[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deep Dish Pizza

Mojo20

Does anyone have any good recipes for a nice deep dish pizza. Including what type or style of pan that you would use. I have plenty of experience making regular pizzas but would like to branch out into a different style. I would be forever in your debt for some assistance.

PD you seem to be quite well versed in all areas of cooking if you know anything that can help I'd be happy to hear from you.

Edited by Mojo20

from everything i've seen and done, you can just go in with everything all the way.

edit: the dough is not going to be the "thickest" you've seen. it's the layers (and amount) of ingredients and the way the the crust cups the pizza that makes it a "chicago style" pie.

Edited by Bier Meister

I was waching a Pizza show on travel Channel yesterday. New York vs. Chicago. what I found interesting is they were showing them make the Deep Dish at Gino's in Chicago. Something I didn't realize is they put a solid layer of sausage on the bottom. Spread it out evenly over the bottom of the pan (on the dough of course) The idea is to have sausage in every bite. I'm going to try this one...

I was waching a Pizza show on travel Channel yesterday. New York vs. Chicago. what I found interesting is they were showing them make the Deep Dish at Gino's in Chicago. Something I didn't realize is they put a solid layer of sausage on the bottom. Spread it out evenly over the bottom of the pan (on the dough of course) The idea is to have sausage in every bite. I'm going to try this one...

almost did that...decided to just brown it and then spread it out

Gino's - best I've ever had. :D

Yep - I just had Gino's for the first time last weekend in the frozen tundra, err Chicago -

unreal Pizza, can easily say it is the best pizza i have ever had.

The one that I think is on Wells used to be a Planet Hollywood. First time I had it I tohugt I was going back to the Planet Hollywood and it sat there. I had heard of it but never had it. They are famous for the deep dish (which the show on te travel channel said the originators stole from when they worked at Pizzaria Uno) but the thin is actually pretty good too.

I think you can order Ginos online.

They highlighted a third place (Pizzaria Uno, Gino's, and another), I don't rememebr the name, but they will mail it to you frozen. I have it on DVR, I will check that out. I never heard of the place untilt he show. It's a guys name (Lou Something?) that was in with Pizzaria Uno for 20 plus years.