[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cocktail Ideas...

alexgaddis

mojito

rob Roy

martinis

tequila "martini" (100% tequila shaken w/ice)

negroni (a fruity pebble)

I suspect you know about gin & tonic and vodka tonics.

Vodka with a splash of soda is good.

I try to stay away from putting soda pop in a drink.

mojito

rob Roy

martinis

I try to stay away from putting soda pop in a drink.

Yep...and capirhiras (?spelling)

mojito

rob Roy

martinis

yep.

the martinis i order are usually infused vodkas, shaken..with no mixer (ie: absolute kurrant)

edit: sometimes i get a few drops od creme cassis in that one

Edited by Bier Meister

I posted here so I would get responses...if I posted in the food and beverage it would have taken days to get asnwers...

not true.... we try to answer questions promptly in there.... tailgate is more visible, so you have a chance of getting more responses over there.

I'll post some later when I get back on. I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread but if Alex could list what he currently has in his liquor cabinet that would help and what he prefers.

I quickly saw someone mention mojitos, great suggestion but a little tedious if you want to make them correctly.

Word of advice, always have a container of simple syrup made in your fridge.

Bascially 1 part sugar 1 part water. It's the staple for mixed drinks.

If you're new to martinis I suggest a basic dirty martini, that'll cut down on the bite of the vodka/gin but you'll need to like olives.

I'll post some later when I get back on. I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread but if Alex could list what he currently has in his liquor cabinet that would help and what he prefers.

I quickly saw someone mention mojitos, great suggestion but a little tedious if you want to make them correctly.

Word of advice, always have a container of simple syrup made in your fridge.

Bascially 1 part sugar 1 part water. It's the staple for mixed drinks.

If you're new to martinis I suggest a basic dirty martini, that'll cut down on the bite of the vodka/gin but you'll need to like olives.

Yes, start with the dirty martini. Not only is it tasty, but a good steppng stone if you're not sure if you like martinis.

I've been on a caipirhinia (sp?) kick for the last couple of months. Nothing like pure alcohol and sugar.

So here's what I tried tonight...

I LOVE Jack Daniels, but have grown a little tired of the old Jack n' Coke thing. I usually switch it up a bit and go with Jack n' 7up, but it's usually a little sweet and you can't really taste the Jack (which I kinda like).

So tonight I decide to use my bartending prowess (I do have some, punks) and have the bartender at the bar I was at make me a Jack with soda water and splash of 7up. Added a healthy squeeze of fresh lemon. Man, that was awesome. Tasted like a good sweet tea with a kick. May try adding a splash of Coke to the splash of 7up next time to give it the tea coloring and more of the tea taste.

Anyways, for those that are fans of Jack Daniels, this is a solid option. You can taste the Jack but it goes down super-smooth and is very refreshing.