[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bly wants out of Denver

Dre' Bly-DB- Broncos Mar. 4 - 5:46 pm et

Dre' Bly reportedly wants to play for the Redskins, and could force a trade from Denver.

Bly and Washington were negotiating a contract when it looked like he might be traded to Washington. Denver coach Mike Shanahan reportedly likes Shawn Springs and Ladell Betts, so there is a chance trade talks will resume. Bly reportedly agreed to terms on a new deal with Denver, but nothing has been signed.

Source: Washington Post

This has been an interesting few days. :D

I call BS on this. The Skins just signed Smoot to replace Springs, and have Carlos Rogers on the other side. "Reportedly"..... yeah, right.

The skins want smoot as a nickel/potential injury starter and want Springs or Bly also. Smoot was not signed as the starter. It was referenced in the Post this morning that Bly, the Redskins and Denver are in discussions. And Washington is also looking to trade down from 6 now, which is a very good idea.

The skins want smoot as a nickel/potential injury starter and want Springs or Bly also. Smoot was not signed as the starter. It was referenced in the Post this morning that Bly, the Redskins and Denver are in discussions. And Washington is also looking to trade down from 6 now, which is a very good idea.

:D

The 'Skins paid $36M over 6 years, with a $11M signing bonus, for a nickel back?!?

This is why they'll continue to suck for the immediate future.

Hey, send that #6 pick over DEN's way. Snyder doesn't seem to mind being bent over a table by Shanahan. I hoipe he at least gets reach-arounds.

The 'Skins paid $36M over 6 years, with a $11M signing bonus, for a nickel back?!?

This is why they'll continue to suck for the immediate future.

Hey, send that #6 pick over DEN's way. Snyder doesn't seem to mind being bent over a table by Shanahan. I hoipe he at least gets reach-arounds.

You dumass. I always assumed yer stupidity was a schtick act, but I guess you really think Brad Johnson is going to get paid for three years in Dallas.

Oh, and while Im on the topic of what an idiot you are, Smoot's deal is five years for $25 million with a $7 million signing bonus. Over the course of the five year contract, only $8.5 million is guaranteed. At least when yer not understanding, dont understand the actual facts, not made up ones.

You dumass. I always assumed yer stupidity was a schtick act, but I guess you really think Brad Johnson is going to get paid for three years in Dallas.

Put down the crack pipe & back away from the table! What the Hell are you talking about with Brad Johnson? Talk about your ultimate irony when you call me an idiot...

Oh, and while Im on the topic of what an idiot you are, Smoot's deal is five years for $25 million with a $7 million signing bonus. Over the course of the five year contract, only $8.5 million is guaranteed. At least when yer not understanding, dont understand the actual facts, not made up ones.

Well, I guess the source I saw must have made a mistake. Sorry. It's much, much better to be paying your nickel back a bargain basement price of $5M a year instead of a ridiculous $6M a year.

Okay, you can go back to the crack pipe now.

Put down the crack pipe & back away from the table! What the Hell are you talking about with Brad Johnson? Talk about your ultimate irony when you call me an idiot...

Well, I guess the source I saw must have made a mistake. Sorry. It's much, much better to be paying your nickel back a bargain basement price of $5M a year instead of a ridiculous $6M a year.

Okay, you can go back to the crack pipe now.

Like I said, yer an idiot. Anyone who thinks that a 5 year $25 million contract with $8.5 million guaranteed is a $5 million per year contract should keep their yap shut.

So zip it, dummy.

Like I said, yer an idiot. Anyone who thinks that a 5 year $25 million contract with $8.5 million guaranteed is a $5 million per year contract should keep their yap shut.

So zip it, dummy.

Okay, I'm running out of patience for your drivel, but I'll play along a little longer.

Since you know everything about how this contract is laid out, why don't you give us all the details? We know the signing bonus (according to you) is $8.5M. What are the annual salaries? Are there easily reached incentives or roster bonuses anywhere. Please provide a link to document your data.

Let's hear it, mouth. Either that or I'd say that you have no clue what you're talking about (though that's pretty self-evident).

Okay, I'm running out of patience for your drivel, but I'll play along a little longer.

Since you know everything about how this contract is laid out, why don't you give us all the details? We know the signing bonus (according to you) is $8.5M. What are the annual salaries? Are there easily reached incentives or roster bonuses anywhere. Please provide a link to document your data.

Let's hear it, mouth. Either that or I'd say that you have no clue what you're talking about (though that's pretty self-evident).

I think its pretty well established right here that you have no idea what yer talking about. I think I will leave it there. Go do yer own research if you want to speak knowledgeably on a subject, dipAthena.

I think its pretty well established right here that you have no idea what yer talking about. I think I will leave it there. Go do yer own research if you want to speak knowledgeably on a subject, dipAthena.

Yep, it's officially the OS now, we are flaming each other over contracts now :D

In other words, you don't have a clue. I've done the research and can't find the numbers that I'm asking you for and that you assert that you have access to. So here's your chance to show me up, hero, since you're an authority on this.

Oh, the name calling & the dismissive smilies really enhance your authority on this. Keep up the good work. :D

I'll wait......

Yep, it's officially the OS now, we are flaming each other over contracts now :D

It's fun to find someone talking out their ass & then refusing to back it up and/or admit they are wrong. It's funny how some guy's egos work. I have no problem admitting that the numbers I used earlier were wrong, but he just can't bring himself to admit that he doesn't have any greater knowledge of this than I do. Then he goes into the internet tough guy act to cover his ass.

It kills some time spoofing on them for a while...

It's fun to find someone talking out their ass & then refusing to back it up and/or admit they are wrong. It's funny how some guy's egos work. I have no problem admitting that the numbers I used earlier were wrong, but he just can't bring himself to admit that he doesn't have any greater knowledge of this than I do. Then he goes into the internet tough guy act to cover his ass.

It kills some time spoofing on them for a while...

Internet tough guy? I just said yer a dummy cause yer talking out yer asz. No flexing here. I obviously have greater knowledge of the deal cause I posted the actual general terms and you posted some made up doodoo you pulled out of yer butt. And then you tried to make some silly point based on yer analysis of yer made up wrong numbers. Smooth. :D

And yer right, it is fun spoofing on you for a while.

In other words, you don't have a clue. I've done the research and can't find the numbers that I'm asking you for and that you assert that you have access to. So here's your chance to show me up, hero, since you're an authority on this.

Oh, the name calling & the dismissive smilies really enhance your authority on this. Keep up the good work. :D

I'll wait......

Is it a $25 million 5 year deal with around a $7 million signing bonus and $8.5 million guaranteed? Right.

I rest my case: Yer a dummy.

I have no knowledge of the terms of the deal between Smoot and the Redskins. And I certainly dont have any knowledge as to any behind the scenes dealings for Bly between Denver and Washington. But I am going to have to agree with skins on one thing: Smoot was not brought in to be the starting cb. He is horrible! Fred Smoot couldnt cover my 90 year old grandmother who has had a knee and hip replacement. There is no possible way the Redskins would bring Smoot in to be the starter opposite Rogers. No f'n way! He can be a serviceable, at best, nickelback covering the slot. But to put him out on the outside at cb is absolute suicide.