[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early thoughts on the rapidly approaching NFL Season...

irish

I got this from a very reputable site. :D I know we have a long way to go with FA, draft, trades, players being waived later and then claimed, etc. But I'd love to hear how all you homers think your team will compete this year including their record. Either simply just add your thoughts or copy and paste your team's opponents and bold the games you think they'll win and add some thoughts.

TM Opponents (Actual dates of games to be determined)

ARI STL, SF, SEA, ATL, CAR, CLE, PIT, DET, @STL, @SF, @SEA, @NO, @TB, @BAL, @CIN, @WAS

ATL CAR, NO, TB, SF, SEA, HOU, IND, NYG, @CAR, @NO, @TB, @ARZ, @STL, @JAX, @TEN, @MIN

BAL CIN, CLE, PIT, NE, NYJ, ARZ, STL, IND, @CIN, @CLE, @PIT, @BUF, @MIA, @SF, @SEA, @SD

BUF MIA, NE, NYJ, BAL, CIN, DAL, NYG, DEN, @MIA, @NE, @NYJ, @CLE, @PIT, @PHI, @WAS, @JAX

CAR ATL, NO, TB, SF, SEA, HOU, IND, DAL, @ATL, @NO, @TB, @ARZ, @STL, @JAX, @TEN, @GB

CHI DET, GB, MIN, DAL, NYG, DEN, KC, NO, @DET, @GB, @MIN, @PHI, @WAS, @OAK, @SD, @SEA

CIN BAL, CLE, PIT, NE, NYJ, ARZ, STL, TEN, @BAL, @CLE, @PIT, @BUF, @MIA, @SF, @SEA, @KC

CLE BAL, CIN, PIT, BUF, MIA, SF, SEA, HOU, @BAL, @CIN, @PIT, @NE, @NYJ, @ARZ, @STL, @OAK

DAL NYG, PHI, WAS, GB, MIN, NE, NYJ, STL, @NYG, @PHI, @WAS, @CHI, @DET, @BUF, @MIA, @CAR

DEN KC, OAK, SD, JAX, TEN, GB, MIN, PIT, @KC, @OAK, @SD, @HOU, @IND, @CHI, @DET, @BUF

DET CHI, GB, MIN, DAL, NYG, DEN, KC, TB, @CHI, @GB, @MIN, @PHI, @WAS, @OAK, @SD, @ARZ

GB CHI, DET, MIN, PHI, WAS, OAK, SD, CAR, @CHI, @DET, @MIN, @DAL, @NYG, @DEN, @KC, @STL

HOU IND, JAX, TEN, DEN, KC, NO, TB, MIA, @IND, @JAX, @TEN, @OAK, @SD, @ATL, @CAR, @CLE

IND HOU, JAX, TEN, DEN, KC, NO, TB, NE, @HOU, @JAX, @TEN, @OAK, @SD, @ATL, @CAR, @BAL

JAC HOU, IND, TEN, OAK, SD, ATL, CAR, BUF, @HOU, @IND, @TEN, @DEN, @KC, @NO, @TB, @PIT

KC DEN, OAK, SD, JAX, TEN, GB, MIN, CIN, @DEN, @OAK, @SD, @HOU, @IND, @CHI, @DET, @NYJ

MIA BUF, NE, NYJ, BAL, CIN, DAL, NYG, OAK, @BUF, @NE, @NYJ, @CLE, @PIT, @PHI, @WAS, @HOU

MIN CHI, DET, GB, PHI, WAS, OAK, SD, ATL, @CHI, @DET, @GB, @DAL, @NYG, @DEN, @KC, @SF

NE BUF, MIA, NYJ, CLE, PIT, PHI, WAS, SD, @BUF, @MIA, @NYJ, @BAL, @CIN, @DAL, @NYG, @IND

NO ATL, CAR, TB, ARZ, STL, JAX, TEN, PHI, @ATL, @CAR, @TB, @SF, @SEA, @HOU, @IND, @CHI

NYG DAL, PHI, WAS, GB, MIN, NE, NYJ, SF, @DAL, @PHI, @WAS, @CHI, @DET, @BUF, @MIA, @ATL

NYJ BUF, MIA, NE, CLE, PIT, PHI, WAS, KC, @BUF, @MIA, @NE, @BAL, @CIN, @DAL, @NYG, @TEN

OAK DEN, KC, SD, HOU, IND, CHI, DET, CLE, @DEN, @KC, @SD, @JAX, @TEN, @GB, @MIN, @MIA

PHI DAL, NYG, WAS, CHI, DET, BUF, MIA, SEA, @DAL, @NYG, @WAS, @GB, @MIN, @NE, @NYJ, @NO

PIT BAL, CIN, CLE, BUF, MIA, SF, SEA, JAX, @BAL, @CIN, @CLE, @NE, @NYJ, @ARZ, @STL, @DEN

SD DEN, KC, OAK, HOU, IND, CHI, DET, BAL, @DEN, @KC, @OAK, @JAX, @TEN, @GB, @MIN, @NE

SEA ARZ, SF, STL, NO, TB, BAL, CIN, CHI, @ARZ, @SF, @STL, @ATL, @CAR, @CLE, @PIT, @PHI

SF ARZ, STL, SEA, NO, TB, BAL, CIN, MIN, @ARZ, @STL, @SEA, @ATL, @CAR, @CLE, @PIT, @NYG

STL ARZ, SF, SEA, ATL, CAR, CLE, PIT, GB, @ARZ, @SF, @SEA, @NO, @TB, @BAL, @CIN, @DAL

TB ATL, CAR, NO, ARZ, STL, JAX, TEN, WAS, @ATL, @CAR, @NO, @SF, @SEA, @HOU, @IND, @DET

TEN HOU, IND, JAX, OAK, SD, ATL, CAR, NYJ, @HOU, @IND, @JAX, @DEN, @KC, @NO, @TB, @CIN

WAS DAL, NYG, PHI, CHI, DET, BUF, MIA, ARZ, @DAL, @NYG, @PHI, @GB, @MIN, @NE, @NYJ, @TB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of this the other day, and right now, I have no clue what to expect. I'd like Fox to start the best talent at each position, and I'd most likely like the results. New OC, new faces, I'd say no worst than 8-8 but they can do better.

Edited by PantherDave

SEA ARZ, SF, STL, NO, TB, BAL, CIN, CHI, @ARZ, @SF, @STL, @ATL, @CAR, @CLE, @PIT, @PHI

10-6/9-7....Other than the 13-3 year, that's what they've done under Holmgren.

With no 1st Round pick, and only enough cap space to bring back their FA and maybe one other starter quality player, I don't see the Hawks bouncing too far on paper. They were 3-3 vs. the NFC West, 2-2 vs. the NFC North, and 2-2 vs. the AFC West, and 2-0 against the remaining NFC division champs (NYG, TB).

Getting probable tougher division assignments with the NFC South and NFC North mean less room for error.

......I'd love to hear how all you homers think your team will compete this year including their record. Either simply just add your thoughts or copy and paste your team's opponents and bold the games you think they'll win and add some thoughts.

BAL CIN, CLE, PIT, NE, NYJ, ARZ, STL, IND, @CIN, @CLE, @PIT, @BUF, @MIA, @SF, @SEA, @SD

7 or 8 wins at home, 5 or 6 on the road (tough road sched). I'll go w/ 13-3 reg season, 3-0 post-season.

Still some off-season question marks, but most of this year's team should be back and I see upgrades at CB (for Samari Rolle) and RB. McNair is one-year older, but I think he still has at least 1 year left and the young WR's (Clayton and Williams) are only going to get better.

The road schedule is tough and includes three games out west and tough match-ups @ SD, SEA and CIN. I think that SF could be much improved this upcomming year also.

way too soon...no draft, no free agency. This is just silly.

Had to expect this response. :D First of all it's never too early to start discussing football and your dreams for your favorite squad for the upcoming season. Include a vanilla response, thoughts on the team's strenghts and weaknesses now and what can be done to sure up the problem areas, etc. I'm not looking for definitive responses that we'll all be held to and given jail time if we're off on our predictions. This thread was started more or less to just shoot the sh1t about our teams and where we think they're headed, how we feel about their chances of competing and what we'd like to see them do in the off-season to compete. You know? :D

:D

Sure, let's discuss how the team will be before the roster is complete, before their opponent's roster is complete.

You're asking for vanilla responses? :tup:

If you don't like me calling your post, silly, stop making silly posts. :D

I don't mind you calling my post silly or anything else for that matter, really. I just wish you would not immediately want to respond to my post negatively because of past events. I guarantee many other huddlers could've posted this same thread and you'd probably give your best thoughts on the Bears, I believe that's your team. I'm just looking to discuss what people think of their teams as they begin to gameplan for the draft/offseason agenda. I'm not necessarily looking for vanilla responses, I said if that's what someone felt they should respond with, it's fine by me. Just looking to exchange thoughts and every time I post you're looking to rip it apart. If you thought it was a little early just post that and say it's early but I hope this happens... or don't respond at all. No you call it silly and mock certain parts. Can't we all just get along? :doh:

SF ARZ (win), STL (loss), SEA (win), NO (loss), TB (win), BAL (loss), CIN (loss), MIN (win), @ARZ (loss), @STL (loss), @SEA (loss), @ATL (win), @CAR (win), @CLE (win), @PIT (win), @NYG (win)

49ers 2007-08 record: 9-7 (possible playoff spot depending on the Seahawks and Rams finish)

:D

Wow. DEN has a sweet home schedule this year. The road is considerably tougher.

DEN:

KC W

OAK W

SD W

JAX W

TEN W

GB W

MIN W

PIT W

@KC L

@OAK W

@SD L

@HOU W

@IND L

@CHI L

@DET W

@BUF W

That's 12-4. Figure they lose a game that they ought to win & I see a very reachable 11-5 next year. Looks like DEN will be playing Thanksgiving Day in DET. DEN always seems to get a holiday game every year lately.