[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacman is innocent, Again!

spain

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...378/1002/SPORTS

Tuesday, 02/20/07

Pacman says he's not involved in shooting

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

Titans cornerback Pacman Jones was at the scene of a violent crime at a Las Vegas strip club early Monday morning but told his attorney Monday night he was not involved in the shooting.

A Las Vegas police detective was on his way to talk to Jones late Monday night, less than 24 hours after a triple shooting at the Minxx Gentleman's Club off the Las Vegas strip. Jones was in Las Vegas attending the NBA All-Star Game and other festivities.

"I asked him: 'Was anybody in your group involved in the shooting? And he said, "No,'' attorney Worrick Robinson said. "I said, "Then why did you leave? He said, "When there's guns there's always someone else coming with a gun. That's what you do. You get out of there.

"He told me, "Man, I am not a suspect and didn't have anything to do with this.''

Robinson said Jones told him Monday night police were interested in talking to him as a witness.

"He said he is cooperating,'' Robinson said. "He's just a witness who happened to be at the club at the time it happened. He said he's going to answer any questions they might have.''

The Las Vegas Review-Journal, citing unidentified sources, reported Monday night that Jones was being sought for questioning by police, possibly as a suspect. Two men who work at the club and a female patron were shot and two were critically wounded after an incident at the club.

Las Vegas police never identified Jones as a suspect, however. Jones was among a number of celebrities at the club, including rapper Nelly, when the shooting erupted about 5 a.m. at a private event.

"I did hear a lot of things, but until we get facts and until we get factual things to say "This is what happened, these individuals were here, certain individuals were not here, we can't comment on that,'' Officer Jose Montoya told reporters on Monday.

Efforts to reach Titans Coach Jeff Fisher on Monday night were unsuccessful.

Robinson said Jones told him late Monday night that he was in the club with friends for celebrity party when some of the celebrities started throwing money on the stage. At that point, Jones told Robinson the strippers began to fight over the money. Because of the altercation on the stage, Jones told Robinson the manager turned on the lights and told everybody "they had to go.'

"So he said they walked out the back door and when they came out of building two groups of people were yelling at each other and they were walking toward their car,'' Robinson said. "And people started shooting at each other. He said his group ran across the street and everybody left. He said they got in their truck and got out of there. … The main thing is he is not a suspect, he was there.''

Efforts to reach Titans Coach Jeff Fisher on Monday night were unsuccessful.

Jones has been involved in a number of incidents since being drafted in the first round of the 2005 draft by the Titans.

Earlier this month a judge dismissed a case when Jones was accused of spitting on a female in a Nashville nightclub. Afterward, Jones said he'd learned his lesson.

"If I'm going to go out, I'm going to have to be at a little private spot,'' Jones said. "Maybe I'll chill out at a jazz bar or something with some older folks.''

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The race card is being played by his attorney and lots of folks calling in on sports radio in town. They keep my excuses for Pacman. Trouble follows him around like a dark cloud. Not because he is young, rich and black, but because of the situations he puts himself in. He is at a strip club in Vegas at 5:00 am with a bunch of gang bangers and rappers? What good could ever come from being in that situation? He need to drop his posse like a hot rock instead of keeping it real with these leeches...

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...Z5eQX1wv74mY%3D

Wednesday, 02/21/07

Lawyer: Pacman is not a suspect

Titan returns home after Vegas incident

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

The aftermath of a weekend in Las Vegas is ugly: three people shot at a strip club, with one still in critical condition. A combination of celebrities with money and strippers fighting over it started a melee that led to the bloody scene.

It happened Monday at 5 a.m. at Minxx Gentleman's Club off the Vegas strip.

Pacman Jones was in the middle of it all, though on Tuesday his lawyer reiterated that the Titans cornerback is not a suspect.

Jones was among those interviewed by Las Vegas detectives late Monday night, attorney Worrick Robinson said. Given permission to return to Tennessee, Jones was scheduled to arrive in Nashville late Tuesday.

Las Vegas police, still searching for the gunman, are more tight-lipped. Jones has never been mentioned publicly by police, who said a report on the incident may not be available until next week.

Robinson said he spoke twice Tuesday with Las Vegas police, the second time with Sgt. Jon Sott.

"He told me he was really disgusted at the way there were attempts to implicate Pacman," Robinson said. "But they said again he is not a suspect, and they don't see anything changing. He said they have a description but it's not Pacman. … I think this chapter is close to being closed.''

Police confirmed Tuesday that three individuals had been shot outside the club following an incident inside. As patrons were leaving the club, a man shot into the crowd, according to police, and then left the scene.

One victim was shot in the chest and is listed in critical condition, a second victim was shot in the arm and shoulder and is listed in stable condition, and a third victim was shot in the head and is also listed in stable condition. The suspect is described as a black male adult with a braided hairstyle.

"Our detectives are not ruling anything out," officer Jose Montoya said. "I know a lot of people were inside and we are trying to put all the pieces together and see if we can come up with a person of interest or a suspect in this case.''

Asked if Jones had been ruled out as a suspect, Montoya replied: "I can't tell you that.''

Jones was in Las Vegas attending the NBA All-Star Game and other festivities.

At the scene

The club had been rented to the Houston business Harlem Knights, and strippers from all over the country were brought in for a private party.

According to Robinson, Jones was in the club with his stylist, publicist, manager and a friend. Media outlets in Las Vegas reported a number of celebrities were in the club, including rapper Nelly and rapper/producer Jermaine Dupri.

Police said some celebrities started throwing money on the stage and the strippers began to fight over the money. Jones told Robinson that a club employee then turned on the lights and told everyone to leave.

"So he said they walked out the back door and when they came out of the building two groups of people were yelling at each other and they were walking toward their car,'' Robinson said. "And people started shooting at each other. He said his group ran across the street and everybody left. He said they got in their truck and got out of there.''

Montoya said the fact that Jones' name has been mentioned is "irrelevant.''

"The NBA All-Star weekend was here for five days and a lot of people come to Vegas when there is a big event," Montoya said. "And more than likely there will be celebrities and pro athletes and movie stars and people from Hollywood in a lot of these establishments. …

"When we identify a person we will say: This person, at this point, is a person of interest or a suspect in this case or so and so, and that is not the case. That hasn't happened yet.''

No stranger to trouble

Speculation has run rampant on the Internet in the wake of Monday's incident.

One Las Vegas radio station reported on Tuesday that there were bite marks on one of the victims, and that Jones might have been involved in the biting. Robinson laughed at that claim.

Robinson said one of the cornerback's friends was pushed and one of the two females with him was kicked in the side during the melee. Jones, who is still recovering from shoulder surgery, wasn't injured.

"He was a little worried himself because he's got stitches in the front and stitches in the back of his shoulder,'' Robinson said. "He couldn't afford to get into any scraps coming off of surgery.''

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher could not be reached for comment, but The Tennessean learned that he spoke with Jones in the wake of Monday's incident.

Jones has been no stranger to trouble since the Titans selected him with the No. 6 pick of the 2005 draft.

After a judge dismissed a case against him earlier this month, Jones said he had learned his lesson and would try and do a better job of picking his spots to hang out.

"Maybe I'll chill out as a jazz bar or something with some older folks,'' he said.

As for what Jones took out of Monday morning's incident, Robinson said:

"It scared him. Pacman said he was scared and he'll tell you he heard the gunshots and they stepped it up and got out of there. I think this is pretty much behind him now, but yeah, it scared him.''

Wednesday, 02/21/07

Trouble shadows Pacman

Commentary by DAVID CLIMER

Senior Writer

Punxsutawney Jones must've overslept and missed his appointed day by almost three weeks.

Instead of Feb. 2, Puxman waited until Feb. 19 to stick his head outside a Las Vegas strip club, see the bright light of dawn and determine there would be six more weeks of bad publicity.

The slick marketing campaign says what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. But they should add an asterisk:

*Except when shots are fired.

As it is, we now have yet another entry on the lengthy wrong place/wrong time section of Pacman Jones' resume.

According to authorities, Jones was questioned after a shooting at the Minxx Gentlemen's Club off the Las Vegas strip at 5 a.m. on Monday.

Jones had been in Vegas to attend the NBA All-Star Game. He was among a group of celebrities at a private event at the club when shots were fired, leaving three people wounded.

Before this goes any further, let's be clear on one thing: Jones has not been charged. According to his attorney, he interviewed with Las Vegas police and has been told he is not a suspect.

Run for cover

Fine. Now we can get on with the rest of the story as it likely will unfold.

Prediction No. 1: Pacman Jones will continue to cooperate fully with authorities.

Prediction No. 2: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher will discuss the matter with Jones.

Prediction No. 3: Fisher will tell the public that he is disappointed Jones placed himself in yet another dangerous situation, but is satisfied with the player's explanation.

Prediction No. 4: Jones will proclaim himself a media target and refuse interviews for an unspecified period of time — maybe the entire 2007 season.

This is the two-step (or three- or four-step) we dance every so often where Pacman is concerned. He either puts himself in bad situations or bad situations keep seeking him out. Either way, he's a trouble magnet.

Recently, a judge dismissed a case in which Jones was accused of spitting on a woman at a Nashville nightclub. After the hearing, Jones suggested he would adjust his nocturnal habits.

"If I'm going to go out, I'm going to have to be at a little private spot," he said. "Maybe I'll chill out at a jazz bar or something with some older folks."

Waiting, hoping

Not sure about the average age of the patrons at Minxx at 5 a.m. but I kind of doubt Herbie Hancock and Wynton Marsalis CDs were cued up when Cristal and Veronica were on stage.

All of this places the Titans back in the customary on-their-heels stance as it relates to Jones. After two NFL seasons, he has developed into a top-tier cornerback and a game-changing kick returner. During the same period, he has developed into one of the NFL's biggest distractions on a team that cannot afford any lapses of concentration.

So what do the Titans do?

Nothing.

They merely wait and hope that this too shall pass.

And that Puxman Jones stays in his burrow until opening kickoff.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...449/1106/SPORTS

Pacman punches stripper, bites bouncer on film:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/sporting-news-ra...video-12303.php

REPORT: PACMAN JONES SEEN PUNCHING STRIPPER, BITING BOUNCER IN STRIP CLUB SURVEILLANCE VIDEO: Steve Cofield reports on Sporting News Radio today that video cameras inside the Las Vegas strip club Minxx recorded NFL player Pacman Jones "punching a girl (stripper)" and "doing the biting (of bouncer Aaron Cudworth)."

The LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL reports that during a scuffle with Cudworth, Jones had stiches ripped out from recent shoulder surgery.

Cofield reports that after that initial confrontation, Jones bit Cudworth (Las Vegas Police later swabbed Cudworth for evidence of Jones' DNA), threatened to kill him ("I will kill you"), and told his posse "smoke his ass".

Cudworth was later shot by an alleged associate of Jones. As was a security guard (now paralyzed) and female customer.

Cofield reports that after that initial confrontation, Jones bit Cudworth (Las Vegas Police later swabbed Cudworth for evidence of Jones' DNA), threatened to kill him ("I will kill you"), and told his posse "smoke his ass".

Cudworth was later shot by an alleged associate of Jones. As was a security guard (now paralyzed) and female customer.

If this is true, pacman is going away for a long time... and good ridance!

Its getting good now!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...RTS01/702220414

Thursday, 02/22/07

Club owner accuses Pacman

Says Jones was at center of events before shooting

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

Titans cornerback Pacman Jones set off a melee that led to a triple shooting outside a Las Vegas strip club early Monday morning, the club's co-owner said Wednesday, based on accounts he said he had from eyewitnesses.

It's a completely different version of events than the one given by Jones' at-torney, who said his client told Las Ve-gas detectives that he had done nothing wrong and that no one with him had a gun or was involved in the shooting.

Robert Susnar said Jones had been in Minxx Gentleman's Club with the man who later came back and did the shooting. Susnar said Jones had threatened one of the club's security guards after the guard restrained Jones during a fracas involving some of the strippers.

"For Pacman to have the gall to say he doesn't know the shooter is ridiculous," Susnar said. "Not only does he know the shooter, his girlfriend knows the shooter, and everyone who was with him knows the shooter. They came with him and they left with him."

Las Vegas police said Wednesday that they were still searching for the gunman, who fired into a crowd as patrons were leaving the club around 5 a.m. Monday and then left the scene.

Detectives have interviewed Jones, who hasn't been named a suspect or person of interest.

Attorney Worrick Robinson, who represents Jones, said Tuesday that police were convinced Jones wasn't involved in shooting.

"I have stated my understanding of what occurred as it relates to Mr. Jones,'' Robinson said Wednesday. "Now we are going to let the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department continue with their investigation and will continue to cooperate with them in the event they need to speak to Mr. Jones. We are confident the findings of their investigation will be consistent with our findings.''

Susnar said he was not at the club when the incident took place and did not see the shooting. He said he arrived at his conclusion after interviewing employees who worked that night and after watching a video surveillance tape of what transpired inside the club.

Susnar said a camera outside the building, where the shooting took place, had blown a circuit and was not working.

Police said they obtained video and interviewed numerous witnesses.

A security guard shot in the chest and arm was released from a Las Vegas hospital on Tuesday. A female patron shot in the head remains in stable condition. Another security guard shot in the chest remains in critical condition and is going to be paralyzed for life, Susnar said.

"What he got for working hard that night, putting in a good day's work, what he gets for a reward is having one of Pacman's entourage put a bullet in his spine and paralyze him from the waist down,'' Susnar said.

Melee began over money

Jones was in Las Vegas attending the NBA All-Star game and other festivities.

According to Susnar, Jones arrived at the club with several others, including the man whom eyewitnesses later identified as the shooter. Susnar said the melee broke out when Jones began throwing money into the air around strippers.

"The dancers are supposed to dance, but not pick up money,'' Susnar said. "But some of the girls didn't know that, and when one girl tried to pick up the money without Pacman giving her permission," he said, Jones angrily confronted the woman.

When a security guard grabbed Jones, the player's entourage jumped in, Susnar said. A woman with Jones then hit the guard over the head with a champagne bottle and Jones attacked the guard, according to Susnar.

He says threat heard

Jones then "proceeded to track the same girl down,'' Susnar said. He said security staff grabbed Jones again, sparking an expletive-filled threat that he said four people witnessed.

"He was out of his mind,'' Susnar said witnesses told him about Jones. "As (one security guard) held Pacman, Pacman," he said, threatened the guard in an expletive-laced outburst.

"When we get him outside of the club, the guy that was sitting directly next to Pacman the entire time returns with a handgun from his car and shoots (the security guards) in the chest," Susnar said. "Maybe this is just some bizarre coincidence, that some unknown gunman would come back 10-20 minutes after we kicked Pacman out of the club and shoots my guys after (Jones' threats), but I am going to think not."

Robinson would not comment on the accusations made by Susnar.

Susnar said everyone entering the club the night of the incident was screened with a metal detector and patted down.

Owner fears reprisal

Susnar said he was "100 percent" certain that his account of the night was correct.

"People have told me, 'You shouldn't say anything about this. You should let it blow over,' " Susnar said. "And the reason that they're warning me against saying anything is for fear of reprisal from Pacman and his crew. … Am I afraid

that they are going to come back and do something? Absolutely. But am I going to let this thing blow over? Absolutely not.

"I can only hope that somebody within that group — Pacman, his publicist, his girlfriend, one of the people in their entourage — has the decency to stand up and tell the truth."

The Tennessean learned that Jones spoke with Titans officials from his home in Atlanta on Wednesday. The team has yet to comment on the incident.

Thursday, 02/22/07

Help, Bud: Pacman must leave

Commentary by JOE BIDDLE

Staff Writer

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher and others in the organization have tried to reach Pacman Jones.

And failed.

It's time for the big man in Houston to make the call.

If the latest allegations leaking out of Las Vegas prove to be true, owner Bud Adams needs to rid his team, Nashville and the NFL of an embarrassment that has strained all the good work and relationships the Titans have built.

Cut your losses, Bud. Send Jones to the mean streets he craves.

Jones said when drafted that if he ever had to decide between an NFL career and his pals, the NFL would lose.

It's time to make that decision for him.

I'm sick of wasting my time writing about him. People who pay his salary are sick of him. He's had more strikes than a .125 hitter.

What seemed to be another case of Pacman Jones simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time during NBA All-Star weekend in Las Vegas may turn out to be nothing but attorney sweet talk.

Trouble maker

Jones' current attorney, Worrick Robinson, stated that Jones was not a suspect in a case where three people were shot outside a Vegas strip club. Now it appears Jones may have known the gunman.

Robinson is fairly new to the game of defending Jones. He will learn. Where Pacman Jones goes, trouble follows. This is the second incident we know of where shots have been fired when Jones and his Atlanta posse have been present.

Las Vegas police believe the shooter in the incident was part of Jones' entourage. The co-owner of Minxx strip club claims Jones is lying about not being involved.

"(Jones) was sitting right next to (the shooter),'' club co-owner Robert Susnar told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "Those guys came in together and left together.''

According to Susnar, Jones tossed hundreds of $1 bills on the stripper stage. Jones took offense when one stripper started grabbing the money without Jones' permission. Susnar said Jones became agitated, grabbed the stripper's hair and slammed her head against the stage.

Too much smoke

If true, is this the type person you want representing the Tennessee Titans, Bud? How about you, Jeff?

You want this social misfit to turn the Titans into the Tennessee Thugs?

Susnar claimed Jones threatened to kill a club security guard. The club was cleared, then the sound of gunfire erupted near sunrise. Two security guards were hit, one now paralyzed below the waist. A woman was also shot.

Eyewitnesses say an unidentified man with Jones fired the shots.

Jones has wiggled out of legal scrapes dating back to his college days at West Virginia. He was still on probation from beating a man senseless with a pool cue when the Titans drafted him.

If these current allegations bear truth, Bud Adams has no choice. Send Pac packing. It's clear Pacman Jones has made his choice. He's taking thug life over the NFL.

At some point, one of those bullets is going to have his name on it.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../702220416/1107