[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Head Coach

Last Plane Out

Phillips is a good coach IMO, but I question whether or not he has a strong enough personality to put up with TO. I also think he is just sort of a stop-gap choice until one of the bigger names becomes available.

I think he's a better coordinator.

Phillips is a good coach IMO, but I question whether or not he has a strong enough personality to put up with TO. I also think he is just sort of a stop-gap choice until one of the bigger names becomes available.

Wade is a good coach? You might want to refer to Broncos' & Bills' fans about that. Make no mistake, Phillips is a genius DC. He's also genuinely a damn nice guy. As a HC he is execptionally bland/boring and players don't respect him. There's a reason he's been a HC in 4 different places, two where he didn't last more than 3 years (only 2 in DEN) and the other 2 where he was an interim who was sent packing immediately after the season.

On the other hand, he makes for a damn fine Jackie Gleason imitator on the sideline, which is always worth a few laughs. They're going to need some humor in DAL with Wade in charge & TO still on the team.

I just finished listening to the Wade Philips press conference on DallasCowboys.com and I felt like this guy sounded like a complete dope. I hope he does a better job with the team/defense than he did handling the PC.

Edited by irish

I'm feeling a lot better after listening to his press conference.

I just finished listening to the Wade Philips press conference on DallasCowboys.com and I felt like this guy sounded like a complete dope. I hope he does a better job with the team/defense than he did handling the PC.

:D

I'm feeling even better now. :D

I just got the feeling that JJ was already controlling the situation and was going to be pulling all the strings running the show. Wade kept kissing JJ's a$$ during the PC like he was a god. He gave an example of how he felt like a frog that had turned into a King because he used to be a HS coach and now he's the coach of the Cowboys. He just doesn't cound like he has it together, maybe part of it was the southern accent. I wasn't sure if he was trying to make jokes or was just slow to the punch making his points and I'm not sure the reporters present did either. There were some other things that I can remember off the top of my head after watching almost an 1 hr. I just got the feeling that he's going to be a push-over.

What did you think Club?

Edited by irish

Oh and by the way I really can't stand JJ!!! He has alot of Madden-esque type qualities doing a whole lot of babbling but really not saying too much. If you listened to the PC when JJ was asked what he like about Garrett, I'm still not sure exactly what he liked about him and what he was trying to say was positive about him. He said something about using pennies and nickels around the kitchen table discussing football and how he's articulate, blah...blah...blah. Even the reporters seemed to mock him by laughing about how he wasn't being clear with his points.

I think he even attempted the fake crying moment right before introducing Wade?

Edited by irish

I just got the feeling that JJ was already controlling the situation and was going to be pulling all the strings running the show. Wade kept kissing JJ's a$$ during the PC like he was a god. He gave an example of how he felt like a frog that had turned into a King because he used to be a HS coach and now he's the coach of the Cowboys. He just doesn't cound like he has it together, maybe part of it was the southern accent. I wasn't sure if he was trying to make jokes or was just slow to the punch making his points and I'm not sure the reporters present did either. There were some other things that I can remember off the top of my head after watching almost an 1 hr. I just got the feeling that he's going to be a push-over.

What did you think Club?

I watched until Wade was done and Jerry started taking questions. Hard to get a real feel for anything for me in a PC like this one. The Coach is gonna say nice things about the owner no matter who it is because he just gave them a contract for tons of money. That and the fact that idiot reporters ask stupid questions like" who's going to be on your staff, or what positions are you going after in the draft..." The guy was hired a few hours ago. I'm sure he'd like to talk to some prospects for his staff before he announces them to the world.

I thought he was funny at times and I liked the fact that when he was asked how he's gonna handle this guy or that guy he said he does'nt handle people, he works with them. I personally liked the fact that he's humble enough to admit that he feels like the frog that was turned into a king. He started coaching HS in Texas and has returned to Texas as HC of the Dallas freakin' Cowboys.

From what I've read and heard alot of his former players have only good things to say about him....

He also mentioned Ware at least 3 times....he's gonna have Merrimanlike #'s next year....without the juice. :D

I watched until Wade was done and Jerry started taking questions. Hard to get a real feel for anything for me in a PC like this one. The Coach is gonna say nice things about the owner no matter who it is because he just gave them a contract for tons of money. That and the fact that idiot reporters ask stupid questions like" who's going to be on your staff, or what positions are you going after in the draft..." The guy was hired a few hours ago. I'm sure he'd like to talk to some prospects for his staff before he announces them to the world.

I thought he was funny at times and I liked the fact that when he was asked how he's gonna handle this guy or that guy he said he does'nt handle people, he works with them. I personally liked the fact that he's humble enough to admit that he feels like the frog that was turned into a king. He started coaching HS in Texas and has returned to Texas as HC of the Dallas freakin' Cowboys.

From what I've read and heard alot of his former players have only good things to say about him....

He also mentioned Ware at least 3 times....he's gonna have Merrimanlike #'s next year....without the juice. :D

Good points about the generic stuff. I as well thought that Wade seemed like a nice guy I just hope he's not a creampuff. I know newly hired coaches like to kiss a little :D but I preferred Bill's style of being dominant. Bill made the reporters, people around him, etc, keep on their toes cause you never knew what he was going to say or how he'd react. Wade just seems very laid back.

Let's hope he's able to have a Hugh impact on our D (which he should) and that the offense continues to be productive and we'll be a very competitive team.

Edited by irish

I listened to it live on the radio earlier today and I had the same impression. Not to say that means he won't do a good job as head coach but I was pretty unimpressed.