[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Carr

cliaz

I’m curious where he is going to land as I serious doubt the Texans are going to keep him because they will take such a small hit to the cap on him if they trade him. But my question is why haven’t we heard much on him and where would he land? Most likely in a backup roll somewhere in Minnesota, Oakland, Miami, Cleveland, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Chicago or Carolina? I’d hate to see this guy go into a backup roll because I believe with a strong O-line he would be a great #2 fantasy back.

Though I’d love to see him land a gig in Detroit. I think Martz could mold this kid into an outstanding QB. Hell he’s used to getting sacked and that’s like required in a Martz system.

I Dunno.

It would be hard for the Texans to keep him at this point. They have already openly shopped him and a few team mates (AJ, Moulds, and D Robinson to be specific) have all pretty much thrown him under the bus. So, while it would be tough for him to come back, I wouldnt rule it out 100%. However, if he did, it would be as a back up or as part of a serious QB competition.

As far as the other teams go, I guess the question becomes does anyone else want him and how much are they willing to give. I have heard/read that they are wanting a 3rd (which seems reasonable enough), but the few teams interested seem to be lowballing the Texans. IIRC, the Vikes offered a 5th, but it was turned down. I wouldn't think the Jags would be interested with all of the QBs they have there. Miami has Culpepper and Lemon and the Harrington project didnt work out so well last year. Oakland has Walter and will probably take Russell, so I wouldnt figure Carr would fit in there. Chicago seems contenet with Grossman and Griese. KC seems to make some sense if they end up letting Green go. Carolina could use a decent guy to push Delhomme and be a solid backup.

Where ever he ends up I will be cheering for him to get things turned around.

Where did you hear this from? We haven't heard anything up here. Is that just a rumor?

Been reading a lot of stuff the past 2 days so I am gonna have to find which source I got it from.

Well, its starting to looks more and more like the Texans could end up keeping Carr, IMO. John McClain of the Chronicle said Houstons attempt to sign Patrick Ramsey made it clear that they would be parting ways with Carr. But with all of the veteran QBs signing lately and Ramsey signing with the Broncos today, I dont see much left out there that is better than Carr (not that Ramsey was). I think at this point they should offer him a cut in pay to stay on and compete for the starting job.

Here is what is/was available if free agency:

Unrestricted Free Agents

Wright, Anthony - UNSIGNED

Huard, Damon - Re-signed with the Chiefs

Matthews, Shane - UNSIGNED

Testaverde, Vinny - UNSIGNED

Tuiasosopo, Marques - UNSIGNED

Collins, Kerry - Re-signed with the Titans

Bouman, Todd - UNSIGNED

Detmer, Koy - UNSIGNED

Garcia, Jeff - Signed with the Bucs

Rattay, Tim - UNSIGNED

Restricted Free Agents

Gray, Quinn - Would cost at least a 2nd

Lemon, Cleo - Would cost at least a 2nd

St. Pierre, Brian - Would cost at least a 5th

Schaub, Matt - Would cost at least a 1st & 3rd

Free Agents

Drew Bledsoe - UNSIGNED

Brad Johnson - Signed with the Cowboys

So other than maybe trading for Trent Green (which even then won't be a longterm solution) or going after Wright or Schaub, I don't see anyone out there that just tickles my fancy.

Well, its starting to looks more and more like the Texans could end up keeping Carr, IMO. John McClain of the Chronicle said Houstons attempt to sign Patrick Ramsey made it clear that they would be parting ways with Carr. But with all of the veteran QBs signing lately and Ramsey signing with the Broncos today, I dont see much left out there that is better than Carr (not that Ramsey was). I think at this point they should offer him a cut in pay to stay on and compete for the starting job.

Here is what is/was available if free agency:

Unrestricted Free Agents

Wright, Anthony - UNSIGNED

Huard, Damon - Re-signed with the Chiefs

Matthews, Shane - UNSIGNED

Testaverde, Vinny - UNSIGNED

Tuiasosopo, Marques - UNSIGNED

Collins, Kerry - Re-signed with the Titans

Bouman, Todd - UNSIGNED

Detmer, Koy - UNSIGNED

Garcia, Jeff - Signed with the Bucs

Rattay, Tim - UNSIGNED

Restricted Free Agents

Gray, Quinn - Would cost at least a 2nd

Lemon, Cleo - Would cost at least a 2nd

St. Pierre, Brian - Would cost at least a 5th

Schaub, Matt - Would cost at least a 1st & 3rd

Free Agents

Drew Bledsoe - UNSIGNED

Brad Johnson - Signed with the Cowboys

So other than maybe trading for Trent Green (which even then won't be a longterm solution) or going after Wright or Schaub, I don't see anyone out there that just tickles my fancy.

Trade for Volek? :D