[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Former NFL Players suiting up in Arena League this weekend

CarryTheRock

With the Arena season kicking off this weekend there are some names that NFL fans would recognize suiting up. Although it is common for alot of practice squad guys to give the Arena League a shot, some of these name surprised me. Here are some former NFL players that will be playing on the short field this year.

Shaun King-Shaun King led the Tampa Bay Bucs to the NFC Championship in his rookie season in the NFL. now he is going to be playing for the Las Vegas Gladiators.

Peter Warrick-4th overall pick in 2000 by the Bengals, Warrick joins King in Vegas.

Lincoln Kennedy-Pro Bowl lineman surprised me when he signed to play with the Dallas Desperados.

Troy Edwards-13the overall pick in 1999 by the Steelers, Edwards signed to play for the Grand Rapids Rampage.

Adrian McPherson-He couldn't avoid a mascot on a full sized field and now is going to be on a smaller one. My first exposure to McPherson was when he was the rookie of the year with Indian a few years back. Now he is starting for the Austin Wranglers.

Micheal Bishop-Not a big name in the NFL when he was a backup in New England but he is one of the premiere QB's in the Arena League. He returns to the Kansas area to play for the Kansas City Brigade.

The Lincoln Kennedy news really surprised me. I thought he was good in his regular spot on the NFL Network, even if they did have to manufacture a special chair for him! Dude is BIG.

That being said, I really can't stand the Arena League and see zero entertainment value in it. It's just a bunch of guys running up and down the field, with no defense. I can appreciate the athleticism it takes to play football at full speed in such a confined area, but to me it's not real football. When your only strategy is to huck it long to the fast guy, well.........that's just playground stuff.

i faintly remember 1 of those names, and that's about it

Your like 12 though, right?

I think I heard that Quincy Carter is playing Arena League as well.

Lower...AF2, it's developmental league.