[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith's vacation

Randall

February 26, 2007, 09:48

Panthers :: WR

No Off-Season Workouts For WR S. Smith?

Darin Gantt, Rock Hill Herald -

WR Steve Smith, who's made no secret of his dispassion of the team's offseason workouts, may have his best excuse ever for not attending. Smith said he and his family were taking a long vacation trip to Africa, and when asked when he was leaving, he grinned and said: "During offseason conditioning, of course."

WR Steve Smith, who's made no secret of his dispassion of the team's offseason workouts, may have his best excuse ever for not attending. Smith said he and his family were taking a long vacation trip to Africa, and when asked when he was leaving, he grinned and said: "During offseason conditioning, of course."

:D

I don't remember T.O ever beating the hell out of anybody in a team meeting. :D

I heard a lot of rumors of lockerroom fights in Philly, but beating the hell ot of someone is a bit much.

That said Smith wouldn't wear team opponents spamshirts or throw teammates under the bus as TO did. Whereever TO goes theres controversy. He is very high mainenance and he isn't even a hot woman.

T.O. is a wuss, he beats people in the locker room, team meetings , etc with his gums/words which are more harsh than a fist fight and its over....T.O.'s words are always cutting and divisive....so any T.O. fan can :D

For the record I am not a TO fan at all. I actually cannot stand the guy. I used TO's name as an example. You could insert any players name that has a bad/sub par reputation in my original statement and the media would still have a field day with it.

T.O. is a wuss, he beats people in the locker room, team meetings , etc with his gums/words which are more harsh than a fist fight and its over....T.O.'s words are always cutting and divisive....so any T.O. fan can :D

you're funny. Nobody was defending T.O., it was just pointed out that if T.O. said he was going on vacation when he's supposed to be doing offseason conditioning it'd be the lead story on Sportscenter for 3 days.

Lighten up...

you're funny. Nobody was defending T.O., it was just pointed out that if T.O. said he was going on vacation when he's supposed to be doing offseason conditioning it'd be the lead story on Sportscenter for 3 days.

Lighten up...

I agree, but that is nobody's fault but TO. If he didn't have the history he created then this wouldn't be true,

I heard a lot of rumors of lockerroom fights in Philly, but beating the hell ot of someone is a bit much.

That said Smith wouldn't wear team opponents spamshirts or throw teammates under the bus as TO did. Whereever TO goes theres controversy. He is very high mainenance and he isn't even a hot woman.

I think he was referring to Steve Smith getting in a fight when he first came in the league. . .

Charlotte, N.C. - The Panthers suspended Carolina’s Steve Smith from one game after an altercation with teammate Anthony Bright. The fight resulted in a broken nose for Bright.

Smith issued a statement Wednesday apologizing to Bright and the rest of the team.

"First and foremost, I would like to apologize to Anthony Bright," Smith said. "I regret the actions that led to my suspension and want to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the organization, and fans of the Carolina Panthers. Being away and watching this week will be difficult, but I take full responsibility for my absence and actions."

Wide receiver Issac Byrd was one of the few players to speak about the fight. He visited Bright in the hospital on Tuesday.

"I wanted to leave the room the second I walked in there,'' Byrd said. "When I saw him his face was covered, it was like a sheet below the eyes. The nose was covered. Half the face was swollen and his left eye was closed ... you'd have thought there was a bulldozer in Steve's fist.''

Byrd said that the receivers were watching film when Smith attacked Bright. There is no indication as to what caused the fight or if there was any provocation.

This was in 2002

But he's not TO. He's twice the person TO is and he is twice the player TO is. :D

From what I've seen S. Smith is a midget which would make this statement false, as TO would be twice the person Smith is. :D

T.O. is a wuss, he beats people in the locker room, team meetings , etc with his gums/words which are more harsh than a fist fight and its over....T.O.'s words are always cutting and divisive....so any T.O. fan can :tup:

Does somebody need a T.O.???

From what I've seen S. Smith is a midget which would make this statement false, as TO would be twice the person Smith is. :D

That's true but for a little guy he has a very big chip on his shoulder. Or it's because he's small.

He's awfully strong and determined.

That's true but for a little guy he has a very big chip on his shoulder. Or it's because he's small.

He's awfully strong and determined.

I think we all here at the huddle know this much. I guess I'll just chalk it up as a lame attempt at humor as it wasn't perceived that way.

Edited by irish

People here in Charlotte love this kind of stuff from Steve Smith. He can really do no wrong around here. He's may have a bit of short fuse at times, but he's a great team guy and the ultimate competitor. I think he's great for quotes because he says exactly what he feels and he makes no excuses.

Perhaps Smith would suffer fewer injuries if he took his conditioning a little more seriously?