[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deep Dish Pizza

Mojo20

They highlighted a third place (Pizzaria Uno, Gino's, and another), I don't rememebr the name, but they will mail it to you frozen. I have it on DVR, I will check that out. I never heard of the place untilt he show. It's a guys name (Lou Something?) that was in with Pizzaria Uno for 20 plus years.

lou malnati. gil sent me one of those and it was fantastic. i wish i had a few week in chicago just to sample pizza (and the fine dining experiences too).

Have you tried making the pizza with the pattie?

nah, never tried making chicago pizza myself. might be fun to try sometime, but i might be scared to try the sausage patty myself. i mean, you gotta pack it in there raw right? i'd worry about undercooking the sausage, overcooking the crust, etc.

nah, never tried making chicago pizza myself. might be fun to try sometime, but i might be scared to try the sausage patty myself. i mean, you gotta pack it in there raw right? i'd worry about undercooking the sausage, overcooking the crust, etc.

yep... that how it's done. i like the sear on the sausage... so that's why i browned it.....

That's what I was thinking. They showed them putting it in raw. That would worry me too. But I guess something that thick has to cook for a while, right? hsould give it time to cook easily enough.

I think you can order Ginos online.

I think yer right.

They highlighted a third place (Pizzaria Uno, Gino's, and another), I don't rememebr the name, but they will mail it to you frozen. I have it on DVR, I will check that out. I never heard of the place untilt he show. It's a guys name (Lou Something?) that was in with Pizzaria Uno for 20 plus years.

Let me know... I am fiending.

we hit a place in denver today called beniamino's, on ellsworth and broadway, that specializes in chicago pizza. it was pretty good, but it certainly wasn't malnati's or gino's east. it's pretty much the real deal, but there's no cornmeal at all in the crust, and they don't do the patty thing with the sausage. it'll subdue the craving for a little while.

$38 for one f'in pizza??? :D

I LOVE my Chicago pizza but that's wacky. I guess it's not TOO bad considering that covers the shipping too but gawddarn!

I'm probably going to Chicago in April/May to visit my main client, so perhaps I can hold out until then and just stuff my face with it for 3 days straight.

$38 for one f'in pizza??? :D

I LOVE my Chicago pizza but that's wacky. I guess it's not TOO bad considering that covers the shipping too but gawddarn!

I'm probably going to Chicago in April/May to visit my main client, so perhaps I can hold out until then and just stuff my face with it for 3 days straight.

May be your best bet. I'm sure your finding your way around fine but I can tell you some of my favorie places in Austin.

give the recipe i posted a shot.

I don't think I could get anywhere near true Chicago pizza. :D

May be your best bet. I'm sure your finding your way around fine but I can tell you some of my favorie places in Austin.

Home Slice is the best I've had so far.

• 1 year later...
two things i can confirm:

1) gino's east is probably the best chicago pie out there

2) the sausage patty, as opposed to the crumbled sausage, is the way to go.

check that. I think it has to be lou malnati's, with the buttercrust. holy schit, I about wet my pants this was so good. I still love gino's, but malnati's is simply genius. hadn't been able to try one until this week, because my inlaws live in the way south suburbs and malnati's doesn't have any locations down there, but this week even though we were only there a couple days I made a point to make it there for lunch on tuesday -- and boy am I glad I did.

I would imagine they hold up pretty well to shipping. I am going to be finding out. yeah, it's $39 for one pizza....but it's only $75 for FOUR pizzas, shipping included. that's less than 20 bucks per. bargain.

check that. I think it has to be lou malnati's, with the buttercrust. holy schit, I about wet my pants this was so good. I still love gino's, but malnati's is simply genius. hadn't been able to try one until this week, because my inlaws live in the way south suburbs and malnati's doesn't have any locations down there, but this week even though we were only there a couple days I made a point to make it there for lunch on tuesday -- and boy am I glad I did.

I would imagine they hold up pretty well to shipping. I am going to be finding out. yeah, it's $39 for one pizza....but it's only $75 for FOUR pizzas, shipping included. that's less than 20 bucks per. bargain.

if you ever want to go halves on the four.. let me know

That much better than Gino's, huh? :wacko:

Deep dish pizza...............MEH! Met w/ Mike at Gino's. It was good, but I still love Salerno's better! Wished I would have taken him and family there instead! Thick but not Pan. And slab "sahsage" makes me :wacko:! Not to mention the excessive sauce they put on! :blech: Too many FAMILY made pizzas in/near Chi for me to get exited about ANOTHER PAN PIZZA! "Home Run Inn" is excellent! Their frozen is OK, but their fresh is unreal. Thin, with a pastry crust! YUM!

it's not a hugh difference. gino's is great, I would still say it's kind of the prototype chicago deep dish pizza. malnati's is just slightly more delicious to me. both are highly commended.

I will have to try it. :wacko:

I had great deep dish at Giordano's in Chicago

That is another good one. There are many Mom and Pop joints that have fantastic deep dish and stuffed pizza as well.

I remember a place in Schiller Park that had the best pizza I ever ate. No longer there as apparently they had a little side deal going that the feds were none to happy about.