[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Curious Cowboy's and Chargers Homers

CarryTheRock

What do Cowboy fans want to see? What do Charger fans think Phillips brings to these questions?

#1. Now that we know who is coming in, and I know it's still too early to tell, what do you think will happen with the Jones/Barber backfield? Continue to split, go to one guy? What would Cowboy fans like to see with the RB spot?

#2. Will TO remain a Cowboy?

I have all three in a Dynasty league and am curious what 2007 brings for them. Thoughts?

T.O. will be a Cowboy and I hope Barber becomes the main RB in Dallas with JJ spelling him.

I am more concerned about the draft. Will Phillips be able to draft well with JJ's kid in a candy store attitude, reaching for that hidden gem in the first round or will they continue the solid character, solid player philosophy that Parcells employed. Because if we draft well this year, it could put us over the top.

Barber and Jones will continue their dynamic duo status until Jones breaks down. I have never seen a guy get up limping so many times in a season. He made it through without missing time but he seemed to be one step from a blowout.

What you have to remember is that Wade came from Buffalo, sort of, along with Big John and AJ Smith.

This GM duo has always been very much of the attitude that “we provide the players, you coach the players we provide you”.

Given that, Wade is used to being out of the picture when it comes to player acquisition. I am sure he will have some input, but he is very easy going and owner/GM friendly. This is the perfect HC for Jones who wants to pretend he is as smart as AJ Smith.

Wade is an excellent coach. He builds team unity, puts good game plans together and will get the maximum out of his players especially on the D side of the ball. He will not meddle, but be involved to some extent in the planning of ST and O, and ensure that an overall game strategy is in place. He will instill the game day philosophy, but I don’t see him having much influence on the offense of his heir apparent! The RB situation will have to be addressed by Garrett.

It will be interesting to see if Wade allows his assistants to talk to the press. Shotty does not allow his coaching staff to talk to the press, PERIOD.

As a Cowboy fan, I would be very concerned that JJ will start to run rampant again. He shared his toy, now wants it back. The big kid that “borrowed it” is gone, so he can be more assertive/selfish when it comes to sharing it again.

Wade will coach what he is given and make no excuses if he is given crap to work with. He believes too much in team unity and loyalty to the individual player to “face” any of them.

Personally, I am devastated to see him go and was hoping that he would eventually become the Chargers head man after Cameron left. He is the perfect style coach for what we have in San Diego right now, a smart and skilled GM providing great football players to the coaching staff. You don’t have that in Dallas!

I am very concerned about the Chargers next year. You don’t lose FOUR important coaches to a staff, both coordinators, and generally flow right into the next season. Martyball may return and I don’t see LT being hurt much, but I see this off-season as starting off very poorly already for the Chargers.

I am very concerned about the Chargers next year. You don’t lose FOUR important coaches to a staff, both coordinators, and generally flow right into the next season. Martyball may return and I don’t see LT being hurt much, but I see this off-season as starting off very poorly already for the Chargers.

:D

Marty's a good coach. BB handled it in NE, and I imagine marty is the type of guy that can hold it together like that. What marty might lack in playoff coaching skill he certianly makes up for in team building.

:D

Living in Dallas I know that everyone holding out judgement about this decision till the season begins. We have a good team here. If things start to go South with Wade then the heat will be on. This isn't a rebuilding season, this is a win now team and Wade will be expected to mold this group into a winning team right off the bat. Lot's of pressure.

They have reported that TO doesn't know if Dallas wants him back. There are two players who's locker names tag have been taken down right now............Drew Bledsoe and TO's. Doesn't know if that means anything but you never know...............

I really like the move from a Cowboy's perspective. The Boy's biggest liability was their defense, in particularly against the pass. We've seen what Phillips can do with a 3-4, and I expect a huge year from Ware. If they can draft or otherwise acquire a very good free safety, and draft or otherwise acquire a decent nickel back that defense should be pretty damned good. Phillips likes to blitz a lot more than Zimmer/Parcells did, so QB's shouldn't have all the time they had to throw the long ball that they have over the past two seasons. I feel confident in Garrett, as he studied under Norv, and Norv is a great OC. People have said that Wade isn't that good of a HC, but if you look at it, each year he has become a HC or a DC, he took a sub-.500 team to the playoffs, and has a winning record overall, and only one losing season as a HC. People point to his Denver teams, but let's be fair, at the time it was by far the youngest team in the league. If it wasn't for the Music City Miracle he would probably still be in Buffalo. I man look at Buffalo, they've only had one season since he left better than Phillips worst season there. I think given the circumstances and timing of Bill's retirement announcement, the hiring of Phillips is probably the best possible outcome we as Cowboy fans could have hoped for.

Edit to add: The other two head coaches that the Cowboys have had that were native Texans each have two Super Bowls wins.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

What do Cowboy fans want to see? What do Charger fans think Phillips brings to these questions?

#1. Now that we know who is coming in, and I know it's still too early to tell, what do you think will happen with the Jones/Barber backfield? Continue to split, go to one guy? What would Cowboy fans like to see with the RB spot?

Not a fan of either team, but look at today's NFL. With the exception of maybe 4 or 5 teams with "elite" RBs, every team out there is now employing a backfield with 2 RB's to get the job done. I dont see anything different next year with the Cowboys. I see Jones still as the starter, but still see him getting quite a few touches taken away by Barber.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Phillips is a class act. I loved it when he came to the Bolts and am sorry he left. The Cowboys will improve on defense. I think that's a given. Wade also will be able to deal well with the strong personalities at Dallas (the owner, T.O.).

Could be a really good year comin' up for the 'boys! :D

Edited by Chargerz

Personally, I am devastated to see him go and was hoping that he would eventually become the Chargers head man after Cameron left. He is the perfect style coach for what we have in San Diego right now, a smart and skilled GM providing great football players to the coaching staff. You don’t have that in Dallas!

I have to disagree with you here. Though JJ is known for reaching, so he can say look what I found, the past for years drafts have been very solid. A lot of that was Parcells but JJ isn't stupid, though his ego makes him look that way sometimes, he learned a lot watching how Parcells evaluates talent and character. Over the past few years Davis is the only Cowboy that has caused any off the field headlines and the drafted players are all in the league starting or very solid for the most part. I see that continuing with Phillips and our scouting department. I hope.........