[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boston Herald Reporting

BTW, I aint hating on him, Id love to see him rush the passer in Dallas opposite Ware. I simply think he cashed in, and isnt worth that much jack, and doesnt really fill NE's strongest needs for the money. Secondary and WR are more pressing issues, and a solid LB could be had for a fraction of that jack.

Let me add that I don't agree with Sarge that AT is overrated. He's solid but 17 mil guaranteed? :D

I wonder what the rest of the ex-patriots feel about this deal after being shown the door because they wanted "fair" money?

Edited by theprofessor

he wont line up at DE for NE, they have Warren and Seymour. That secondary is terrible, so he will not be as productive as he was. I just think he is over rated, and his production will start to decline.

Right. He'll line up at OLB for us. We have Warren and Wilfork at DE. Seymour plays a lot at DT. He'll bring plenty of pressure off the edge from the OLB spot.

WR is a need, but they'll address that as well. And DB, with no one spot being the biggest priority. they just need a body back there. Remember, they still have 2 1st round picks, and they're not done spending on FAs.

Small move, but Kyle Brady was in today, and he'll probably be signed tomorrow as well. He'll just be a glorified LT, filling the blocking that we'll lose with Graham leaving.

he wont line up at DE for NE, they have Warren and Seymour. That secondary is terrible, so he will not be as productive as he was. I just think he is over rated, and his production will start to decline.

Are you kidding? This is the greatest signing of the greatest LB in NFL history. And it will continue to be the greatest signing ever of any FA in NFL history right up until NE signs another FA.

Right. He'll line up at OLB for us. We have Warren and Wilfork at DE. Seymour plays a lot at DT. He'll bring plenty of pressure off the edge from the OLB spot.

WR is a need, but they'll address that as well. And DB, with no one spot being the biggest priority. they just need a body back there. Remember, they still have 2 1st round picks, and they're not done spending on FAs.

Small move, but Kyle Brady was in today, and he'll probably be signed tomorrow as well. He'll just be a glorified LT, filling the blocking that we'll lose with Graham leaving.

Wow, ok NIce analysis Wilfork is a 350 lb DE.

What do former BALT LBs have in common once they leave Baltimore

Sharper - average at best as a player for Houston, but they were on teh field so often, he got his numbers

Hartwell - cut today by Atl

and now Thomas - He will get more attention than he did in Balt. A wall in front of him, with Suggs rushing one side, Ray next to him, and Reed behind him, allowed him to roam. He wont be surrounded by that kind of cast in NE, and this probably helps Vrabel more than anyone in NE.

Nice start for that D. But Thomas is a one dimensional pass rush player. To get that kind of jack is absurd.

well...i agree a. thomas is slightly overrated, but considering the guy has literally played EVERY front 7 position for the ravens, i'm not so sure the "one dimensional" label is accurate. :D

he's definitely a solid fit for the patriots.

Edited by Azazello1313

well...i agree a. thomas is slightly overrated, but considering the guy has literally played EVERY front 7 position for the ravens, i'm not so sure the "one dimensional" label is accurate. :D

Seems like a lot of money for someone who is about 30 years old and that I haven't even heard of until last season.

Let me add that I don't agree with Sarge that AT is overrated. He's solid but 17 mil guaranteed? :D

I wonder what the rest of the ex-patriots feel about this deal after being shown the door because they wanted "fair" money?

Jeez, the Pats are the only team that cuts or simply decides not to re-sign players that no longer fit in their long term plans, huh?

If the Pats cut J. Lewis, J. Horn, L. Fletcher, or J. Porter, it would be "there they go, the Pats show continue to show their veterans the door". Other teams do it as well. :D

As far as the money, it's very simple. The cap increased big time over the last 2 years, and any players that haven't been re-signed or protected by there current team have a big payday waiting in free agency.

A FB that a pretty good chunck of people on this board never heard of just got a $5M signing bonus.

Clements got 8yr $80M with $22M guarenteed.

The Pats glaring need was at LB, and they've filled that need with the best available player.

Edited by charty

he wont line up at DE for NE, they have Warren and Seymour.

The talk is that with him in the game you may see the Pats shift to an occasional 4/3, with Warren plaing at DT and Thomas at DE. Not a regular thing, but a 'change it up on the O' kind of thing.

That secondary is terrible, so he will not be as productive as he was.

:D I guess you don;t want to recognize the facts of last season.

:D That was the main thing I was trying to point out. That and he has even occasianally lined up as a (albeit weak) Safety.

Side note: Thomas's agent is named James "Bus" Cook. In what other industry would someone want their idiotic nickname listed in their professional credentials? :D

"Gentleman, meet my tax attorney, Thomas 'Rattlesnake' Johnson."

Side note: Thomas's agent is named James "Bus" Cook. In what other industry would someone want their idiotic nickname listed in their professional credentials? :D

"Gentleman, meet my tax attorney, Thomas 'Rattlesnake' Johnson."

:D "Gentlemen, meet my accountant, John 'quick hands' Smith"

March 03, 2007

Thomas in fold

There were no last minute hitches and linebacker Adalius Thomas passed his physical, so the sides finalized an undisclosed contract today at Gillette Stadium.

The team has yet to make an official announcement.

Kyle Brady has also signed, according to the Reiss' Pieces blog.