[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiffin and Russell are in for a tough season...

kpholmes

Right, since the Chargers have had their 3rd consecutive winning season for only the 2nd time since the leagues merged, you can't even bother worrying about the Raiders. :D

If SD and NO were able to turn it around after being medicore-to-bad for so long, the Raiders can do it after a 4 year slump.... i Hope...

Just read my sig :D

Seriously.....so nobody thinks Russell is a C-Pepp clone? I sure do.

The difference is Russell has a cannon for an arm; barely flicks his wrist and the ball is 50 yards down the field.

Another difference is that Russell has the ability to run, yet chooses not to, he will sit in the pocket and try to make a play instead. Cullpepper was run happy.

Right, since the Chargers have had their 3rd consecutive winning season for only the 2nd time since the leagues merged, you can't even bother worrying about the Raiders. :D

If SD and NO were able to turn it around after being medicore-to-bad for so long, the Raiders can do it after a 4 year slump.... i Hope...

The Chargers have SUCKED for a very long time. Right now they don't but, the Raiders do. Tell me if fans of the Bears are going to worry more about their match-ups with the Lions or the Pack!?!? My post said " I DON'T LIKE SAYING THIS" because that rivalry was fun to hate. I don't like saying it and I don't "revel" or enjoy the displeasure of other fans. I know first hand how much it sucks to be fan of a perinially losing team. I like to "hate" the Raiders because of so much shared history. Davis was on the Chargers staff as was Madden. Too many other early ties to list, too many big games, mostly lost by the Chargers to forget!

Given that, I don't see a lot of hope. No QB, no WR and seriously no OL! The terrific Defense will get tired and start giving up points late in games like they did last year from having to face so many 3-n-outs and likely some very short fields and crappy field position. Like I said, I know first hand what it feels like to have to pretend that my team has a chance.

Good luck, I hope it happens for you! It will make the division more fun to watch and my fellow NFL fans will enjoy their seasons more as well! BUT, I don't think it will, not this year, next, or until the Ice Cream Man stops meddling in the franchise!

Just read my sig :D

Your sig is why I don't respond to your posts anymore. Last line to be exact.

The fact that I am able to live in your internet personna, effect you so deeply that you must include me in your identity is one of my greatest cyber victories ever! You must talk about me in your real life to include me so closely in your cyber existence! I am truly flattered. Wherever you go on these boards, every time you see one of your posts, there I am, with you, in your thoughts, in your head.

I actually threw a few things out there thinking I would get a rise out of you before this. Poor fishing technique I guess. Didn't think stating the obvious would get ya so riled up cowboy! :D

OK Mr. Football genius. :doh: Tell me who YOU pencil in this year as the AFC West Champion as you fill in your predictions for next year. My default choice this year for the division is the Bolts. Last year it was the Broncos ( :D nope, didn't choose them, had them as a wild card with Rivers stepping in).

Enjoy your delusion/wishful thinking that Tuner will make this team bad. You are one of the few that do. There were better choices in my opinion, but I don't see that much, though there will be some, in the regular season. They will be good based on talent alone. Truth is brain surgeon, the truth will come out in the regular season, and I for one am not that addicted to my NFL world to know that to be the truth. They could be 6-10 to 10-6, maybe worse, maybe better. That my friend is reality... come join it with the rest of us! :tup:

The topic went way off course.

The Raiders will be better than last year.

Sometimes (this time included), you get addiiton by subtraction. Subtracting that coaching staff was a huge positive.

They needed an upgrade at the OL and OC coaching positions.

Give any QB more than 3 seconds, an NFL play called, and they may wow you.

The Raiders are not as bad as everyone thinks, just like the Titans and Jets weren't last year.

From YouTube :D

Definetly hard to watch... Lets hope Russell can run fast.

Sorry I couldnt watch past a minute of it. The QB was pinata. And the Defense was the stick. And they busted up that pinata every snap.

I feel so sorry for Russell, but that money will buy every doctor he will need.

Seriously.....so nobody thinks Russell is a C-Pepp clone? I sure do.

I definetely do. I don't think they're in for another horrible season like some do. The defense is way too good to remain in the bottom 5. I'm not sure that Russell is NFL ready though as all I've really seen is that he's got a big league arm and some speed.