[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hot Italian Sausage

jaxfactor

Cooking some up on the grill right now. Any suggestions on how to serve it? Yeah, it's only store bought but it should be decent. I'm grilling some bell peppers and onions and may add some shrooms to the mix. Do you put sauce on it? Or just keep as is? I bought some bakery fresh hoagie rolls to make sandwiches so I'm definately going that route. I guess my only question is about any kind of sauce or topping to go over it.

Cooking some up on the grill right now. Any suggestions on how to serve it? Yeah, it's only store bought but it should be decent. I'm grilling some bell peppers and onions and may add some shrooms to the mix. Do you put sauce on it? Or just keep as is? I bought some bakery fresh hoagie rolls to make sandwiches so I'm definately going that route. I guess my only question is about any kind of sauce or topping to go over it.

Pizza sauce, bell peepers, shrooms, onions, mozz cheese on a hoagie roll....yummy.

Scoop out bread from on the hoagie halves to put in more stuff. Put it them in the oven on low heat to melt the cheese and brown the hoagies.

Sounds awesome Bush! I'm going that route! I'll let y'all know how they turned out. Mmmm Cholesteral and clogged arteries. :D

after reading the title, i thought you were talking about my peener.

for that you'll have to wait for the thread about lil' smokies

for an italian sausage sammich...i say don't go too heavy on the sauce. the sausage and grilled peppers are where it's at. and the bread. a little sauce, a little cheese and some grilled onions along for the ride.

ok my mouth is watering :D

for that you'll have to wait for the thread about lil' smokies

for an italian sausage sammich...i say don't go too heavy on the sauce. the sausage and grilled peppers are where it's at. and the bread. a little sauce, a little cheese and some grilled onions along for the ride.

ok my mouth is watering :D

:D ................ snagging my classic, patented lil' smokies retort.

same taste in the sausage though.

Pizza sauce, bell peepers, shrooms, onions, mozz cheese on a hoagie roll....yummy.

\

OH MY GOSH!!!! What a hell of a meal! I did what bush suggested. I didn't have the right kind of cheese in the house so ran up to the store and bought a package of Sargento 6 cheese Italian blend shredded. Mozzarella, smoked Provolone, Asiago(whatever the hell that is), Parmesan, Romano, Fontina. Put 3 sandwiches on a pan and placed in the oven enough to melt the cheese. I then put on high broil for a couple minutes to get the cheese a little brown on top, just the way I like it. Turned out totally awesome and I'm definately gonna have to do it again sooner rather than later. I'm not a pepper fan either Bier, but I went all out with onions, peppers, and shroomies. Sprinkled a little parmesan on top after finished. Even the woman loved it and she said she didn't care for hot sausage. My eyes were definately bigger than my belly as I thought I could eat 2 but one was more than enough. I have one left. Anyone want one? :D

Thanks bush for the idea! The hollowed out bread was a must.