[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early thoughts on the rapidly approaching NFL Season...

irish

Looks like DEN will be playing Thanksgiving Day in DET. DEN always seems to get a holiday game every year lately.

Per policy, DET has to play a AFC team this year for its Thansgiving game, and the 2 AFC teams they host this year are DEN and KC. If the NFL Network Thansgiving night game is at KC again this year, it would indeed be Denver in the Thansgiving game at Detroit.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PHILLY:

Divided into three groups - division games, non-playoff teams (past season), playoff teams (past season):

DAL 5-1

NYG

WAS

@DAL

@NYG

@WAS

DET 4-1

BUF

MIA

@GB

@MIN

CHI 3-2

SEA

@NE

@NYJ

@NO

Total 12-4

Division record - just matching this years record (which included three straight on the road). Figure we'd slip up in 1 of 5 against "weaker" teams, and the playoff teams we face don't "scare" me, so a winnign record should be attainable.

Obviously, things always change, but definitely a 10 win season would be a minimum expectation and a 1 seed in the NFC is definitely possible.

DALLAS: NYG (win), PHI (win), WAS (win), GB (win), MIN (win), NE (loss), NYJ (win), STL (loss), @NYG (loss), @PHI (loss), @WAS (win), @CHI (loss), @DET (win), @BUF (win), @MIA (win), @CAR (loss).

10-6

We own Carolina, no way we lose that on. I also dont see us losing to STL or Chicago.

DALLAS: NYG (win), PHI (win), WAS (win), GB (win), MIN (win), NE (loss), NYJ (win), STL (win), @NYG (loss), @PHI (loss), @WAS (loss), @CHI (win), @DET (win), @BUF (win), @MIA (win), @CAR (win).

12-4

PHILLY:

Divided into three groups - division games, non-playoff teams (past season), playoff teams (past season):

DAL 5-1

NYG

WAS

@DAL

@NYG

@WAS

DET 4-1

BUF

MIA

@GB

@MIN

CHI 3-2

SEA

@NE

@NYJ

@NO

Total 12-4

Division record - just matching this years record (which included three straight on the road). Figure we'd slip up in 1 of 5 against "weaker" teams, and the playoff teams we face don't "scare" me, so a winnign record should be attainable.

Obviously, things always change, but definitely a 10 win season would be a minimum expectation and a 1 seed in the NFC is definitely possible.

Philly win 12 games, not happening. They lose to Chi, SEA, NE,as well as DAL, and NYG once.

Id say 11-5 is reasonable, and a wildcard to Dallas.

Win, win, win, win, win, win, win loss, win, loss, loss, win, win, win, win

And then they're beaten by NE in the playoffs. :D

Indy has slain the lion, its smooth sailing from here on out vs the Pats. The Pats D got old in a hurry, and thhat secondary is scary bad. Plus this team still doesnt have a #1 or #2 Wideout.

Indy has slain the lion, its smooth sailing from here on out vs the Pats. The Pats D got old in a hurry, and thhat secondary is scary bad. Plus this team still doesnt have a #1 or #2 Wideout.

I wish I could believe that, but I don't. They really struggled against NE in that playoff game. The Pats passing game will get better next year (it got A LOT better over the course of the season) and they'll have Rodney Harrison back.

The Colts are in the same position that the Steelers were a year ago: They stepped up and played extremely well when it counted, but they're not the best team in the league... or even their conference, for that matter. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't foresee a repeat.

Philly win 12 games, not happening. They lose to Chi, SEA, NE,as well as DAL, and NYG once.

Id say 11-5 is reasonable, and a wildcard to Dallas.

Seriously - your quibbling over one win over 6 months out from opening day? If you think they'll win 5, that's one thing to say "no way is 12 happening". When you think 11 is reasonable, for 12 to be not possible seems a bit strange - you never know when someone will bobble a last second field goal hold to give them win 12....

The same secondary that only gave up 10 pass TDs on the season? And that will be getting Eugene Wilson, Rodney Harrison, and Randall Gay back, plus some help in the draft?

:D

Wow. DEN has a sweet home schedule this year. The road is considerably tougher.

That's 12-4. Figure they lose a game that they ought to win & I see a very reachable 11-5 next year. Looks like DEN will be playing Thanksgiving Day in DET. DEN always seems to get a holiday game every year lately.

Is Elway going to work with Cutler as a consultant. I heard that it may happen. Any news in Denver?

Seriously - your quibbling over one win over 6 months out from opening day? If you think they'll win 5, that's one thing to say "no way is 12 happening". When you think 11 is reasonable, for 12 to be not possible seems a bit strange - you never know when someone will bobble a last second field goal hold to give them win 12....

Though I think if everything falls into place 11 wins is attainable, I dont think 10 is going to happen for Philly. Id say 9-7 is about right for the Birds.

The same secondary that only gave up 10 pass TDs on the season? And that will be getting Eugene Wilson, Rodney Harrison, and Randall Gay back, plus some help in the draft?

:D

Rodney Harrison is done. Dude wont be healthy this yr, and is going to be a shell of what he was during the Sb years. BTW, Randall Gay should be on special teams, not playing actual defense.

Though I think if everything falls into place 11 wins is attainable, I dont think 10 is going to happen for Philly. Id say 9-7 is about right for the Birds.

Hell, if you are predicting a winning record, we may go undefeated....your normally good for a 6-10 type prediction

Rodney Harrison is done. Dude wont be healthy this yr, and is going to be a shell of what he was during the Sb years. BTW, Randall Gay should be on special teams, not playing actual defense.

Even if you are right about Harrison, he didn't play much this year either, but they still led the NFL in scoring pass D and were fourth in INTs. Where are you getting that they are 'scary bad'?

Typical Chiefs schedule.....VERY TOUGH!!!!!!!!!

KC:

DEN W

OAK W

SD L

JAX W

TEN L

GB W

MIN W

CIN W

@DEN W

@OAK W

@SD L

@HOU L

@IND L

@CHI W

@DET W

@NYJ L

That puts them at 10-6, which is hoping for the best with the current players they have.

Typical Chiefs schedule.....VERY TOUGH!!!!!!!!!

KC:

DEN W

OAK W

SD L

JAX W

TEN L

GB W

MIN W

CIN W

@DEN W

@OAK W

@SD L

@HOU L

@IND L

@CHI W

@DET W

@NYJ L

That puts them at 10-6, which is hoping for the best with the current players they have.

KC is going to sweep DEN?

Care to explain how that happens?