[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Super Bowl commercial thread

dabuffbills

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well that was really a bust as far as commercials go. Cannot really think of one that knocked my socks off, whereas in the past it was usually a few to choose from. It seems every year the quality goes down.

Before the game I kept hearing that the fist pump bud was suppose to be on the quality as what's up. not even close, did not even chuckle.

Individual bottlers kept glass in some markets till 1995. When I was a Coke salesman we HATED them. Why they are still used in commercials is beyond me.

I know that Indiana had the long neck glass bottles for a long time after Michigan switched over to plastic, but I can't remember when I started seeing plastic bottles here.

Best one is Letterman and Oprah.

While funny, that was an "in-house" commercial thus CBS didn't get the 2.6million fee for it. BTW, how many Katie Couric promos did they run? They are tanking so bad that they have to waste the opportunity to get 2.6 million to push that utter disaster of a news decision?

Oh, I like the rock, paper, scissors one the best. Was hoping for Careerbuilder monkeys this year and all we got was the stupid jungle scenes.

Edited by WorstCoachingEver

Certainly possible, but not in Fort Wayne that I have seen lately.

Wait, there is a International shop here in Fort Wayne that sells the Coca-Cola bottles in glass, they are imported from Mexico...

What was this thread about again? :D My apologies for continuing to derail the thread...

Individual bottlers kept glass in some markets till 1995. When I was a Coke salesman we HATED them. Why they are still used in commercials is beyond me.

You can still get glass overseas (or at least you could several years back). Cold Coca-Cola out of a glass bottle = :D

I agree with most of what's been said, the commercials were incredibly disappointing this year. It's pretty sad when a commercial starring the ass clown that is Kevin Federline was probably the best one of the evening.

Edited by Skrappy1

At our party the best commercials we felt were (in no particular order): the BB mouse (although I thought the animation was a little lackluster), Paper/Rock/Scissors (and most of the other A-B commercials), the GM robot, and the Mechanic's Kiss.

By far the absolute worst commercial was for SalesGenie.com. Didn't the dot com bubble burst a few years ago taking commercials like this with it. Suffering succotash! was this commercial about?

Certainly possible, but not in Fort Wayne that I have seen lately.
The only time that you will find glass bottles around the Fort in traditional stores is during the holidays or other special times when Coke puts out commemorative bottles.

I do know that there is a Dr. Pepper plant (IIRC) down in Texas that still uses pure cane sugar as a sweetener and they bottle glass bottles still as well.