[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl Logistics Question

Hugh 0ne

Yea, even though bad weather makes for some exciting moments, I don't like it when the weather has an important role in the outcome of the game. Personally, I'd rather see good plays and good football rather than a sloppy game dominated with turnovers, like last night

No way...in fact I wouldn't mind stadiums like Green Bay get games. They should rotate every stadium in the league. This is football!!!

I tend to agree, though some of the older stadiums just don't hold enough people. I would like to see it where it is rotated between all stadiums that hold more than 70,000 or 75,000 people.

Well, fact of the matter is that currently the Super Bowl is either played in a dome or played in a warm weather city. I think it's done for two reasons: First, to take the weather out of play for the most part. Second, to cater to the fans. I just don't think too many corporate high rollers are going to want to sit outside in Green Bay in February. They even shy away from domes in cold weather cities generally, being that only 2 Super Bowls in the last 25 years have been played in cold weather cities.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I'd like to see Super Bowls played in all types of stadiums and game conditions as long as they don't have an overwhelming impact on the gameplay. By that I mean I don't mind some rain, snow, wind, or cold weather. I don't like it when the weather has such an affect like it did last night. It's almost like the weather acts as a 3rd team both teams must also play against. Adverse weather also makes it miserable for the fans. It would have really sucked to sit out in that rain for 4 or 5 hours yesterday.

Well, fact of the matter is that currently the Super Bowl is either played in a dome or played in a warm weather city. I think it's done for two reasons: First, to take the weather out of play for the most part. Second, to cater to the fans. I just don't think too many corporate high rollers are going to want to sit outside in Green Bay in February. They even shy away from domes in cold weather cities generally, being that only 2 Super Bowls in the last 25 years have been played in cold weather cities.

Is your question:

1) Should the NFL put the SB in a dome in warm weather cities to capitalize on Superbowl revenue?

or

2) For the sake of the game, should the Superbowl be played in a dome?

Answer 1) probably

Answer 2) definitely not