[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ron Rivera

Shorttynaz

The Bears defense hasn't stopped anyone in a big spot in the past 20 years.

:D Do you practice at looking dumb?

Link

Thanks for the link. Just saw it on the news, but the link was better.

I met Rivera twice. He is very quiet like a shrinking violet, hates attention. That has nothing to do w/ the conversation, but I thought I'd throw that out as a potential "bad interview technique'. :D

It could be that he can't adjust well, doesn't "fit in w/ da boys", whatever.

I was shocked, a little, to see his non-renewal.

There is something negative there, but one game, superbowl or not did not set his fate.

Does Norm Chow qualify?

He sure as heck should.

I wonder what the African-Americans would say if a team brought in Ron Rivera, Norm Chow, and a Jewish guy (can't think of any Jewish co-ordinators out there right now :D ) but no blacks. Probably start :D

I met Rivera twice. He is very quiet like a shrinking violet, hates attention. That has nothing to do w/ the conversation, but I thought I'd throw that out as a potential "bad interview technique'. :D

It could be that he can't adjust well, doesn't "fit in w/ da boys", whatever.

I was shocked, a little, to see his non-renewal.

There is something negative there, but one game, superbowl or not did not set his fate.

Funny, IIRC the players had/have great respect for Rivera and he relates well to them.

But then again, that may not come across well in interviews; many of us know a particular Huddler who is as smart as any on these boards but just doesn't interview well.

I think rivera wanted less cover 2, and more blitz. and there must have been a confilct there with lovie dovie. this is a difference in philosophy.

Rivera had an extremely talented defence, that many times made up for his bad preparation and poor adjustments in the game.

I don't think having Rivera or not is going to make much of a difference. he did not coordinate the suberbowl well, or the Carolina game in the playoff.

Funny, IIRC the players had/have great respect for Rivera and he relates well to them.

But then again, that may not come across well in interviews; many of us know a particular Huddler who is as smart as any on these boards but just doesn't interview well.

Can you narrow that down a little??? :D

Chavez,

I had a cuz and Aunt over yesterday from Twin Lakes/Genoa, WI. They are both FWB's/Packer fans! But my Aunt gave me knitted coasters in Orange and Blue(Go Bears!). The funny part was the note my Aunt put in the bag. It read "I hope you like these Packard coasters!". :D She's 89yo, so I said nothing. But I guess she makes more Green & Yellow ones for her friends! God I love her! Many great memories.

Edited by rocknrobn26