[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB's who need to get over the hump

Shorttynaz

No one thinks Matt Hasselbeck is a Hall of Fame level QB. He is what he is - and what he is, is VERY GOOD but not "great."

So, Vick, McNair, Culpepper, etc. are HOF QBs? McNabb, maybe. The rest of those guys? Prolly not.

McNair, he only probably has one more year before he has to hang it up and Baltimore has to move on. Baltimore is a very old offensive team.

I agree that McNair only has a year (maybe two). However, Baltimore is not an old team. They have great young WR's in Clayon and Williams. Heap is only 5 years in. Granted, Ogden is about out of juice, but four other lineman have less than four years experience.

And Jamal isn't old, he's just poo.

I'd agre 100% with this - Manning had a "hump" because there was talk about him being the greatest EVER and his resume was missing one very notable piece - playoff success, if not a Super Bowl.

I don't really see anyone else out there at his level.

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but you don't put Brady at Manning's level... or even near it? I'd say that the two are pretty close, with Peyton slightly ahead.

And the talk of Peyton being the "greatest ever" is premature, IMO. I'd say that he's passed Young and Elway at this point but, man, it's going to be tough to pass Marino and Favre. And even if he was fortunate enough to get past those two statistically, would he really be as great in this era as Unitas was in his? I'm not sure about that.

I'd say that he's passed Young and Elway at this point but, man, it's going to be tough to pass Marino and Favre.

Fair points, although Elway's career spanned a longer period of time. To early to tell on Marino and Farve.

And even if he was fortunate enough to get past those two statistically, would he really be as great in this era as Unitas was in his? I'm not sure about that.

Agreed. I don't think anyone here actually watched Unitas live, but what's clear is that this guy changed the landscape of the game during his era.

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but you don't put Brady at Manning's level... or even near it? I'd say that the two are pretty close, with Peyton slightly ahead.

I was referring specifically to Peyton getting the playoff monkey off his back. I don't have the will to endure another Brady/Manning debate at this point in time.

And the talk of Peyton being the "greatest ever" is premature, IMO. I'd say that he's passed Young and Elway at this point but, man, it's going to be tough to pass Marino and Favre. And even if he was fortunate enough to get past those two statistically, would he really be as great in this era as Unitas was in his? I'm not sure about that.

I'm not saying I think Manning is the greatest ever; I'm just pointing out why a Super Bowl win is so important to his legacy in some people's eyes.

Edited by Chavez