves a complicated process of unzipping my pants, extracting my hugh member and hoping I get most of it in the toilet.

Dangit, beat me to it.

I left my mini-fridge in California, but will be bringing it back with me at the end of February. Haven't decided whether I will put it in my man cave or not. Probably will.