[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson's half-brother shot

Riffraff

AP's running style won't allow him a long career. He runs too tall. He does remind me a little of Eric Dickerson and if he can duplicate what Eric did he'll have a fine career. The question is, can he stay healthy with his running style?

Good stuff here.

Ap is the next LT. The problem may be he winds up in Cleveland without a Ol, and passing game. And a bad D to keep the game close enough to use his skills 30 times a game.

How many times was LT injured in college?

AP has some serious skills, but let's not get carried away now.

How many times was LT injured in college?

AP has some serious skills, but let's not get carried away now.

First off Both are from Texas, and I followed both of their careers very closely. LT played an hr from my house, and AP played for my Sooners. LT played Div II, and Wac competition in college. If not for San Diego thinking so highly of LT, he probably would have dropped to the mid to end of the 1st round.

LT didnt have near the hype AP had coming out of high school and Ap was huge on the college level. Ap had an ankle injury that most Rbs have been through at some point in their career, and he dove into the endzone and landed on his collar bone, that broke it. That is more of a freak injury than being injury prone. Ap had 4000 yard in 2.5 seasons, which is amazing.

LT is great no doubt, but he went to TCU when TCU was a laughing stock, as that was the best offer he got. AP was recruited by SC, OU and Texas. He picked the Sooners and had 1900+ rushing yards a 18 yr old true freshman, and was 2nd in the Heisman voting that yr. A nagging ankle injury his sophomore yr, cut short another great yr, and a fluke collarbone injury cost AP a Heisman Trophy. So I hardly think comparing Ap to LT is a reach by any means.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

First off Both are from Texas, and I followed both of their careers very closely. LT played an hr from my house, and AP played for my Sooners. LT played Div II, and Wac competition in college. If not for San Diego thinking so highly of LT, he probably would have dropped to the mid to end of the 1st round.

LT didnt have near the hype AP had coming out of high school and Ap was huge on the college level. Ap had an ankle injury that most Rbs have been through at some point in their career, and he dove into the endzone and landed on his collar bone, that broke it. That is more of a freak injury than being injury prone. Ap had 4000 yard in 2.5 seasons, which is amazing.

LT is great no doubt, but he went to TCU when TCU was a laughing stock, as that was the best offer he got. AP was recruited by SC, OU and Texas. He picked the Sooners and had 1900+ rushing yards a 18 yr old true freshman, and was 2nd in the Heisman voting that yr. A nagging ankle injury his sophomore yr, cut short another great yr, and a fluke collarbone injury cost AP a Heisman Trophy. So I hardly think comparing Ap to LT is a reach by any means.

You think that a great-but-injury-prone college player is comparable to a sure-fire HOFer and one of the NFL's greatest rushers ever? Not sure I agree. Agreed that AP has tremendous talent, but I'd like to see what he does in the NFL before he's compared to LT.

You think that a great-but-injury-prone college player is comparable to a sure-fire HOFer and one of the NFL's greatest rushers ever? Not sure I agree. Agreed that AP has tremendous talent, but I'd like to see what he does in the NFL before he's compared to LT.

I think skill level, AP is superior already. But he doesnt have the experience yet. Im all for seeing a player play before putting him on a pedastal. But the injury prone remarks are rediculous at best.

I think skill level, AP is superior already. But he doesnt have the experience yet. Im all for seeing a player play before putting him on a pedastal.

+1

But the injury prone remarks are rediculous at best.

Not really. How many HOF RBs had multiple injuries in college?

+1

Not really. How many HOF RBs had multiple injuries in college?

I think my work is done here. Its obvious most Rbs at some time or another have had a sprained ankle. The collarbone was a fluke thing, when he dove into the endzone landing wrong on his collarbone.

Answer this question. IF Ap is such an injury risk, why is Cleveland probably taking him at #3 overall. He would be the steal of the draft if he landed at #8 to Houston.

BTW, people compare AP to Eric Dickerson because of their running style. Doesnt LT also run upright, and use a stiff arm more often than not. Its not like he is Emmit Smith, trying to get lower than the would be tackler, LT tries to run around, stiff arm, or run through the tackler. AP is the same type of runner. If you watched him play Texas once, you will know what I mean. This isnt Eddie George we are talking about.

One other thing, who were people comparing LT to when he arrived at the NFL. I dont remember anyone. He was viewed as a reach by the Chargers, and proved to be a stud. If you think for a second Ap wont be a stud at the next level, then dont draft him,.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I think my work is done here. Its obvious most Rbs at some time or another have had a sprained ankle. The collarbone was a fluke thing, when he dove into the endzone landing wrong on his collarbone.

Answer this question. IF Ap is such an injury risk, why is Cleveland probably taking him at #3 overall. He would be the steal of the draft if he landed at #8 to Houston.

Probably because the Browns are desperate for a big-name skill-position player and AP has a ton of upside. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be drafted at that position or that he's going to have an injury-plagued career. But he DID have an injury-plagued college career. And it remains to be seen whether or not his injuries were a "fluke" or not. Talent aside, he's far from a slam dunk. Methinks that, being an OU fan, your evaluation of AP is a bit biased... especially when you're calling him the next LT.

Sounds like a Matt Millen quote ... :D

Im not sure there is a worse insult than that.

You obviously have to compare the players at the same point of their career. AP was better coming out of college than LT. Aps combine numbers were off the charts for a RB, especially one with his size. What happens from here on, is up to AP. LT didnt run a 4.38 at the combine. LT wasnt considered the hands down best RB in that draft, some actually thought Deuce was better, and if San Diego doesnt take LT, He could have landed in Minnesota instead of Michael Bennett, after Deuce went to New Orleans. Imagine back when the Queens had Culpepper, Moss, and C Carter, then add LT to that backfield instead of Michael Bennett.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I think Peterson and CJ are the 2 cant miss superstars in this draft. AP has had some injuries and obviously durability is a question. But his upside is so friggin high that I would have no problem taking him 1st overall. There have been alot of players who have had GREAT careers with that upright running style. Everybody compares AP to Dickerson which is probably fair. But we had a guy here in Nashville named Eddie George who also ran upright, and he NEVER got hurt. Eddie never missed a game due to injury and he had a very good career.

It would be dumber for Cleveland to pass on AP than for Houston to pass on Bush last year.

Hey, it's better than Baylor.

:D Somebody is thinking that Jim Wacker is still the coach in Ft Worth! You know, back when TCU played with the big boys instead of in that Divsion III conference they are in now:lol:

Edited by spain

:D Somebody is thinking that Jim Wacker is still the coach in Ft Worth! You know, back when TCU played with the big boys instead of in that Divsion III conference they are in now:lol:

Hey now, don't forget, we did beat Northern Illinois in the San Diego Federal Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl last year. So HA!

AP was great in high school and great in college. LT wasn't highly recruited in high school and played weaker competition in college than AP. How does this equate to AP being as good as LT in the NFL? Maybe Ron Dayne is going to score 31 touchdowns next year?

You are about as clueless at it gets, and I was just going to ignore your spew. But you failed big time to read what I wrote. Ap is going to be the next LT, were the words used. And I stand by that. Ap is more skilled, faster, and stronger than LT was entering the draft. LT turned into a great player, by hard work and developing his skills. But like when Edge James was selected ahead of Ricky Williams, many thought LT going ahead of Deuce was just as crazy. The fact is both players went to teams that utilized their skills, and both turned out to be very succesful as a result. AP is a franchise back, and a player to build a team around like LT. So saying he is the next LT, isnt, he is a LT clone. Its saying he has the same, or better skill level, and just needs the experience to mature, the way LT did.

Lebron was alot of hype too when he entered the NBA. But there were GMs in the NBA saying there are only about 3 players in the league Id take for Lebron before he played a game, because of his skills. Ap is the same type of cat, and in 3 yrs, Ap will be the top back or top 3 back in all fantasy football drafts, even if he lands in Cleveland, like Lebron did in the NBA.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

"Ap is the same type of cat, and in 3 yrs, Ap will be the top back or top 3 back in all fantasy football drafts, even if he lands in Cleveland, like Lebron did in the NBA."

abso-freakin-lutly. Great insight everyone, but if you don't draft this guy in round 3-7 you are a Grade A sucker. Probably higher because after preseason, this cat will be out of the bag.