[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lavar released by NYG

HowboutthemCowboys

The Giants complete collapse last year let everyone know that this team is a mess. I am shocked that Coughlin is coming back. The players detest him and they basically quit last year. Eli regressed horribly. Barber is now gone. I dont like their prospects going forward.

I'd love it if the Vikings went after Petitgout, and then ask him to take the right side of the line (either that or let Petitgout have the left side and throw McKinney over on the right). Just a pipe dream though I'm sure.

I heard on the radio this morning that Arrington's former teammates used to call him a nickname... something like halftime (couldn't remember exactly what it was) because he would only remember how to execute about half of the plays. :D

Hell, it's too bad they signed Coughlin for another year. I'd take Schotty over his ass any day.

Any chance the Giants go after a LB in the draft like Timmons or Pozluzny and go O-line in FA?

Petitgout may be the most over rated LT in the NFL. There is a reason the Giants cut him, and it wasn't a cap cut either. He's just not very good. Arrington hasn't been a force for 3 or 4 years now, since that first knee injury. He's living purely on rep now. Good moves by the G Men.

Hell, it's too bad they signed Coughlin for another year. I'd take Schotty over his ass any day.

Any chance the Giants go after a LB in the draft like Timmons or Pozluzny and go O-line in FA?

I think the Giants are very strong candidates to take either Timmons or Posluszny in the first & to plug him into the starting lineup immediately. The problem for FF owners is that either is probably going to play the Sam spot. Wilkerson moving into the Will is very intriguing to IDP owners.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'm willing to suffer 1 bad year as a Giants fan then hopefully get Cowher or Schotty.

As far as these moves go I don't mind them at all. Lavar was always hurt, Emmons was a non factor, & Luke when not hurt stunk. Now the Giants have some cap room to get some much needed players.

I'm willing to suffer 1 bad year as a Giants fan then hopefully get Cowher or Schotty.

I'd love to get Cowher next year. Schottenheimer is snakebit though. He usually puts a good product on the field, but he can never get his teams to get it done in the playoffs.

I think they only signed Coughlin to a one year extension so it would give him a sense of security for the upcoming season, but also give them the opportunity to fire him after next season and go after someone like Cowher.

I'd love to get Cowher next year. Schottenheimer is snakebit though. He usually puts a good product on the field, but he can never get his teams to get it done in the playoffs.

I think they only signed Coughlin to a one year extension so it would give him a sense of security for the upcoming season, but also give them the opportunity to fire him after next season and go after someone like Cowher.

Agree. I think Cowher is the target of this organization which is why they kept Coughlin around for another year. At least they seem to be acting with the same class as the previous owners did.