[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles QBs

Zooty

ESPN's John Clayton also reporting that Denver would be interested in bringing in Garcia as a back-up after they move Plummer

I think he'd rather stay unless he can be a starter. McNabb could get hurt again.

It isn't like he'd be backing up Favre or P Manning.

I could see him competing for the starting job in Tampa.

Minnesota too. Both would be good situations.

This is from an ESPN story. I think if he isn't a starter he may re sign(if Philly still wants him). It seems he wants to see what possibilities there are before deciding.

Steve Baker, the agent for Garcia, said here Sunday afternoon that the Eagles preferred to have a deal in place with his client before free agency started. Apparently, Garcia asked for a five-day grace period at the outset of unrestricted free agency, one that would permit him to test the market and gauge his value, before determining whether to re-sign with the Eagles.

If the Eagles don't sign Garcia in order to re-sign Stallworth I am fine with that. I would rather them use their money on players that will help now instead of a player that will help if McNabb is hurt. Feeley has played well in this offense before so if he has to play a couple games if McNabb is out fine,.

Minnesota too. Both would be good situations.

I wouldn't want him in Minnesota...not good for the development of young receivers to keep switching QB's every year. I would rather go with somebody that could be around 5-10 or even 15 years...Jackson, Quinn or even Carr :D

ESPN.com

This article states that neither Min or Chicago is interested in Garcia. Philly will probably let him walk since they signed Feely and Garcia was too slow to resign.

I heard and interview with him on NFL radio and he wants to go to a team that can win now not a rebuilder so I don't know what that means for a team like TB. I don't see many options for him. They only teams that need QBs are building so it dosen't fit what he wants. Teams like Min, TB, OAK, HOU. Maybe Jax but I doubt they are interested.

I think he may have over-estimated the market for an average, 37 year old QB. Denver, Jax or Philly would seem like his best options and they would be as a back-up QB.

I agree with the Tampa crowd, but then have NO idea why they resigned Simms, who is anythign but a West Coast QB - should have traded him to the Raiders (where he'd fit in well in theory with teh more vertical game) and set their sights on Garcia - then could have maybe drafted Russel and groomed him for 2 years under Garcia....

Someone will give Garcia 4 to 5M to compete for starting job I'm pretty sure.

Poor ole' Jeff Garcia. Newpaper quotes today here in Philly state he is upset that the Eagles didn't even try to negotiate a deal with him, and he can't understand why.

Uh, gee Jeff, you go on the Jay Leno and tell the nation that you plan on testing the free agent market because "you owe it to yourself", then seem amazed that you forced the Eagles hand since Feely would have been a free agent had the Eagles not re-signed him. Did you really expect the Eagles to get into a bidding war for a 37-year-old QB while letting someone who was groomed in this offense walk?

You wanted the free agent market, chum...now you got it.

Enjoy your time in Tampa.