[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post Taum/Bly trade mock

Randall

LINK

After posting my latest mock draft yesterday, I felt very comfortable with the selections I had made. However, after the Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos pulled off a major trade, which will be official later today, the top-ten has been altered.

With Dre' Bly going to Denver and RB Tatum Bell and OT George Foster heading to Detroit, the Lions are no longer in need of an offensive tackle; ruling out the possibility of drafting Wisconsin's Joe Thomas.

This trade moves Brady Quinn back into the number-two spot, where I've had him all along. There is the slight possibility of the Lions drafting Calvin Johnson. I don't see how they can draft another wide receiver in the first round, but we're talking about the Lions, so anything is possible.

Enjoy my revised mock and let me know your thoughts. We’re about two months away from the biggest off-season spectacle in professional sports.

Any mock that has DET going for a QB with the second pick when they have Kitna & Orlovsky there just doesn't seem very credible.

If DET is going after a QB in the draft, I'd expect them to wait for Stanton in the 2nd round.

The Detroit Lions had a large contingency watching Quinn's pro day workout, including the owner of the team. I saw that in the paper today.

The Detroit Lions had a large contingency watching Quinn's pro day workout, including the owner of the team. I saw that in the paper today.

ND is a short drive away for Lions' coaches. That could just as easily be posturing as much as interest. In any case, Quinn to DET just doesn't make any sense. Martz is said to be very high on Kitna & Orlovsky, and DET has bigger needs to fill with that 1.02.