[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben

Shorttynaz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you just lost a lot of credibility in this thread with that comment. his ability to escape tacklers and make plays with his feet could arguably be his best asset. can he run like vick, hell no.. he has a strange elusiveness about him. hes got deceptive speed that probably helps defenders underestimate his ability to escape.

Exactly. There is a difference between a mobile QB and a runnin QB. Roethlisberger is definitely a mobile QB. In fact, it is one of his biggest strengths.

Exactly. There is a difference between a mobile QB and a runnin QB. Roethlisberger is definitely a mobile QB. In fact, it is one of his biggest strengths.

I really wish I didn't feel like bashing everything you say when you are referring to the Steelers, or Roethlisberger for that matter. It's like.. It's like a just get this weird taste in my mouth and a sudden urgency to lash out. I swear I'm trying not to do so on a common basis. So I won't say anything here. I'm done. No thoughts here.

:D

I really wish I didn't feel like bashing everything you say when you are referring to the Steelers, or Roethlisberger for that matter. It's like.. It's like a just get this weird taste in my mouth and a sudden urgency to lash out. I swear I'm trying not to do so on a common basis. So I won't say anything here. I'm done. No thoughts here.

Nah, feel free to say anything you want, just be ready for me to tell you how wrong you are. :D

Listen, I don't feel Ben is an elite QB right now either. Time will tell if he ever will be, but, for saying he has shown no mobility is just incorrect.

Edited by Menudo

Manning, Brady, and Ben....there are no other QB that brings haters to the table as much. Wonder why that is????????

Edited by SteelerMurf

you just lost a lot of credibility in this thread with that comment. his ability to escape tacklers and make plays with his feet could arguably be his best asset. can he run like vick, hell no.. he has a strange elusiveness about him. hes got deceptive speed that probably helps defenders underestimate his ability to escape.

Cool - You guys go ahead count on Ben's "escapability" and elusiveness to get back to the Super Bowl. If that is his best asset, wow.

I still say his best asset is tackling.

Cool - You guys go ahead count on Ben's "escapability" and elusiveness to get back to the Super Bowl. If that is his best asset, wow.

I still say his best asset is tackling.

OK, seriously you can rip Ben for a lot of things but to be critical of him for having a lack of escapability or lack of being elusive when the pocket collapses.....well that it's down right comical.

You don't have to run like Vick and Vince Young to be elusive.

Really, it is quite obviously you have never watched Ben play cause even his biggist critics will say his greatest asset is feeling pressure, avoiding the sack, keeping the play alive by throwing on the run. Ben is not fast but he is elusive. Being elusive means being able to sense pressure and move just enough to avoid a sack, elusive is also the ability to break tackles, elusive is not just flat out speed and quickness.

You are :D

Edited by SteelerMurf

Solid - if you all want to hype up the 6'5 240 lb Slothlisberger's elusiveness - be my guest. Personally, I would rather go with a QB who can make all the throws, and makes quick reads and is accurate.

Reality check - GM's would rather have 15 or so guys as their starting QB - but you all are right, PM, Brady and Manning are mentioned with the same hate for a reason - :D

Solid - if you all want to hype up the 6'5 240 lb Slothlisberger's elusiveness - be my guest. Personally, I would rather go with a QB who can make all the throws, and makes quick reads and is accurate.

Reality check - GM's would rather have 15 or so guys as their starting QB - but you all are right, PM, Brady and Manning are mentioned with the same hate for a reason - :clap:

Wow, didn't realize you were in personal contact with the NFL's GM's. That is impressive. :D:D

Also, congrats on the Slothlisberger thing....... changing people's name into other things is an amazing talent that certain guys on this board posess. It is incredibly witty and I applaud you. :bash:

Edited by Menudo

Manning, Brady, and Ben....there are no other QB that brings haters to the table as much. Wonder why that is????????

Don't forget Vick... Me thinks he brings more haters to that table than anyone with a close second being Big Ben.... While it is a fact that Vick is a bad real life QB, I think the jury is still out on Big Ben... He is by no means elite but he could be in due time...

Wow, didn't realize you were in personal contact with the NFL's GM's. That is impressive. :D:D

Also, congrats on the Slothlisberger thing....... changing people's name into other things is an amazing talent that certain guys on this board posess. It is incredibly witty and I applaud you. :bash:

thanks - props from you always go a long way in my bood - I appreciate it.

Reality check - GM's would rather have 15 or so guys as their starting QB - but you all are right, PM, Brady and Manning are mentioned with the same hate for a reason - :D

Accurate, OK you want accurate, he was #5 in QB rating in 2004 then #3 in QB rating in 2005....

2004 completion percentage #4 in the league

2005 completion percentage #9 in the league

Most fair minded people would give Ben a pass on 2006 because of his head injuries from the crash, his appendix removal week #1 and the concussion he had early in the season...... I'll give Ben the benefit of the doubt also because his 2004 and 2005 seasons proved to be complete opposite of his injury season. Seems like a clear cause and effect to me.

Saying Ben is not accurate, well you are basing that off of one injury filled season and your hater status that keeps you from even able to look at Ben's total body of work before claiming he is an inaccurate passer. And his passes are not little dinks and dunks, he was #1 in the league in 2005 for yards per passing attempt, in 2004 he was #2 in the league in passing yards per attempt. So he had great QB rating, completion percentage and big play ability in his first 2 seasons.....yep, no potential there.

It is no coincidence that the Steelers had a horrible year the year Ben plays bad and in the other 2 years when he played good they went to the AFC Championship game and followed that up with a Superbowl Win. But people for some reason think Ben had nothing to with winning but everything to do with losing...you can't have it both ways.

I don't feel that Ben is an "elite" QB. He is a very adequate QB and can manage the game very well and as shown by his record can lead his team to victories. I personally would rather have a QB with average stats and a great winning % than a QB with inflated stats and a decreased winning %.

Ben did take a step back this past season and it was expected with all that he had gone through in 2006. I expect him to bounce back and have a successful 2007 season. This upcoming season is going to be key for him. He will need to show his critics that he can recover and return to the form that he was in prior to last season.