[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just saw the Disney ad...

Czarina

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominic Rhodes is going to Disney, huh?

He was my choice for MVP, too.

I actually thought Addai shouldve got it..Or at least split it with Rhodes

Edited by whomper

I actually thought Addai shouldve got it..Or at least split it with Rhodes

Completely agree. And if Manning really was the leader he's proclaimed to be, he'd have made one final handoff on that podium...of the car keys to his two running backs.

Completely agree. And if Manning really was the leader he's proclaimed to be, he'd have made one final handoff on that podium...of the car keys to his two running backs.

And the Manning bashing never ends...

Give the guy a break. He's worked his entire life to get to that point, and I guarentee you, the Colts would not have won that game with out him. He kept the offense together. 10 passes to Addai, that Grossman proved he couldn't throw, a TD to Wayne, some beautiful throws to Marvin; yea the guy didn't have his best game but any other QB in those conditions would have had a much harder time keeping it together.

If Manning was the QB for the Bears and Grossman was the QB for the Colts, the Bears would have won that game. However, if Jones/Benson played for the Colts while Addai/Rhodes played for the Bears, the Colts would have won the game. The difference in the game was Peyton Manning. He was infinitely better than Grossman, not a HUGh accomplishement but still. Manning controlled the game, made all the calls, and squeezed the life out of the Bears while making very few mistakes. There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that Manning deserved the MVP.

manning as choice is fine ...He had a solid game and addai and Rhodes actually hurt each other as they split the stats ...if one of them , got all the work and all the then its a no brainer for MVP

i think its ok the way it worked out

:D This is the correct answer. :D

If Manning was the QB for the Bears and Grossman was the QB for the Colts, the Bears would have won that game. However, if Jones/Benson played for the Colts while Addai/Rhodes played for the Bears, the Colts would have won the game. The difference in the game was Peyton Manning. He was infinitely better than Grossman, not a HUGh accomplishement but still. Manning controlled the game, made all the calls, and squeezed the life out of the Bears while making very few mistakes. There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that Manning deserved the MVP.

I agree with the Manning choice, and I think the explanation above says it all.

And the Manning bashing never ends...

Sad but true.

In a perfect world, the Colts O-line would've shared it. But if you can only give it to one person, Peyton's the guy.

Boy does that make you sound like a complete tool...

Yup. It just proves that you can never win everyone over. After all Manning has done is his career, he adds a superbowl victory and a superbowl MVP, and some people come to the conclusion that he is a selfish teamate with leadership issues. :D

Yup. It just proves that you can never win everyone over. After all Manning has done is his career, he adds a superbowl victory and a superbowl MVP, and some people come to the conclusion that he is a selfish teamate with leadership issues. :D

He is. At least to most of the Pats fans.. (As I have been reading on another message board). Sounds to me like it's just jealousy from 31 other teams and fans there of, that he's not their QB.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I've come to think that Bob Sanders should probably have gotten the MVP. Since when is 'managing the game' worth such a big whoop? Isn't that the baseline of QB behavior? Granted Manning looked like a freaking QB God next to Grossman, but that's not the point. Managing the game is the minimum you should expect from your QB, not the maximum. I believe that any competent QB could have done what he did on Sunday. If you could say that Manning did one thing quite well, what he did do well was stop expecting that HE was the be all end all and he put the ball into the hands of his running backs more. Surely that's worth a car. :D

To me, the difference in the game was the Colts D. They didn't allow the Bears to get any kind of rhythm going with their offense and they caused 5 turnovers in the game (yeah, Rex helped too).

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I've come to think that Bob Sanders should probably have gotten the MVP. Since when is 'managing the game' worth such a big whoop? Isn't that the baseline of QB behavior? Granted Manning looked like a freaking QB God next to Grossman, but that's not the point. Managing the game is the minimum you should expect from your QB, not the maximum. I believe that any competent QB could have done what he did on Sunday. If you could say that Manning did one thing quite well, what he did do well was stop expecting that HE was the be all end all and he put the ball into the hands of his running backs more. Surely that's worth a car. :D

To me, the difference in the game was the Colts D. They didn't allow the Bears to get any kind of rhythm going with their offense and they caused 5 turnovers in the game (yeah, Rex helped too).

in general, i agree.... i think the performance gets bumped up a touch because of the weather and how good the bears d is. i still like addai w/ maybe rhodes as co. seemed early in the game addai was the main contributor with receptions and carries.