[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson's half-brother shot

Riffraff

:D

I'd offer to help sarge but he doesn't seem to need any.

The only thing that scars me in the least is the collarbone. It was a freak injury. So was mine the first time it broke. I was 6 and walking across the top of the monkey bars, slipped and fell through them. Heck, it was a pretty freak accident I broke it the second time. Nevertheless, I'm almost positive that AD got his fixed up better than the treatment I got at the AFB hospitals in Weisbaden and Kaiserslautern back in 1976 and 1978.

After they put screws or whatever in the second time, I've been good-to-go ever since. Which included a brief sucky 2 year stint at FS in high school and it and has been ever since 1978.

Talent-wise, IMHO he is without a doubt the easiest call to make since Steven Jackson as far as talent goes. Like sarge has already said, the only thing that will limit AD's production is who drafts him. I don't need anything more than what I've seen with my own two eyes for the last 3 years in Norman. It won't be his talent that prevents him from being mentioned among the greats one day.

I can listen to the arguments about what being drafted by Cleveland might do to his career, but not much else.

In an unrelated note I hear Jason Hill got his speed back.

:D

I'd offer to help sarge but he doesn't seem to need any.

The only thing that scars me in the least is the collarbone. It was a freak injury. So was mine the first time it broke. I was 6 and walking across the top of the monkey bars, slipped and fell through them. Heck, it was a pretty freak accident I broke it the second time. Nevertheless, I'm almost positive that AD got his fixed up better than the treatment I got at the AFB hospitals in Weisbaden and Kaiserslautern back in 1976 and 1978.

After they put screws or whatever in the second time, I've been good-to-go ever since. Which included a brief sucky 2 year stint at FS in high school and it and has been ever since 1978.

Talent-wise, IMHO he is without a doubt the easiest call to make since Steven Jackson as far as talent goes. Like sarge has already said, the only thing that will limit AD's production is who drafts him. I don't need anything more than what I've seen with my own two eyes for the last 3 years in Norman. It won't be his talent that prevents him from being mentioned among the greats one day.

I can listen to the arguments about what being drafted by Cleveland might do to his career, but not much else.

In an unrelated note I hear Jason Hill got his speed back.

I broke my collarbone when my older brother and I were racing and he pushed me head first into the back of a Cadillac. I went a week without going to the hospital. When my Mom noticed that I couldnt use my right arm, she figured something must be wrong. Put me in that sling that holds your shoulders back for a few months. Never had any other problems with it at all after that. Of course, it did hurt my position in the draft... :D

Edited by spain

I read what you wrote. Most of it dealt with how great AP's stats were in college and how LT was unheralded in high school and college. What relevance can LT's high school and college career have in this comparison? A whole slew of running backs had more impressive pre-NFL careers than LT, but obviously none are as good as him. Fortunately for LT, hype doesn't equate to results.

I'm not doubting that AP will be a solid running back. He is big, fast, and skilled. But he isn't LT. No running back has had moves like LT since Barry Sanders. Plus, LT has speed, power, and unparrelled explosion, not just slick moves. To say a guy is going to be as good as LT because is is big and fast is silly. If he is as good as you say, he would be the consensus number one pick, not projected anywhere from #3 to #8.

Hey moron, LT wasnt taken #1 overall. He was taken 5th, and Ap will go higher than 5th. And teams draft on need, or Ap or Cj would certainly be #1 and #2 overall. Oakland needs a QB like you need another diaper. Detroit wont take a WR or RB, so they go OT, trade down, or pull the trigger on Quinn. Clevelands top priority isnt Rb, but they will take Peterson, if they cant move down.

and here's LT's combine numbers:

4.38 in the 40-yard dash

41-inch vertical jump

430-pound bench press

610-pound squat

Here's what I've found:

4.38 40

38.5 vertical

10'7" broad jump

And fow whatever kiper's worth, he certainly agrees with us AD lovers:

"Adrian Peterson, if he does something in his individual workouts. Adrian Peterson’s going to be wowing people at his workout. He is a guy people will try to trade up to get. … Adrian Peterson would be an ideal Cleveland Brown. If they trade back and miss Adrian Peterson that could be something they live to regret.”

I think my work is done here. Its obvious most Rbs at some time or another have had a sprained ankle. The collarbone was a fluke thing, when he dove into the endzone landing wrong on his collarbone.

Answer this question. IF Ap is such an injury risk, why is Cleveland probably taking him at #3 overall. He would be the steal of the draft if he landed at #8 to Houston.

BTW, people compare AP to Eric Dickerson because of their running style. Doesnt LT also run upright, and use a stiff arm more often than not. Its not like he is Emmit Smith, trying to get lower than the would be tackler, LT tries to run around, stiff arm, or run through the tackler. AP is the same type of runner. If you watched him play Texas once, you will know what I mean. This isnt Eddie George we are talking about.

One other thing, who were people comparing LT to when he arrived at the NFL. I dont remember anyone. He was viewed as a reach by the Chargers, and proved to be a stud. If you think for a second Ap wont be a stud at the next level, then dont draft him,.

LT does not run upright as you say. If you watch LT he usually will get low at the point of contact to use leverage and his strength to get extra yards. He wouldn't score as many TD's if he ran as upright as you say he does.

To compare AP to LT is way premature at this point. The knock on LT coming out of college was his ability to catch the ball. LT worked his A$$ off to make that one of his strengths. Today, he has some of the greatest hands we've seen from a RB in a long, long time. Does AP have that kind of work ethic. We'll see. I'm hoping that AP has a great career but to compare him to LT :D Right now I put him in between Chris Brown and Eric Dickerson. With a lean towards Brown.

Edited by theprofessor

If any gm thought Peterson was going to be the next LT, then he would definately be the number one pick. Obviously, no one realized how good LT was going to be. I'm pretty sure if gm's had a crystal ball like you seem to have, then LT would have been the number one pick. Probably due to having gone to TCU, LT didn't get the respect he deserved until the Senior Bowl and Combine. Here's what Mel Kiper had to say about LT at the combine:

This turned out to be the L.T. show. LaDainian Tomlinson of TCU definitely elevated his draft position, maybe to the point where he becomes the first running back off the board. Tomlinson ran faster than people thought, clocking an impressive 4.38, and also caught the ball extremely well. The NFL brass I spoke with also raved about his showing during the interview sessions.

and then later Kiper wrote:

After being the talk of the NFL combine, TCU RB LaDainian Tomlinson built on that momentum during his individual session (which took place Friday, March 9). He didn't need to clock another 40 or post another vertical leap after his awesome display at the combine, but Tomlinson still managed to turn heads during the various drills he was put through. Most notable was the show he put on catching the football. Tomlinson reportedly had around 60 or so balls thrown his way, testing his ability to handle routine swing passes or run under passes down the field. In the end, I'm told he dropped just one pass. Based on all of his accomplishments at TCU, along with his showing at the Senior Bowl practices as well as the combine and individual workouts, there is no doubt in my mind that Tomlinson will hear his name called within the first 10 picks on round one.

and here's LT's combine numbers:

4.38 in the 40-yard dash

41-inch vertical jump

430-pound bench press

610-pound squat

I'm curious if AD bested LT in any of those categories. In fact, I'm curious what skills you are talking about when you keep saying that AD is more skilled than LT? I cannot think of one thing that AD has over LT. They both weigh the same, but AD tall and skinny in comparison to LT. LT has monster thighs that allow him to accellerate and change direction unlike no one else in football. AD has skinny hips and is built more like a track star. I'm sure AD would beat LT in a 100-yard dash, but they are equal in a 40 yard dash and LT would blow AD away in a 10 or 20 yard dash, which is what is most important for a running back.

And calling me a moron and saying I need a diaper doesn't make your argument any less weak, it just shows that you have anger manangement problems and lack class. High school and college stats are all but irrelevant, but that is the thrust of your argument. You can keep repeating that AD is more "skilled" than LT, but you have yet to name what "skills" these are. LT is unique. If scientists were to genetically engineer a running back, LT would be the prototype.

+1 :D

LT is unique. If scientists were to genetically engineer a running back, LT would be the prototype.

Right now, but 3 years from now, LT will be replaced by Ap as the best running back on the planet. You have to actually watch the games, to see the skills AP has. LT in college was more like edge in college. The holes were so wide a mack truck could run through them. He wasnt tested like Peterson was, and Peterson put on a show every week. If you watched Ap more than a handful of games, you would know the skills Im talking about. This cat is a monster and will be the man at the next level in a very short time. Just like I said before about Lebron, before Lebron ever played a game in the NBA, he was being compared to Magic because of his build, size and ability. I dont think many are complaining now when those comparisons are being made, and Lebron still hasnt won a title. The writing is on the wall for AP as well. This guy is the real deal, and will be the proto type for the Rb position very soon. As great as LT is, and he is the greatest back on the planet right now, AP is going to be just as good, if not better. Period, end of discussion diaper boy.

edit,

before this yr, LT was considered the 3rd best RB in the league. Alexander and Larry Johnson were consistently picked ahead of him in most drafts. LT vaulted himself to another level, because of his success in 2006. And for now deserves to be viewed as the best in the game, but 8 months ago, that wasnt even the case, and its not like LT is a rookie, or 2nd yr player just busting out. hes been in the league a while and finally, now is the man.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan