[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alstott returning in '07

Jackass

I was thinking Caddy might have a shot for a decent rebound year. This is not good news though. With Alstott presumably getting most of the goal line touches, looks like the Caddy might have a hard time kicking it into 5th gear again next year - at least in fantasy terms.

Edited by Jackass

I was thinking Caddy might have a shot for a decent rebound year. This is not good news though. With Alstott presumably getting most of the goal line touches, looks like the Caddy might have a hard time kicking it into 5th gear again next year - at least in fantasy terms.

Agreed had a feeling he would stay too. I don't know if the entire offense can improve enough to make Caddy regain his value.

Where'd you hear this?

Edited by broncosn05

5th gear? Regain his value?

Williams had a decent rookie season. As I recall, something like 1/3 of his rushing yards for that year came in the first 3 games. Last year, he was pretty awful.

For every decent game that he has, he has a complete dud.

The guy has stiff written all over him for 2007, with or without Alstott on the team.

I wouldn't base your fantasy expectations for Caddy on if Alstott comes back or not. I would first look at how their O-Line turns out and if they get some more weapons to throw to so the D is not stacked up on the line all the time. Just a thought...

Also, having a QB that either doesnt have a ruptured spleen (Simms) or one that throws one hoppers to the WR's (Gradkowski) will do wonders on your run game.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

ESPN News

I read this in the St Pete times today...

"ALSTOTT UPDATE: Fullback Mike Alstott might be leaning toward returning, but the decision still rests with the team. As much as general manager Bruce Allen dodged the question at the end of the season, Alstott doesn't have a contract. If the Bucs made him a suitable offer, say another $1.5-million, he would have to consider playing again. But Alstott, 33, isn't willing to play for another team. Look for those talks to begin in March. My gut says he will retire."

Alstott only had three TDs on the season and only 60 carries - roughly the same as Artose Pinner did. Michael Pittman is a bigger factor in limiting Carnell Williams. Until that O-line and passing game takes better form nothing much will matter there anyway.

Alstott only had three TDs on the season and only 60 carries - roughly the same as Artose Pinner did. Michael Pittman is a bigger factor in limiting Carnell Williams. Until that O-line and passing game takes better form nothing much will matter there anyway.

True, but that was 3 times as many TD's as Caddy had. I guess I was holding out hope that they would do some things to improve the OL and offense in the offseason. IF they did that and IF caddy had a resurgence, i was thinking maybe a decent season.

Agreed with DMD last week I dealt Caddy because even though Pittman had a smaller role than usual in the offense he did fairly well. The O-Line is terrible. Watching two games with Caddy this year where he was a "complete dud" he wasn't the main problem. In the last two games where Caddy sat out Pittman didn't have much of a problem making decent stats look easy. The QB play is a topic of discussion as well.

Pittman had fewer carries than Alstott.

Really, it was less that Pittman and Alstott were taking away from Caddy than that Caddy (and the entire offense, for that matter) sucked hard.