[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can anyone other than a QB or HC be said to be "unable to win the big one"?

muck

IMO, that blame can only be laid on QBs and HCs. Can't stick that on a offensive lineman or a wide receiver very well...

If so, which highly productive active QB holds this now that Manning has his ring?

Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb have to be the two front-runners, don't they?

Edited by muck

IMO, that blame can only be laid on QBs and HCs. Can't stick that on a offensive lineman or a wide receiver very well...

If so, which highly productive active QB holds this now that Manning has his ring?

I think Bill Polian of Buffalo's 4 trips in a row to the SB was suffering under that moniker as well.

Chad Pennington? :D

Seriously, I thinkk it has to be McNabb but agree with the others...he has to prove he can stay healthy first. And until the Bungles can keep their butts out of jail, some day that moniker will belong to Carson Palmer.

i'm really not convinced it's a fair label on a QB or HC either. it's probably most fair on a HC....but then you think about a guy like marv levy, who just seemed to have bad luck.

Or Marty Schottenheimer

eh, i'm not so sure marty isn't the argument in FAVOR of fairly placing the label on a HC. a couple of those losses with cleveland were just rotten luck, and getting beat by a legend at his best....but other big games he's just been flat out-coached, and his teams have a disconcerting tendency to NOT come up big when it counts.

eh, i'm not so sure marty isn't the argument in FAVOR of fairly placing the label on a HC. a couple of those losses with cleveland were just rotten luck, and getting beat by a legend at his best....but other big games he's just been flat out-coached, and his teams have a disconcerting tendency to NOT come up big when it counts.

But the point being that has he not had rotten luck on those frew occasions, he would be a SB winning coach and wouldn't have a rep as a guy that 'couldn't get it done'. Maybe as a guy that forgot...

But the point being that has he not had rotten luck on those frew occasions, he would be a SB winning coach and wouldn't have a rep as a guy that 'couldn't get it done'. Maybe as a guy that forgot...

well, hold on now. marty has never even GOTTEN to the SB. even if he didn't lose to the broncos those 3 times with cleveland, he woulda had to go through the powerhouse 86 giants, the pretty dam good 87 skins, and arguably the greatest team ever in the 89 niners.

well, hold on now. marty has never even GOTTEN to the SB. even if he didn't lose to the broncos those 3 times with cleveland, he woulda had to go through the powerhouse 86 giants, the pretty dam good 87 skins, and arguably the greatest team ever in the 89 niners.

:D

You've got me there...

so I extrapolated a little :D

You can't stick that on any INDIVIDUAL. Championships are won by teams. Period.

Bingo. Doesn't matter how good you are, if you don't have good enough staff on both sides of the ball AND on the sideline, you aren't going to win it all. End of story.