[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacman is innocent, Again!

spain

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody here knows that I am a HUGH Titan fan. And Pacman has incredible talent. Everytime he touches the ball, be it on a return or int, there is just electricity throughout the crowd. You can palpably feel that something big is about to happen whenever he is near the ball. I may be a little biased but he could be a Deon Sanders type player. He has that kind of speed and athleticism. He is a game changer, a difference maker, a player the other team cant really account for.

That said, I dont think the Titans can keep this thug on the roster. Sure, all of his past was forgoten during the season last year when things were going well. Even the p.i. and the spitting incident in the clubs. But we all knew it was a matter of time before this idiot did something stupid off the field. That is who and what he is. He is Mike Tyson waiting to happen. Incredibly gifted athelete, dumber than rock, and with a penchant for finding trouble. Thug homie with a posse willing to fight, spit, shoot, etc. if they ever get disrespected. Public relations being so important in this league, this punk is an absolute disaster waiting to happen. He is a ticking timebomb and who knows what will set him off? Hopefully, Fisher starts shopping him to a team like the Bengals, Raiders, Ravens, Falcons, or Cowboys, TODAY!!!

Somebody out there will want him. Heck, even TO found a new home last year... :D

TO only hurts QB's feelings by calling them gay...he does not leaves them paralyzed like this thug's posse did. I'd take TO on my team any day as compared to this POS.

oh I have no doubt somebody would take him of Tenn.'s hands, I just hope it ain't Dallas. :D

Not if his thug azz is in jail. hey if they have video(like they say they do) and witnesses saying they heard him make a threat and tie the shooter to him(via video) his azz is not playing football next year, I don't care how talented he is.

Saturday, 02/24/07

GM leaves door open for Jones' exit

Titans try to talk about team, but spotlight on CB

By PAUL KUHARSKY

Staff Writer

INDIANAPOLIS — While the Titans did their best to avoid talking about Pacman Jones at the NFL Scouting Combine on Friday, General Manager Mike Reinfeldt acknowledged that the cornerback's tenure with the team could be coming to an end.

Asked whether there's a chance Jones would not be on the roster this fall, Reinfeldt said: "I would assume there is that potential."

Coach Jeff Fisher and Reinfeldt said the Titans are waiting on information from law enforcement officials in Las Vegas and it's premature for them to speak about Jones' alleged involvement in incidents that led up to the shooting of three people at a strip club.

Jones has not been named as a suspect in the shooting. One of the club's owners said Jones was in the middle of the events leading up to the gunfire and came and left with the shooter.

Fisher typically calls Jones "Pac" or "Pacman," but used "Adam Jones" in every reference Friday.

Clearly frustrated, Fisher said the Titans don't have sufficient information to talk about Jones' situation, and they don't have a timetable for when they will obtain such information. He said he has not yet been in contact with Jones.

Reinfeldt admitted that monitoring the Jones situation has taken up some time the organization would have preferred to use evaluating or interviewing potential draft picks or discussing plans for free agency.

The free agency period begins Friday, and the draft is April

28-29.

Fisher and Reinfeldt said they were conscious of public outcry in Nashville, where many fans are urging the team to concede a mistake and part ways with Jones.

"People are not happy and they are concerned with it," Reinfeldt said. "Our people with the Titans do a pretty good job at having a handle on the community and they get good feedback. So we're concerned with that; we're aware of it."League-wide problem

Player misconduct has been a hot issue at the combine. On Thursday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL Players Association Executive Director Gene Upshaw led a small meeting that addressed the subject but was not exclusively about off-field issues.

Among the things discussed was the potential for a "three-strikes-and-you're-out" policy. Any changes in the NFL's disciplinary procedures would need to be approved by both the league and the union, however.

Also present were Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and Cincinnati Bengals Coach Marvin Lewis. Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was killed in a recent drive-by shooting. The Bengals have the league's longest list of legal issues over the past year or so.

Twelve players, apparently hand-picked by Upshaw and NFLPA President Troy Vincent, also participated. That group included Broncos cornerback Domonique Foxworth, one of Williams' closest friends who will inherit the job, as well as Titans running back LenDale White.

"It was just a player conduct meeting, really, about what the commissioner and the players can do to make the NFL better," White said. "It was people who are going to have their faces on the NFL one day and some who already have a face."

Fisher, who was not part of the Thursday meeting, said off-the-field incidents around the league "are something we need to get control of."

"Player conduct on the field is an issue. Player conduct off the field is an issue," he said. "The league has been addressing it for years and years and years. The clubs address it repeatedly. … I can assure you it's going to be addressed. … We have responsibility to our youth for our players to be role models."

Scouting corners

With the combine in full swing, the Titans preferred to spend time talking about some of their priorities on the field.

Even before the newest round of Jones headlines, the Titans counted cornerback as a position of need. They have selected at least one cornerback in each of the last six drafts. Now they have to have contingency plans in case they choose to cut ties with Jones, their most productive player at the position.

Free agent Nate Clements is expected to draw a record deal. The draft class at cornerback, while perhaps lacking a dynamic player who will be a top-five or top-10 pick, is considered reasonably deep.

"I don't think you can ever have enough cornerbacks in the NFL," Reinfeldt said. "If you look at teams, they have two, three and ideally you'd liked to have five. …

"With Adam Jones, we'll continue to monitor that and it may impact what we do."

"It's important that we have the information and take everything into consideration."

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...RTS01/702240356

Saturday, 02/24/07

Sports analysts say Jones' troubles taint Titans, city

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

Contrary to the catchy marketing slogan, what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas.

Not when you're Pacman Jones. Not when you're at the scene of a shooting where three people are wounded.

And not when your team, the Tennessee Titans, finds itself being criticized locally and nationally.

Jones hasn't been charged or named a suspect since Monday's incident at a Las Vegas strip club, but public relations experts, talk radio hosts, NFL analysts and fans said Friday that the image of the Titans — and to a lesser extent Nashville — was being damaged by the publicity.

"This guy plays for the Tennessee Titans, and that looks bad for them and the entire community,'' said Dan Pinger, president of Dan Pinger Public Relations in Cincinnati, where nine Bengals were arrested in the past year. "People outside the city say, 'Look at Cincinnati, oh my gosh, they have a huge problem.' Well with (Jones), people are thinking there must be a problem there, because things keep happening with this guy and management is not getting on top of it.''

Jones has been questioned, named or arrested in connection with at least eight incidents involving police since the Titans drafted him in 2005, so his image had been under fire."But I don't know that Nashville's image or Tennessee's image has taken that big a hit," said Dave Mahler, host of a radio sports talk show in Seattle. "I hope people are smart enough to see this is a Pacman Jones problem and not a Nashville, Tennessee, problem.''

The strip club's co-owner says Jones sparked the melee inside Minxx Gentleman's Club that led to the shooting outside. Las Vegas police said Friday that the case was still under investigation, while the Titans, the NFL and Jones' attorneys said they were monitoring the situation.

"He is sort of a lightning rod because of some of the things that have happened in the past,'' said Atlanta attorney Manny Arora, who is representing Jones. "He is frustrated by all this, and so am I. But there are things people need to consider, and when the police make their decision, I'll be able to share a lot more facts.''

Some urge Titans to act

During the past two seasons the Titans suspended Jones for a regular-season game and held him out of a pre-season game after off-field incidents.

Pam Lewis, president of PLA Media, a public relations/marketing agency in Nashville, said Jones needed to be held more accountable for his actions. How the Titans react to his latest troubles — no matter what happens — will go a long way in shaping public opinion, she said.

"If he is not brought to accountability I think it reflects badly on the management of the Titans. I think it reflects badly on his team, it reflects badly on his coach and it reflects badly on the whole organization. It gives the appearance of a team out of control,'' Lewis said.

"The Titans have done so much for Nashville. They helped put us on the map, everyone is proud of our team and proud they are here. But this is something we are not proud of, obviously.''

Nationally syndicated sports talk hosts such as Jim Rome, Dan Patrick and Colin Cowherd have spent significant airtime on Jones. He's been slammed all week on Nashville airwaves, where there's a growing cry for accountability by the Titans and NFL.

"This hurts Nashville as a city, and it hurts us as a state, because we are being associated with this,'' said Nashville's Steve Schaffer, 59, a Titans fan. "The ramifications go further than just a bad incident that happened. Everyone can forgive something if it happens once, but there is a trend with this guy, and the trend is to accept this behavior and that is what the Titans are doing. This guy doesn't belong on this team.''

NFL sanctions possible

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher was in a room with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for a competition committee meeting in Indianapolis on Friday, but an NFL spokesman said it was not clear whether they discussed the Jones incident.

After the Bengals' legal issues last season, the NFL suspended linebacker Odell Thurman and wide receiver Chris Henry, who's been arrested four times.

Jones could face similar sanctions or worse from the NFL if he is arrested in the Las Vegas incident. At the least, he will be guilty of again putting himself in a bad situation and displaying questionable judgment.

"Jeff Fisher has to make a decision on how he wants to handle his football team," said ESPN's Joe Theismann, a former NFL quarterback. "At what point does someone's athletic ability become a priority over what you are trying to do for your football team and the image you are trying to project as part of a community?

"Leopards don't change their spots. Pacman Jones had issues in college and he's had issues since he's been with the Tennessee Titans. Does anybody really think that this kid is going to change his lifestyle? You have to take the stance that everyone is innocent until proven guilty … but with Pacman he has just stubbed his toe too many times.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...RTS01/702240337

Everybody here knows that I am a HUGH Titan fan. And Pacman has incredible talent. Everytime he touches the ball, be it on a return or int, there is just electricity throughout the crowd. You can palpably feel that something big is about to happen whenever he is near the ball. I may be a little biased but he could be a Deon Sanders type player. He has that kind of speed and athleticism. He is a game changer, a difference maker, a player the other team cant really account for.

That said, I dont think the Titans can keep this thug on the roster. Sure, all of his past was forgoten during the season last year when things were going well. Even the p.i. and the spitting incident in the clubs. But we all knew it was a matter of time before this idiot did something stupid off the field. That is who and what he is. He is Mike Tyson waiting to happen. Incredibly gifted athelete, dumber than rock, and with a penchant for finding trouble. Thug homie with a posse willing to fight, spit, shoot, etc. if they ever get disrespected. Public relations being so important in this league, this punk is an absolute disaster waiting to happen. He is a ticking timebomb and who knows what will set him off? Hopefully, Fisher starts shopping him to a team like the Bengals, Raiders, Ravens, Falcons, or Cowboys, TODAY!!!

Agree 100%. However, I don't think he will have much trade value, due to his erratic behavior. Teams, if interested, will just wait for the Titans to cut him, and then will try to pick him up at a lower salary.

Agree 100%. However, I don't think he will have much trade value, due to his erratic behavior. Teams, if interested, will just wait for the Titans to cut him, and then will try to pick him up at a lower salary.

Pacman won't last 2 more seasons. He will be dead, maimed or in prison.

No need really as their reputation as the biggest criminal element in the league is well known.

Irvin did drugs and got caught while he was playing.

Lett got caught with hugh amounts of pot after he retired.

Haynesworth ripped a guys helmet off and stomped on his head with his cleats.

Pacman thinks he's a gangsta...he's an obvious menace to society.

:D

And everybody knows that the Bengals are the biggest criminal element in the league. :D