[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players you'll avoid in '07

darin3

I know the original question says which RB(s) will you avoid. However, I dont care WHERE Randy Moss ends up, I will NEVER draft or trade for him again in the future. I traded for him 2 years ago before he got hurt, and last year he was my 3rd round pick. He looked fantastic in the preseason. NEVER AGAIN!!! :D

I traded Rudi for Addai, who may or may not be in RBBC next season. Outside of him, I stay away from RBBC as well.

It's rather hard to stay away from the RBBC. Just about every team is moving into a 2 RB role. Obviously in most cases, the starter is the better one, but you never know. Look at JAX last year. Taylor was decent and the starter, but Jones-Drew was a stud! I never really looked at the stats cause I didnt have either one, but something tells me that Jones-Drew probably outperfomed Taylor fantasywise.

It's rather hard to stay away from the RBBC. Just about every team is moving into a 2 RB role. Obviously in most cases, the starter is the better one, but you never know. Look at JAX last year. Taylor was decent and the starter, but Jones-Drew was a stud! I never really looked at the stats cause I didnt have either one, but something tells me that Jones-Drew probably outperfomed Taylor fantasywise.

You're right, it is getting much more difficult to stay away from it. Teams are using it a lot more than they were 10 years ago.

But I'd rather have a good RBBC back than a mediocre workhorse back. Rudi Johnson's overall season stats are pretty good, but he absolutely disappeared in some games (especially the four that he played against divisional opponents BAL and PIT) and is never on the field on 3rd down. He's good, but he doesn't have big games very often (especially with Chad, Housh, and Henry at Palmer's disposal and CIN's bad defense). You almost need big games to win championships.

I really liked what I saw from Addai this past season. He has good burst and play-making ability, he's very good in the passing game, and he pass-blocks well (meaning that he'll be on the field when Peyton's in the shotgun). It's possible that they bring back Rhodes as a free agent, but I think that they're more likely to use a third-round draft pick on a change-of-pace back.

As for Jones-Drew, he'll be the guy from here on out. I suspect that Taylor gets cut this summer.

You're right, it is getting much more difficult to stay away from it. Teams are using it a lot more than they were 10 years ago.

But I'd rather have a good RBBC back than a mediocre workhorse back. Rudi Johnson's overall season stats are pretty good, but he absolutely disappeared in some games (especially the four that he played against divisional opponents BAL and PIT) and is never on the field on 3rd down. He's good, but he doesn't have big games very often (especially with Chad, Housh, and Henry at Palmer's disposal and CIN's bad defense). You almost need big games to win championships.

I read somewhere that Cindy is interested in bringing in Rhodes. I know it's early. It's hard for me to say that the Colts wont miss him cause it's really hard to tell how Addai will fit in as the primary RB. And to have possibly a rookie in there as the change of pace back makes me kind of weary. If Addai can stay healthy all year, then it shouldn't be too big of a deal. But it he does get hurt, it's looking like Manning will be attempting to break his own record of TD passes in a season. Oh well.. A lot is going to happen before we get back in to it.

There is no player that I would outright avoid since every player has his "correct draft spot", but there is absolutely no doubt that RB's from HOU, DEN and NE are going to be drafted before where I would take them. Problem with those three teams is that you can never rely on how they will be used, let alone what they will do. Big risk in drafting too early but RBs fly off the shelves and these teams backs will go to some fantasy owner far more optimistic than me.

I will avoid DMD's glamour pick of the year. Ala...Koren Robinson/William Green!!! If it looks like it doesn't belong, yet you pick the player because DMD's rankings say otherwise, you're in trouble. :D

As long as DMD doesn't pimp Cedric Benson again, I'll have faith in his rankings. :D

Well I gambled on D Davis last yr, and it bit me in the ass. Lesson learned on these Rosie O'Donnell.

Man I dodged that one. I tried trading Julius Jones and Marion Barber for D. Davis when it was still all the talk that he would have a huge year with Kub. The owner ignored my proposed trade for a long time and then the injury bit come out...I had yanked it just the week before.

My big one is Shaun Alexander. I have a feeling he'll still be taken somewhere around the top 5 backs. He may get big TD #s again like always, but his yardage numbers will be way too low for a back that high. It is also my opinion that he will sit a few games where he could play with a nagging injury.