[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis Released

Beaumont

Did you know that out of the 59 RBs that had 50 or more carries in the NFL that the average ypr was 4.2?

There were only 3 out of 59 who had 3 or fewer ypr (Jason Wright, Kevan Barlow and Mike Alstott)

So again, 4.0 is merely average. Less than that is downright below average, borderline bad.

So Jamal Lewis's 3.6 ypr is very below average, and it shouldn't shock anyone that he is not getting the respect in terms of a big contract that he thinks he deserves.

3.6 is not impressive, and to think that any starting RB in the NFL would average 3.0 ypr is pretty surprising....

Not going to quote the whole thing... just wanted to say that I think this is one of the most informative posts that I've read here in at least the last three months. Excellent work Dre! :D

Perhaps I am reading too much into this, but...

I don't think your average NFL fan understands RB ypr averages. They think someone who averages 4 ypr is great.

You're reading too much into it.

I didn't say 3.6 was good. I said I was surprised it wasn't lower then 3.6.

Jamal played the entire second half with a shot in his ankle to numb the pain before every game. He's been done for a while, they've just kept him running.

He rarely ran over anyone this year. He used to always do it. His name will go into the Ravens Ring of Honor, but the kid is done.

He owns a decent size trucking business that he is into, so he has planned for life beyond football. I say within 1-2 years, he's out of the game.