[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What would you pay to see?

i_am_the_swammi

With the escalating cost of tickets and the like, my dad and I were chatting at dinner last night that it is getting increasingly tougher to justify the cost of going to any kind of sporting event.

That being said, the conversation turned to what would be worth the price of admission. Being from overseas, my dad volunteered that watching England in a World Cup final would be his dream. As would seeing the Eagles live in a Super Bowl.

But homerism aside, I think the biggest bang for my buck, today, would be seeing Brett Favre play his last game at Lambeau Field (with everyone knowing its his final game...not like this past year). The tributes, the admiration...I think it would be one ticket worth the price of admission 10x over.

Being at last year's Monday Night Saints/Falcons game would have been a close second.

Yours?

Mine would probably be going to see the Vikings win an NFC Conference Championship at home. I just don't think that the price of a pair of Super Bowl tickets is worth it (even for a homer). I'd rather watch that game on a big screen with a bunch of friends than take out a loan to be there live.

I'd also like to see Chavez win another figure-skating world championship. :D

Edited by Savage Beatings

Mine would probably be going to see the Vikings win an NFC Conference Championship at home. I just don't think that the price of a pair of Super Bowl tickets is worth it (even for a homer). I'd rather watch that game on a big screen with a bunch of friends than take out a loan to be there live.

+1

Of course neither one of us wants to shell out that kind of money for SB tickets given the Vikings track record there. :D

Good call...my all-time best experience was seeing the Eagles beat the Falcons at home in the NFC Championship game a few years ago...icy conditions, 70K+ screaming Eagles fans celebrating like there was no tomorrow. I'll never forget that feeling when Chad Lewis caught the TD that essentially clinched it...the place just exploded, with two decades worth of frustration released.

Seeing the Sixers beat the Bucks at home in Game 7 to send them to the 2001 finals was also pretty cool, but nothing like that Eagles win.

I was also at the Oilers/Flyers game when Gretzky scored 5 times to become the quickest player ever to reach 50 goals (45 games, I believe). Seeing the Flyers' crowd rise and cheer in appreciation for an opponents accomplishment is something I don't ever recall happening....pretty awesome.

Good call...my all-time best experience was seeing the Eagles beat the Falcons at home in the NFC Championship game a few years ago...icy conditions, 70K+ screaming Eagles fans celebrating like there was no tomorrow. I'll never forget that feeling when Chad Lewis caught the TD that essentially clinched it...the place just exploded, with two decades worth of frustration released.

Seeing the Sixers beat the Bucks at home in Game 7 to send them to the 2001 finals was also pretty cool, but nothing like that Eagles win.

I was also at the Oilers/Flyers game when Gretzky scored 5 times to become the quickest player ever to reach 50 goals (45 games, I believe). Seeing the Flyers' crowd rise and cheer in appreciation for an opponents accomplishment is something I don't ever recall happening....pretty awesome.

I think he did it in 39 games.

I'd pay to see cliaz and a rabid monkey in a knife fight.

I am pretty sure that is already on youtube

:D

I think Cliaz was flinging poo at the monkey in that video.

Edited by max

Looking back at the 2003 Patriots Season, I don't think it can get much better.

The Divisonal Playoff win in extremely frigid conditions on a Sat night against the Titans was a great experience.

If that wasn't enough, one week later, going to the AFC Championship games against the Colts.

I went to Houston for the Superbowl but wasn't willing to pay the high asking price for tickets, but had a great time nonetheless.

Looking back at that year, being blown out opening game in Buffalo 31-0 (Milloy cut - signs with Buffalo).

In between, there was the MNF win against the Broncos (after the intentional safety), the Bill VS Bill showdown win against Dallas, the Snow game against Miami where the attendance was 45,000 due to the hugh amount of snow the night before. Finally, closing out the regular season with a payback 31-0 (exact same score) win against the Bills.

A week 5 win started a streak of 12 straight wins to close out the 2003 reg. season, 21 overall (postseason + 2004).

Years from now, seeing a Colts/Pats AFC Championship game in the 2000's will be like seeing a Cowboys/49'ers NFC Championship game in the late 80's - early 90's.

Edited by charty

I think he did it in 39 games.

Bossy did 50 in 50 games ...and I believe you are correct that gretzky did 50 in 39 games

Would love to see Us in world cup final , islanders in game 7 stanley cup final , giants in sb , mets in game 7 ws final

And myself holding winning mega millions lottery ticket in my hand

Chalk up another for the Masters. I'd like to see Daytona one of these years. The one thing I make sure I do every year is go watch Iverson. Starting to make a habit out of Lebron and Kobe, too. You guys say what you want about basketball, but live, it beats the poop out of any football game.

Years from now, seeing a Colts/Pats AFC Championship game in the 2000's will be like seeing a Cowboys/49'ers NFC Championship game in the late 80's - early 90's.

hardly. The Niners Boys were clearly the top 2 teams in the NFL at that time. The Pats/Colts have not been the two best teams for the past 5 yrs. hell this yr San diego had a better record than both of them, so did Baltimore.

I'd pay to see the D-Rays break .500 this year..... :D yeah joking.

In all honesty, I would pay good money to see Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals with the Lightning winning it all again. I've been to a Superbowl and its not worth the money people shell out (unless you win tickets).

I'd pay to see cliaz and a rabid monkey in a knife fight.

I am pretty sure that is already on youtube

I think Cliaz was flinging poo at the monkey in that video.

ANYWAYS...

I'd pay to see Any Redskins vs cowboys game. Nothing better then those IMHO.

I'd pay to see Any Redskins vs cowboys game. Nothing better then those IMHO.

That's like a double negative losing money and watching your team lose. Nobody would want to subject themselves to that on purpose. :D:D

Whenever ATL comes to play DEN, I'll definetely be there and have one hell of a seat.

I take it you will be the guy with the Jersey that on the front is the Falcons Michael Vick #7 and on the back is the Broncos John Elway #7.