[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Irvin about to be fired?

Def.

Really hope this rumor turns out to be truth. Can't stand this moran.

Irvin Rumor

IRVIN OUT AT ESPN?

Flamboyant receiver turned flamboyant broadcaster Michael Irvin finally got into the Hall of Fame.

And, in the same year, he might finally be out in Bristol.

As Pat Reichart of the New York Post writes: "One industry source believes the decision has already been made, and that some at the network view the outspoken Irvin as a ticking time bomb, ready to explode into a public-relations nightmare."

(Ready to explode? Ready to explode?)

Reichart also says that ESPN would not confirm or deny the report (uh-oh, Mike), and that the network said that it "currently [is] in the process of discussing studio assignments for next season."

Per Reichart, there is speculation that Bill Parcells will return to ESPN for the 2007 season. When word broke that Parcells was in talks to become the next coach of the Cowboys, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli said (as we wrote way back on January 18, 2003) that Parcells should be fired on the spot for not spoon-feeding the scoop to his then-current employer.

So if the Tuna comes back, we doubt that he and Len will be getting together to discuss the latest developments in, you know, man bras.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that this is true. If they want somebody to play "funny, ex-football player", that's fine but it doesn't mean that you hire a complete moron. CBS found a very good one in Shannon Sharpe and I'm sure that there are plenty of others out there with more than two functioning brain cells.

The only downside to firing Irvin is that I'd no longer be able to laugh at his clown suits. The one he wore on Christmas Day was so bad that I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

I hope that this is true. If they want somebody to play "funny, ex-football player", that's fine but it doesn't mean that you hire a complete moron. CBS found a very good one in Shannon Sharpe and I'm sure that there are plenty of others out there with more than two functioning brain cells.

The only downside to firing Irvin is that I'd no longer be able to laugh at his clown suits. The one he wore on Christmas Day was so bad that I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

:D

Are you serious? I can barely understand a single word he says.

This would be too wonderful to be true. Maybe the Sunday Morning crew would be bearable to watch without all the yelling and ego posturing.

With our luck, they'll probably bring in that idiot Sean Salisbury.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

You fishing, Bill? You don't strike me as the type who is content with being shouted at by an ignorant incoherent cretin. Sharpe is a buffoon.

I'm dead serious. I think that Shannon's freaking hilarious and, despite the speech impediment, I enjoy listening to him. He's also one of my all-time faves on the field, so I guess that plays into it as well.

He's also one of my all-time faves on the field, so I guess that plays into it as well.

That part I agree with. I remember in his first or second year (before FF was the booming industry it is today) a reporter asked him about FF, and he responded..."I'm not sure what it is, but I know I should be a high pick." The guy has a great personality but can't enunciate a lick.

Dislike Shannon, f's up too much with highlights, fumbles over his words, etc...

Don't mind Irvin, show would be pretty bland without him, need some entertainment value in there.

Liked Sterling Sharpe when he was on there. Was not real happy when he was booted; at least I think he was booted.

:D

Are you serious? I can barely understand a single word he says.

Really. That's surprising. I understand most of what he says but then I've lived around a lot people who do enunciate differently.

Arrogance and constant lying like Irvins is far more a problem. He makes things up to back up what he says and when busted laughs like it's no big deal.