[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATL Looking to Trade Up to #2?

The Next Generation

Got this from another board:

The Atlanta Falcons are quietly taking the temperature of the Detroit Lions in what it would take to move into the #2 pick on draft day. The Falcons new coach Bobby Petrino loves to throw the football and owner Arthur Blank would love to land Georgia Tech star WR Calvin Johnson. It's believed the Falcons could be dangling veteran RB Warrick Dunn a swap of 1st round picks and possibly a 2nd round pick. The Lions could be looking for a veteran RB because the status of Kevin Jones may be up in the air until late into training camp or possibly a few weeks into the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com 2/21/2007

At 6-4, 230+, 4.3 speed, with a great attitude and production at Georgia Tech: Calvin is the best player in the draft.

If the Raiders didnt need a QB so damn bad, I would say this would be the Raiders pick.

If the Raiders somehow unload Randy Moss, and trade for a potential starter at QB (Carr/Schwab?), than Calvin wont be slipping to the second spot.

At 6-4, 230+, 4.3 speed, with a great attitude and production at Georgia Tech: Calvin is the best player in the draft.

If the Raiders didnt need a QB so damn bad, I would say this would be the Raiders pick.

If the Raiders somehow unload Randy Moss, and trade for a potential starter at QB (Carr/Schwab?), than Calvin wont be slipping to the second spot.

I don't know - trade Porter and Moss, pick up some picks, take CJ with the #1 to pair with Whitted. Draft a QB later, (Stanton from MSU?) draft linemen and chuck the rock with Brooks while the kid QB learns for a year.

I have also read the CJ is VERY msart and is already lining up a career that doesn't include football. Some are concerned he might not play for too long as a result.

I don't know - trade/cut Moss, pick up some picks, take CJ with the #1 to pair with Curry and Porter. Draft a QB later, (Stanton from MSU?) draft linemen and chuck the rock with Walter (Brooks will be cut) while the kid QB learns for a year.

Fixed

I wouldn't be phased one bit if Oakland takes CJ instead of Russell.

Last year, it was a world of hurt caused by poor coaching and OL play. I can't see it as bad on offense in any regard.

Stanton can take a hit and run quite well for a QB, but can be indecisive when passing. Has good touch on the ball though.

If I am the Raiders I am trying to trade to #2 or 3, unless one of the receivers is moved. Johnson is a player you cannot pass up, and this is a year that there should be takers that will offer plenty to move up to take him. Unfortunately for the Raiders, WR is the only position on their offense that has any talent. They could use Russell/Peterson and another solid player/pick to go with him more than they could use a WR, no matter how good he may be.

If I am the Raiders I am trying to trade to #2 or 3, unless one of the receivers is moved. Johnson is a player you cannot pass up, and this is a year that there should be takers that will offer plenty to move up to take him. Unfortunately for the Raiders, WR is the only position on their offense that has any talent. They could use Russell/Peterson and another solid player/pick to go with him more than they could use a WR, no matter how good he may be.

Except that their talent at WR has no desire to stick around, and Russell is the most inexplicable #1 possibly ever - ONE good game against a lousy defense in a bowl game and suddenly he's the second coming of Akili Smith IMO.

Edited by Pope Flick