[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whole Foods buys

Sugar Magnolia

Whole Foods buys Wild Oats. I think this is a good move for consumers. Wild Oats has been in financial trouble for a while, and I think Whole Foods is better.

The Whole Food stores are quite different depending on the market, but I sure miss the Whole Foods in the SF area. I could taste test and try 30 different kinds of olive oils and balsamics. Miss being able to choose from all the produce. Could buy hugh bunches of purple Thai basil, big bunches of argula, any kind of fresh herb, not a prepacked celophane, things like sunflower shoots, pea sprouts, etc. All kinds of tremedous fresh fish and the crab was always so fresh and inexpensive during the season. Could find any kind of obsure herb or seasoning that a recipe call for.

The best Whole Foods I've gone to is the new one just south of downtown in Seattle. I was staying at a friend's vacation condo (he's got it backwards, lives full time at Sunriver Resort, OR and has his vacation place in Seattle), in the Eastlake area and found the Whole Foods walking to downtown. I was there for over an hour. It was one of the highlights of my visit since it rained the entire time (went there right after the big floods in Nov).

Whole Foods buys Wild Oats. I think this is a good move for consumers. Wild Oats has been in financial trouble for a while, and I think Whole Foods is better.

The Whole Food stores are quite different depending on the market, but I sure miss the Whole Foods in the SF area. I could taste test and try 30 different kinds of olive oils and balsamics. Miss being able to choose from all the produce. Could buy hugh bunches of purple Thai basil, big bunches of argula, any kind of fresh herb, not a prepacked celophane, things like sunflower shoots, pea sprouts, etc. All kinds of tremedous fresh fish and the crab was always so fresh and inexpensive during the season. Could find any kind of obsure herb or seasoning that a recipe call for.

The best Whole Foods I've gone to is the new one just south of downtown in Seattle. I was staying at a friend's vacation condo (he's got it backwards, lives full time at Sunriver Resort, OR and has his vacation place in Seattle), in the Eastlake area and found the Whole Foods walking to downtown. I was there for over an hour. It was one of the highlights of my visit since it rained the entire time (went there right after the big floods in Nov).

The Whole Foods in the Pearl District in Portland is pretty good. I get lunch there quite a few days every week along with my meats and produce.