[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jax RBBC may be growing next year?

HowboutthemCowboys

I know it's early and I know it's CBS but this isn't what you want to hear as a FF owner.....

News: In an upcoming exclusive interview with CBS SportsLine, Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew felt that the running back system currently in place in Jacksonville would expand, not shrink, in 2007. Jones-Drew not only expects to work with Fred Taylor again, but also with RB/FB Greg Jones, who missed all of 2006 with a torn ACL. "None of us are selfish, no one is going to say they want the ball," Jones-Drew said. "Different situations are going to call for different people. With all three of us back, it's going to be tough for teams to stop us. Now everyone is going to want a three-back system because they're going to see we're going to have more rushing yards next year. It's going to be good. I think we'll be all right."

Analysis: Jones-Drew and Taylor combined for over 2,500 total yards from scrimmage in 2006 (Taylor had 1,388, Jones-Drew had 1,377). However, the rookie from UCLA had 15 touchdowns in 16 games -- a number that is sure to slip when Jones returns since he'll take on the short-yardage and goal-line work. Jones-Drew remains a very hot commodity in Fantasy play, but if he's sharing with two other runners, his production will be relatively limited and his touchdowns will drop.

I know it's early and I know it's CBS but this isn't what you want to hear as a FF owner.....

News: In an upcoming exclusive interview with CBS SportsLine, Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew felt that the running back system currently in place in Jacksonville would expand, not shrink, in 2007. Jones-Drew not only expects to work with Fred Taylor again, but also with RB/FB Greg Jones, who missed all of 2006 with a torn ACL. "None of us are selfish, no one is going to say they want the ball," Jones-Drew said. "Different situations are going to call for different people. With all three of us back, it's going to be tough for teams to stop us. Now everyone is going to want a three-back system because they're going to see we're going to have more rushing yards next year. It's going to be good. I think we'll be all right."

Analysis: Jones-Drew and Taylor combined for over 2,500 total yards from scrimmage in 2006 (Taylor had 1,388, Jones-Drew had 1,377). However, the rookie from UCLA had 15 touchdowns in 16 games -- a number that is sure to slip when Jones returns since he'll take on the short-yardage and goal-line work. Jones-Drew remains a very hot commodity in Fantasy play, but if he's sharing with two other runners, his production will be relatively limited and his touchdowns will drop.

:D So much for MJD coming up from my Taxi Squad and taking over for Tiki :D

S it wasn't bad enough when fantasy owners had to worry about 2 good RBs on a team now we're going to start spreading it around between 3 guys?!?!? :D Fantasy Football is gonna drive me to drink!! :D:bash:

Guys, come on, this is silly.

First of all, what the hell has Greg Jones ever done? Answer, not much. The guy is listed as a fullback for a reason.

2nd, why would you give MJD any clout to be making comments like these? We have NO idea who they will draft, we have NO idea who will be the QB, schit, last year toefield was being touted as the great runner after jones went down, AGAIN, THIS IS GREG JONES, not micheal turner we're talking about.

This is not even news, my momma wouldn't even gossip about this. Pure speculative TRASH.

You want news? Jax stomps Tenn TWICE next year.

Fred Taylor gets injured every year and never lets us down!

you must be the superduper fantasy stud huh?

2002 16 starts 1300 yards

2003 16 Starts 1572 tards

2004 14 starts 1224 yards

2005 11 starts 787 yards

2006 15 starts 1146 yards

Yeah, guy should just blow out his knee or something huh?

First of all, what the hell has Greg Jones ever done? Answer, not much. The guy is listed as a fullback for a reason.

2nd, why would you give MJD any clout to be making comments like these? We have NO idea who they will draft, we have NO idea who will be the QB, schit, last year toefield was being touted as the great runner after jones went down, AGAIN, THIS IS GREG JONES, not micheal turner we're talking about.

This is not even news, my momma wouldn't even gossip about this. Pure speculative TRASH.

No more the three headed monster than they have in Chicago with Jones/Benson/Peterson. Not comparing the runners, just saying that Peterson didn't have much of a role but was a decent guy to have riding #3.

Agreed. That's why talk like this was not even in the local papers here in Jax. Pure speculation and then some. H8 has a legit point and I agree completely.

Wouldn't Greg Jones go back to fullback, with a few touches in the red zone?

Bingo!!! Only I don't see him getting much in the red zone touches either. How can you argue with 15 TDs in 16 games for MJD. And to anyone that has even watched Freddie T play in 2006, I think we'd agree that he still has serious moves and still has the potential to break one. Why mess with something that was very successful in 2006.

agreed here too. sounds more like MJD talking the company line than anything.

of the RBBC's that have been successful, none have such a single standout all-round talent like MJD. the kid can really do it all... short yardage, goal-line, receiving, b/n the 20s etc. Del Rio would be doing his team a grave disservice not to get him 25 touches per game this season.