[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cotton Bowl Moving to Arlington

Rockerbraves

As many thought it looks like Dallas loses out to the city of Arlington once again. The Cotton Bowl Board unanimously voted Tuesday to move the 71-year-old football classic to the new Cowboys football stadium in Arlington.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0207/401359.html

:D Dallas wasn't willing to pony up the cash necessary to either revitalize the Cotton Bowl or build a new facility. They wanted to spend a few dollars on some bandaides and call it new. So since they weren't willing to spend the money it should be no surprise that the Cotton Bowl will go to the location that was willing to spend the cash.

I fully expect that in 10 years the Cotton Bowl will have been torn down, likely Texas Stadium as well as both venues will suffer to generate funds.

:D Dallas wasn't willing to pony up the cash necessary to either revitalize the Cotton Bowl or build a new facility. They wanted to spend a few dollars on some bandaides and call it new. So since they weren't willing to spend the money it should be no surprise that the Cotton Bowl will go to the location that was willing to spend the cash.

I fully expect that in 10 years the Cotton Bowl will have been torn down, likely Texas Stadium as well as both venues will suffer to generate funds.

Ironically this announcement to move such a prestigious & traditional event as the Cotton Bowl comes only a couple of months after I was blasted by many of the huddlers for even suggesting that all NFL conference championship games should be played in a dome. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Ironically this announcement to move such a prestigious & traditional event as the Cotton Bowl comes only a couple of months after I was blasted by many of the huddlers for even suggesting that all NFL conference championship games should be played in a dome. :D

How does a dilapidated structure being rejected as partially unsafe and not up to par have anything to do games played in state of the art NFL stadiums? :D

Edited by Pope Flick

How does a dilapidated structure being rejected as partially unsafe and not up to par have anything to do games played in state of the art NFL stadiums? :D

To me the move to the new stadium had more to do with making fans more comfortable while watching the games than making them safer. The biggest knock I hear from fans who's team get invited to the Cotton Bowl is the potential for bad weather. See the new location as a huge plus for the Cotton Bowl.

The last time I was at the Cotton Bowl was when K-State beat Tennesse and as stated above weather was a concern. It snowed and was cold and of course the seatig sucks. I welcome a move to the new stadium.

I was at the Cotton Bowl when A+M blew out Notre Dame in 1988. It was Tim Brown's last game as a college player nad he got ejected when after being tackled on a punt return, one of those "12th Man" aggies grabbed his personal towl from his waist and ran back to the sideline. Brown followed and started a ruckus right there against the Aggie bench. Tossed. It was cold and miserable, especially for fans of the losing team. But that's football.