[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Next Year's Bears QB

Chargerz

So, after watching Grossman's performance in the SB yesterday, several of my buddies started talking about who the Bears QB will be for next year. Granted Griese is already there and Grossman may have a transformation (ala Brees) next year, but some people thought the Bears might go after Plummer and add him to the mix. Anybody think that is possible? Discuss.

Edited by Chargerz

Plummer? No way.

If I were Jerry Angelo, I'd take a look at Garcia. Even in a non-WCO, he's still an upgrade.

That said, I don't foresee Angelo doing anything - partially because he's stubborn and partially because there aren't any McNair-like free agents out there.

Plummer? No way.

If I were Jerry Angelo, I'd take a look at Garcia. Even in a non-WCO, he's still an upgrade.

That said, I don't foresee Angelo doing anything - partially because he's stubborn and partially because there aren't any McNair-like free agents out there.

I think we're stuck with Rex again but there should be an open competition in training camp. If there is, I think Rex sulks and loses his spot.

Plummer? No way.

Bill's right. I have said it so many times, Angelo will go down in flames with Grossman. I hope there is an open competition in training camp as well. I'd like to see what Orton can possibly do.

People still snicker, but give Orton a shot. He won 9 as a rook, starting Week 1, has had another year in the system and with the playbook. Oh yeah, sometimes watching someone else makes mistakes is a good way to learn.

As bad as Grossman can be I have to disagree with you Pope. Orton did not win anything. He just didn't lose those games. HE IS NOT THE ANSWER!

People still snicker, but give Orton a shot. He won 9 as a rook, starting Week 1, has had another year in the system and with the playbook. Oh yeah, sometimes watching someone else makes mistakes is a good way to learn.

Orton has trouble throwing the ball 30 yards downfield. I don't think that he's a legitimate NFL starter.

We had our shot at him this year, we passed, and got Griese. Why would we go after Garcia next year?

Because at this point Garcia ( at the very least based on his track record earlier in his career and what he did this season ) is still an upgrade to any QB Bears have on their roster , imo

We had our shot at him this year, we passed, and got Griese. Why would we go after Garcia next year?

The Bears screwed the pooch on that one. With Garcia at the helm this year (or at very least, yesterday) we may have had a different outcome.

Garcia was horrible with the Browns and Lions. He proved this year, in the right type of system, that he can still get it done. Would he get it done with the Bears? Hard to say, but it'd be a decent upgrade from Grossman and Griese.

Because at this point Garcia ( at the very least based on his track record earlier in his career and what he did this season ) is still an upgrade to any QB Bears have on their roster , imo

Pretty much, yeah.