[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacman being Pacman

Randall

LAS VEGAS -- Police seized $81,020 in cash belonging to Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, money they said sparked a melee and a triple shooting at a strip club over the weekend, court documents show.

Jones was showering more than 40 strippers onstage at Minxx Gentlemen's Club & Lounge early Monday with the cash "intended as a visual effect," according to a search warrant. But a scuffle broke out when the Houston promoter who hired the strippers told them to pick the money up.

The promoter, identified as Chris Mitchell, owner of "Harlem Knights," and a male associate took a plastic trash bag containing Jones' money and walked out the front door, the warrant says. Police recovered the money and two Breitling watches inside a safe at Mitchell's hotel room Monday morning.

Mitchell, according to the warrant, "admits that he took the money in the bag belonging to Jones because he thought it was for the dancers."

After Mitchell left the club, "a melee broke out," the warrant says.

"Jones became irate about the loss of his money, and the fact that girls were in a frenzy, picking up the money at their feet," the warrant says.

Later, a woman identified as a member of Jones' group fought with one of the strippers and security tried to break up the fight, it says. Jones told the guards to back off and reached behind his back "as if he were retrieving a weapon there."

Jones' entourage was moved outside, but the woman continued to fight, according to the warrant filed Wednesday in Clark County District Court in Las Vegas.

The woman hit a guard in the head with a champagne bottle and "began biting and screaming" when other guards tried to restrain her, the warrant says.

Minutes later, a valet told police that he heard shots fired near the front entrance and saw a black man with cornrows in his hair pointing a black semi-automatic handgun, it says. The man then fled.

The shots hit a female customer in the head and two security guards, one of whom remained in critical condition and is going to be paralyzed for life, club co-owner Robert Susnar told The Tennessean. Aaron Cudworth, the guard hit with the champagne bottle, and the woman were treated and released.

Police have described the suspected shooter as last seen wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. As of Thursday morning, police said he was still at large.

Jones' lawyer, Worrick Robinson, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Jones, who was in Las Vegas attending NBA All-Star Weekend, did not know anyone involved in the shooting and was interviewed by local authorities as a witness, not as a suspect. Police have not said Jones is a person of interest in the case.

Robinson could not be immediately reached for comment Thursday.

Jones has faced criminal charges three times since the Titans made the former West Virginia University player the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft -- all involving incidents at nightclubs in Tennessee.

The cornerback promised he had seen the inside of a courtroom for the last time Feb. 1, when a judge dismissed an assault charge filed by a woman who claimed Jones spit on her during an October nightclub altercation.

Charges in a confrontation with a club manager during a private party in July 2005 also have been dismissed.

Jones was ordered to stay out of trouble until July 5 if he wants his criminal record cleared of public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges for an August arrest in the Nashville suburb of Murfreesboro.

Robinson has said he didn't think the Las Vegas incident violated the judge's order.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. :D:D

I think Jones should be held accountable... Just as much as the shooter.

1. He was in the entourage of Pac-Man

2. He insited the fight that led to this.

He at the very least should be an accessory to the shooting.

I can't beleive he would start throwing money on a strip club stage, then get pissed when the dancers started to pick up said money.

This guy is Laurence Phillips no.2

I wouldnt mind seeing him out of the league.

"Jones was ordered to stay out of trouble until July 5 if he wants his criminal record cleared of public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges for an August arrest in the Nashville suburb of Murfreesboro.

Robinson has said he didn't think the Las Vegas incident violated the judge's order."

I think if anyone started throwing $80,000 in cash around there's gonna be trouble.

I also see no mention of Jermaine Dupri and Nelly being at the club with Jones. It was reported earlier today on 1310 the Ticket.

or maybe Tha Ticket

They had already left the club when the melee occured...

Something tells me it was the two dudes who picked up the sack of cash and leaving was the real cause. Everyone who's been in a strip joint knows once that cash hits the stage it IS gone - that warrant line doesn't make sense unless it was in the chaos that the bag got swiped. But if two dudes swing by and grab your wallet saying "well we thought all of it was for the girls" who is really in the wrong? No matter the amount?

Something tells me it was the two dudes who picked up the sack of cash and leaving was the real cause. Everyone who's been in a strip joint knows once that cash hits the stage it IS gone - that warrant line doesn't make sense unless it was in the chaos that the bag got swiped. But if two dudes swing by and grab your wallet saying "well we thought all of it was for the girls" who is really in the wrong? No matter the amount?

The amount does matter.

When have you seen a $10,000 tip? Outside of Saudi Arabia that is.

The amount does matter.

When have you seen a $10,000 tip? Outside of Saudi Arabia that is.

So if someone brings in a sack of a large amount of cash it's fair game? What are you saying? Wrong is wrong here and although Pacman wasn't being an altar boy, if he wants to ake 80 large into a strip club that money is his until he gives it away. If someone grabs that cash, they're stealing.

That is the same for ANY amount. It does not matter.

So if someone brings in a sack of a large amount of cash it's fair game? What are you saying? Wrong is wrong here and although Pacman wasn't being an altar boy, if he wants to ake 80 large into a strip club that money is his until he gives it away. If someone grabs that cash, they're stealing.

You're right. It's like the Wild West. Someone does something like that you just start shootin'. Don't call the cops. NOOOOO. Take out your heat and just start blastin' cats.

Makes sense to me. :D

If the shooter was indeed in PacMan's entourage, then this sounds eirily familiar to a certain incident after the SB in Atlanta. Ray Lewis can tell us all about that one. But he won't. I'm sure PacMan will have lip lock sindrome as well. I wonder if he'll see any jail time as Ray Ray did?

If the shooter was indeed in PacMan's entourage, then this sounds eirily familiar to a certain incident after the SB in Atlanta. Ray Lewis can tell us all about that one. But he won't. I'm sure PacMan will have lip lock sindrome as well. I wonder if he'll see any jail time as Ray Ray did?

Except that in Ray Ray's case he was the murderer, and Pacman doesn't seem to be at least according to eyewitness accounts.

I agree except that tips are a differebnt manner.

You said

"Everyone who's been in a strip joint knows once that cash hits the stage it IS gone"

but in this case everyone would know it wasn't a tip.

His probation states he not get in more trouble and he thought throwing this money around in a strip club wouldn't lead to trouble? Come on.

I agree except that tips are a differebnt manner.

You said

"Everyone who's been in a strip joint knows once that cash hits the stage it IS gone"

but in this case everyone would know it wasn't a tip.

His probation states he not get in more trouble and he thought throwing this money around in a strip club wouldn't lead to trouble? Come on.

I guess I'm dense. Why would pacman'smoney be different than someone else's that hits the stage? Is there another article that talks more about this, or what was the 'effect' they're talking about.

It sounds tome like he was throwing the money around out of a bag, and when the girls started picking it up these 2 dudes grabbed the bag in the confusion took off and a pac-homie opened fire. OR am I missing something?

Maybe twiley, bc and darin should do a huddle investigation. :D

Edited by Pope Flick