[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick a single football performance you would

whomper

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick a single football performance you would, experience if you could

Just wanted to say the topic reminded me of a very old cartoon (Abner the Baseball) about a day in the life of a baseball. From the baseball's perspective of being hit out of the park by Mickey mantle.

Any performance....I'd love to be able to go in Prof. Peabody's Wayback Machine and attend the epic '91 BYU-San Diego St game.

NFL, I did have the privilege of being at Brett Favre's '95 game where, on a gimpy ankle, he threw 5 tds vs Chicago. I'd LOVE to have been at the '94 playoff game at Lambeau where the Packers D held Barry Sanders to -1 yds rushing.

As for a play, I'd love to see Darrell Green's 52-yd punt return vs the Bears in the '87 divisionals in person. Or seeing Elway march down the field on The Drive in person; Montana's game-winner in the '88 SB would have been pretty kickass to see as well.

. I'd LOVE to have been at the '94 playoff game at Lambeau where the Packers D held Barry Sanders to -1 yds rushing.

I remember watching that game..Awesome performance by the D..Holding Sanders to -1 was incredible.

Baseball-- Kirby Puckett's catch against the wall in the 3rd inning of game six in 91 World Series and the HR in the 11th to send it to game 7.

Football-- Walter Payton breaking Jim Browns single game rushing record by rushing 275 yards against the Vikings on Nov 20, 1977.

Honarable Mention-- Adam Vinatieri's game winning kick in SB 36 against the Rams. He should have been the MVP that game.

Edited by T-Scorp

I'd pick any one of my Philly teams championship moments in the past quarter century....

ok..moving on...

1) Doug Meintxkdfdj catching the last out in the Red Sox WS

2) Vince Young running in the TD in the Rose Bowl

3) John Paxson catching the pass from Jordan and sinking the championship 3 pointer

and last but not least :

4) Tom Brady, looking over at Giselle the next morning and thinking "she may be the 2nd best looking girl I slept with in the last three months"

I'd pick any one of my Philly teams championship moments in the past quarter century....

ok..moving on...

1) Doug Meintxkdfdj catching the last out in the Red Sox WS

2) Vince Young running in the TD in the Rose Bowl

3) John Paxson catching the pass from Jordan and sinking the championship 3 pointer

and last but not least :

4) Tom Brady, looking over at Giselle the next morning and thinking "she may be the 2nd best looking girl I slept with in the last three months"

The question is football performances, moran.

Like Timmy Smith's 204, 2 TDs out of nowhere in Supe XXII.

Baseball - Cal Ripken Jr the day he broke the record AND went yard

Basketball - Any Va Tech player vs. Duke in '05? JJ's return to Blacksburg/VA

Football - TO's 20+ catch day?? This was a hard one

For just One Play - Jim Edmonds full extension catch, Darrell Green catchin' Dorsett up the sideline from the other side of the field??

Great thread! :D ! Alot of sports moments flashin' thru my mind

The Immaculate Reception. Need I say more?

I agree with this one. Although I wouldn't want to be Franco in this play, I would want to be Frenchy Fuqua and be the only one to know if he touched the ball or not.

LT 1 destroying Theisman's leg. (yea, I'm mean, so what )

Marino's last minute fake spike and subsequent TD to Mark Engram to beat the Jets in 94.

Kerry "cocktail" Collins's 5 TD & 381 passing yd. 41-0 playoff dismantling of the Vikings in 2000. I was there , that one was..SWEEET!!

Football-- Walter Payton breaking Jim Browns single game rushing record by rushing 275 yards against the Vikings on Nov 20, 1977.

I was at that game (my first ever at 7 years old) and it was OJ's record he broke that day, not Brown's.

A moment? I'd like to be Payton on this play. I have to imagine that's what it is like to fly. The only question is, does that Bill know Payton's 10 inches from him but 16 above him?

Game? Little Joe Washington single-handedly beating the much much better Patsies on a rainy MNF football game.

Moment? "The Catch" works for me. Or Ameche's plunge to win the title 58. Or Vinatieri's game-winning SB FG. Or any number of Sander's great runs (or games). Or....

Baseball-- Kirby Puckett's catch against the wall in the 3rd inning of game six in 91 World Series and the HR in the 11th to send it to game 7.

:D

and last but not least :

Awesome :D

To be part of the Miracle on Ice would probably be it for me. Although, being Muhamed Ali in some of his greatest fights would be pretty sweet, too.