[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Irvin about to be fired?

Def.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dislike Shannon, f's up too much with highlights, fumbles over his words, etc...

Don't mind Irvin, show would be pretty bland without him, need some entertainment value in there.

Liked Sterling Sharpe when he was on there. Was not real happy when he was booted; at least I think he was booted.

Where is the Ref when you need him.

:D That's 15 yards for being a Noob.....

Actually, look in the dictionary. Moran isn't actually a word.

And I hope it never is, because it's moronic.

:D <------- Under review

After further review..Showing noobness is not a flagable offense under my criteria..Therefore I applaud your flag and the call is upheld

:bash:

I hope he wins....

Why? Because you like sexually aggressive men? It's not like he got canned on his first encounter. He was told to stay away from them and didn't.

Where Reynolds might have a case, if you read and believe deadspin anyways, is that there are others employed by ESPN who partake in the same kind of behavior who have yet to be fired.

Edited by godtomsatan

Why? Because you like sexually aggressive men? It's not like he got canned on his first encounter. He was told to stay away from them and didn't.

Where Reynolds might have a case, if you read and believe deadspin anyways, is that there are others employed by ESPN who partake in the same kind of behavior who have yet to be fired.

What can you say ..He is a chronic hugger

Michael Irvin's performance on the press circuit the day before the Super Bowl after he found out he was elected to the HOF was a career highlight for him. No way he gets fired until something really stupid gets done.

Something stupid getting done has been Irvin's MO for his entire broadcast career.

Bill Parcells Joins ESPN; Michael Irvin on Way Out?

Posted Feb 17th 2007 7:14AM by Michael David Smith

Filed under: Cowboys, NFC East, NFL Media Watch

Although ESPN has not announced it officially, NFL Network is reporting that former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells will join ESPN as an analyst. This will be Parcells' second stint with the Worldwide Leader; he also worked there between leaving the Jets and joining the Cowboys.

I always liked Parcells during his previous tenure on ESPN's pregame show, NFL Countdown. I thought he provided a fairly high level of analysis (just a notch below Ron Jaworski), and I was impressed with how much he seemed to know about individual players. I never for a moment believed he was retired for good because the way he talked about players, you could tell he was studying them with an eye toward coaching them or coaching against them in the future.

But the best thing about this news is it's another piece of evidence that Michael Irvin is on the way out. Although their approaches couldn't be more different, the role Parcells used to play at ESPN is basically the same as the role Irvin plays now. With Parcells on board, Irvin just became even more unnecessary than he already

Really hope this rumor turns out to be truth. Can't stand this moran.

Irvin Rumor

IRVIN OUT AT ESPN?

Flamboyant receiver turned flamboyant broadcaster Michael Irvin finally got into the Hall of Fame.

And, in the same year, he might finally be out in Bristol.

As Pat Reichart of the New York Post writes: "One industry source believes the decision has already been made, and that some at the network view the outspoken Irvin as a ticking time bomb, ready to explode into a public-relations nightmare."

(Ready to explode? Ready to explode?)

Reichart also says that ESPN would not confirm or deny the report (uh-oh, Mike), and that the network said that it "currently [is] in the process of discussing studio assignments for next season."

Per Reichart, there is speculation that Bill Parcells will return to ESPN for the 2007 season. When word broke that Parcells was in talks to become the next coach of the Cowboys, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli said (as we wrote way back on January 18, 2003) that Parcells should be fired on the spot for not spoon-feeding the scoop to his then-current employer.

So if the Tuna comes back, we doubt that he and Len will be getting together to discuss the latest developments in, you know, man bras.

For some reason Richard Pryor comes to mind.

Edited by Front Row

Bill Parcells Joins ESPN; Michael Irvin on Way Out?

Posted Feb 17th 2007 7:14AM by Michael David Smith

Filed under: Cowboys, NFC East, NFL Media Watch

Although ESPN has not announced it officially, NFL Network is reporting that former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells will join ESPN as an analyst. This will be Parcells' second stint with the Worldwide Leader; he also worked there between leaving the Jets and joining the Cowboys.

I always liked Parcells during his previous tenure on ESPN's pregame show, NFL Countdown. I thought he provided a fairly high level of analysis (just a notch below Ron Jaworski), and I was impressed with how much he seemed to know about individual players. I never for a moment believed he was retired for good because the way he talked about players, you could tell he was studying them with an eye toward coaching them or coaching against them in the future.

But the best thing about this news is it's another piece of evidence that Michael Irvin is on the way out. Although their approaches couldn't be more different, the role Parcells used to play at ESPN is basically the same as the role Irvin plays now. With Parcells on board, Irvin just became even more unnecessary than he already

So, is Parcells going to be paired up with Ditka? That would be awesome.

back to the crack pipe for mike

ESPN announced that Michael Irvin, who had been an NFL analyst for ESPN since 2003, is no longer with the network.

ESPN Communications Vice President Josh Krulewitz issued a statement, saying "We thank Michael for his contributions to ESPN and wish him well."

Irvin retired in 2002 after 12 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame during Super Bowl festivities two weeks ago.

May I say that I agree with this analysis of Michael Irvin's firing!!

The guy was a buffoon. From his court jester demeanor to his rather racist remarks about Tony Romo, I am glad he is gone.

AGREED!!

Remember the ding dong the witch is dead scene from Wizard of Oz? Gotta believe that's what Irvin's former employer's hallways were like following this announcement ..