[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apparently the Colts have no Menudo...

alexgaddis

I expected to see an entire page of stuff from Colts fans talking about their victory but it has been relatively quiet...I guess they didn't want the entire huddle rooting against them next year...

I think it has more to do with the Colts won their Super Bowl outright, without the questionable calls, so the Colts fans don't feel the need to beat their chests and try to convince the rest of us how good their team is.

I think it has more to do with the Colts won their Super Bowl outright, without the questionable calls, so the Colts fans don't feel the need to beat their chests and try to convince the rest of us how good their team is.

:D No thanks.

You've made a good point here. This is no arguing what happened yesterday.

Interesting observation.

Probably has to do with the Colts long supposed to be there and not reaching the Super Bowl instead of being a team that just has a year of destiny. I mean no one wants to get into a statistics war trying to prove Manning wasn't really up to the task (other than BroncoBilly).

I expected to see an entire page of stuff from Colts fans talking about their victory but it has been relatively quiet...I guess they didn't want the entire huddle rooting against them next year...

No, we just know how to celebrate without making a hugh deal out of it.

Steelers fans are re-active responding to crybaby Seattle fans. If you had a bunch of Bears fans whining, etc there would be plenty of Colts fans defending themselves.

But instead, Bears fans see close calls (Indy CB heal almost touching the sideline or Harrison barely getting a toe in or a holding penalty on the Bears when they got a key first down deep in Colts territory) as part of the game and move on. They don't call it questionable, they call it a close call. And in this game, every close call did go the Colts way (but that doesn't mean it was the wrong call or that there is a conspiracy against the Bears), but Bears fans man up while Seattle fans still a year later can't stop crying.

Edited by SteelerMurf

Interesting observation.

Probably has to do with the Colts long supposed to be there and not reaching the Super Bowl instead of being a team that just has a year of destiny. I mean no one wants to get into a statistics war trying to prove Manning wasn't really up to the task (other than BroncoBilly).

Well, you are right that the Steelers has an unexpected run at the end of that season, but, it isn't like they were newcomers. They had played in the AFC Championship game 6 out of 12 years heading into this year's game. The year before they were 15-1 and lost to the Pats in the AFC title game (again :D )

The reason last year was so crazy is because of the controversy. Don't get me wrong, I would have boasted, but, things would have never have gotten so out of hand without the officiating wars.

The '06 Colts and the '05 Steelers do share one thing in common: They definitely weren't the best teams in the AFC until the playoffs.

Yep, you've got to get hot at the right time. You know we had another thing in common. There were several other recent years where I thought the Steelers had a much better chance of getting it done, with homefield advangage, etc. , and the year wear it was looking pretty bad at one point in the season, and Steelers fans expectations weren't as high, boom, they finally win the big one. The Colts had a very similar situation unfold.

Well, you are right that the Steelers has an unexpected run at the end of that season, but, it isn't like they were newcomers. They had played in the AFC Championship game 6 out of 12 years heading into this year's game. The year before they were 15-1 and lost to the Pats in the AFC title game (again :D )

The reason last year was so crazy is because of the controversy. Don't get me wrong, I would have boasted, but, things would have never have gotten so out of hand without the officiating wars.

Unfortunately, if the refs hadnt given the game to the Steelers, we wouldnt have had any of the drama of the past 12 months. Its not Steeler fans fault, the refs determined the outcome, of last yrs game. But it was rather funny listening them defend that tainted title.. Though in 20 yrs, few will remember, or care, and the ring will be the only thing that is remembered. Either way, that was last yr. Move on.

BTW, I have to admit, I was happy to see so little of the refs last night, rather than ref gate of last yr.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Steelers fans are re-active responding to crybaby Seattle fans. If you had a bunch of Bears fans whining, etc there would be plenty of Colts fans defending themselves.

But instead, Bears fans see close calls (Indy CB heal almost touching the sideline or Harrison barely getting a toe in or a holding penalty on the Bears when they got a key first down deep in Colts territory) as part of the game and move on. They don't call it questionable, they call it a close call. And in this game, every close call did go the Colts way (but that doesn't mean it was the wrong call or that there is a conspiracy against the Bears), but Bears fans man up while Seattle fans still a year later can't stop crying.

Time to lose the avi.

Last year is Last year. Please don't tell me that you feel the officiating for this years Super Bowl was the same as last years? The officials this year did a terrific job. The Seahawks did not deserve to win the game last year but please don't try to say that the officiating was in any way close. The Bears don't have any reason to "whine" as you claim. The statistics show that they got dominated. Just the opposite of last years Super Bowl. :D

Last year is Last year. Please don't tell me that you feel the officiating for this years Super Bowl was the same as last years? The officials this year did a terrific job. The Seahawks did not deserve to win the game last year but please don't try to say that the officiating was in any way close. The Bears don't have any reason to "whine" as you claim. The statistics show that they got dominated. Just the opposite of last years Super Bowl. :D

Domination? Seattle gained 59 more yards and had 1 more turnover. That is not even relevant by todays NFL standards especially when that 59 yards came in garbage time with a minute left against prevent defense. The time of posession difference was about 6 minutes and when you give up 75 yard TD and a 43 yard TD the time of posession will be lopsided....But not the score :D

Where is this stat domination you speak of from Superbowl XL? 59 yard s and 1 turnover is not dominating. Time of posession is slanted because of the long TDs on the first and second plays of drives. They went 118 yards in a couple dozen seconds instead of at least another 5 minutes that it would have taken on drives that long.

How bout stats that Seattle got the lesser end of (missed FGs, dropped passes, misuse of the last 2 minutes of the half, punts into the endzone for about 20 yard net, less than 30% 3rd down conversions, sacks given up, Steelers outgained Seattle on yard per offensive play, oh yeah and the final score).

There was no Seattle stat domination.

I don't think the Bears have reason to whine, I was just making up a reason that Seattle would have made up if they were playing in that game instead of the Bears.

Edited by SteelerMurf

I love that the fact that the biggest current instigator of the Seahawks-fans-are-whiners bandwagon is Steelermurf, who wasn't even HERE to argue all this back when it actually happened. Yet like some punk who keeps jumping in to take cheap shots after his opponent is down, once again is back for more. Dude, you are a joke.

If you feel the need to relive past Steeler glory, then by all means go back & read all the posts on the subject that you missed from last February when the topic was vital, where all the points you keep bringing up were originally argued, & much better I might add.

The Steelers WERE world champs, now they aren't. This particular dead horse has been flogged beyond all recognition. There is nothing more to see here. Thank you, drive through. :D

Edited by Bonehand

Domination? Seattle gained 59 more yards and had 1 more turnover. That is not even relevant by todays NFL standards especially when that 59 yards came in garbage time with a minute left against prevent defense. The time of posession difference was about 6 minutes and when you give up 75 yard TD and a 43 yard TD the time of posession will be lopsided....But not the score :D

Where is this stat domination you speak of from Superbowl XL? 59 yard s and 1 turnover is not dominating. Time of posession is slanted because of the long TDs on the first and second plays of drives. They went 118 yards in a couple dozen seconds instead of at least another 5 minutes that it would have taken on drives that long.

How bout stats that Seattle got the lesser end of (missed FGs, dropped passes, misuse of the last 2 minutes of the half, punts into the endzone for about 20 yard net, less than 30% 3rd down conversions, sacks given up, Steelers outgained Seattle on yard per offensive play, oh yeah and the final score).

There was no Seattle stat domination.

I don't think the Bears have reason to whine, I was just making up a reason that Seattle would have made up if they were playing in that game instead of the Bears.

Listen schleprock, get over it. This is at least the second thread I've seen today that was started to congratulate the Colts but turned into, yet another, thread about the Steelers Super Bowl. It's over, you won they lost, quit falling for the bait and move on.

Can we now talk about this years Super Bowl?:D

I love that the fact that the biggest current instigator of the Seahawks-fans-are-whiners bandwagon is Steelermurf, who wasn't even HERE to argue all this back when it actually happened. Yet like some punk who keeps jumping in to take cheap shots after his opponent is down, once again is back for more. Dude, you are a joke.

If you feel the need to relive past Steeler glory, then by all means go back & read all the posts on the subject that you missed from last February when the topic was vital, where all the points you keep bringing up were originally argued, & much better I might add.

The Steelers WERE world champs, now they aren't. This particular dead horse has been flogged beyond all recognition. There is nothing more to see here. Thank you, drive through. :D

AMEN!!!!

As a Steeler fan, I agree with this completely. Sorry, smurf, but it's time to let it go. I was still making a couple coments before the SB, but vowed never to bite on the fishing no matter what AFTER this year's SB.

The Colts were very clearly the more dominant team this year. That's why they won. End of story.

No, we just know how to celebrate without making a hugh deal out of it.

+1 No need to rub it in! Pats fans did it to us Colts fans for 3 years. We know how it feels, and there is no need to gloat! We all watched the game, and all know who won.