[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Egg Foo Young

alexgaddis

I have tried a few times to make this at home and all I ever end up with is asian scrambled eggs...anyone have a good recipe? Also, am I right in assuming it needs to be deep fried and thats why it hasn't turned out at home, cause I have only seen recipes that use a frying pan...

i am not a fan of eggs so rarely order it....and never have made it. here's a recipe, but i don't know how it will turn out:

4 tablespoons canola oil

1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped

2 cups shredded cabbage

6 eggs

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/4 cup sliced bamboo shoots

1/2 cup cooked small salad shrimp, or large dice medium cooked shrimp

2 tablespoons green onion tops, sliced, for garnish

Place 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large pan and cook onions and cabbage over- medium high heat just until tender. Remove from heat, drain excess liquid, and reserve.

Whisk the eggs in a bowl and mix in soy sauce, spices, drained cabbage mixture, and bamboo shoots.

Using a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and heat. Ladle about 4 ounces of the cabbage mixture into the hot pan, as you would for pancakes, and sprinkle the small shrimp evenly on top of each. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until edges start to brown and when jiggled, it slides in the pan. Flip and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through. Garnish with scallions.

Cook's Note: If Egg Foo Young becomes brown too quickly, finish it by baking in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for a few minutes.