[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dielman back to San Diego

NoSupe4You

:D

After a sleepless night, Dielman left about $10 million on the table in Seattle and signed a six-year deal with the Chargers worth $39 million, with $17 million guaranteed in the first two years.

Dielman had flown to Seattle on Friday on a private jet provided by the Seahawks. He returned in a coach seat on Alaska Airlines.

:clap: Pissed much??? :clap:

But what is really amazing is this...

...Dielman is the 26th player under contract through at least 2009 and the 20th core player signed for that long. He is also the 17th core player that is 27 or younger signed through at least 2009...

:clap:

What kind of environment is being created in San Diego that would allow the team to have so many players signed like this. Obviously now it isn't Marty. This kid left 10 million on the table to return to the Bolts! These players like AJ :clap: and believe in what he is creating in San Diego :clap: . This team is going to be VERY good for years to come :D

Yes, I speak with the jaded eye of a Charger fan :doh: , but something like this is so much more than a pro-bowl caliber o-lineman signing a contract. It is a sign that this team is doing things the right way. When Dielman calls Hardwick and says...

..."I thought he was gone," Hardwick said. "I didn't think we were going to get him back. He called me and said, `Are you ready to make a run at the Super Bowl?' He was pretty excited." ...

...you have to believe that these guys are confident in their ability to keep things going, even with Norv Turner as their HC :tup: .

I am dumbfounded by this. I was sure he was gone. In this age of "all about me", for Kris Dielman it was about something else. Something special that he feels with this group of guys. It is a feeling that fans and Fantasy geeks alike will never truely experience. Forget practice, camp, all that stuff. I would love to break out of that huddle with LT, Rivers, Lo, Gates, etc just once. Maybe then we could understand why a young man was willing to leave a fortune behind to be part of it!

oh ya!

its a nice feeling to actually have players wanting to be a Charger.

maybe Eli will be the last of his kind for years to come....let's hope.

I wonder how Archie and Eli feel now. Looking at the Bolts vs G-men. Wow was Archie wrong.

Congrats Bolts fans! That was a HUGH signing to keep that very good O-line in tact. :D

LT and Lorenzo Neal were involved in Dielman's decision to stay. LT knows that he needs a good O line to run behind. His production can now stay at a very high level. :D

Wow, one of the few times a guy apparently stays with his old time for considerably less money. I blame the refs. :doh:

I would blame your sig line! :tup:

:D:clap: